Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

I think there are more countries how drive on the left - I believe India for example, which makes sense since it is, or was, connected to Britain.

Fiona, I'm glad it has gotten better

Wow, there are lot more countries. Australia, too - which also makes sense in the Britain department. Canada drives on the right side of the street, though, which is weird in regards to the Britain department
Old 06-23-2019, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I feel like I’ve seen a video of people driving on the left in India as well .

Ohh I never knew about Australia but I knew of Canada. Interesting

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I never knew that either! This thread is so informative

I’m back at work tomorrow

Fiona💭
Old 06-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Aw man, that's always hard. You'll get through it - you can recall all the memories you made this weekend
Old 06-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Gee whizz you guys have been chatty today!

Sandy, glad Amaya is okay. That sounds about right for her age, though. They think they know better Maybe she learned a very painful lesson that your words are important.

As for why we start our week on Sunday...I was curious and did a Google search and came across this: Why Your Calendar Starts With Sunday. I consider the week to start on Monday since the weekly view in The Happy Planner is Monday-Sunday so both days of the weekend are in one spread.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I don’t think she’s learned, she’s stubborn she’s gotta do it a few times til she catches on fully . I think it’s the mind assuming it won’t happen again, something even as adults we don’t realize and constantly try something or won’t give up on someone.

Thanks for that, that’s interesting and I didn’t know half of that . I guess Sunday or Monday is acceptable then for the most part, no right or wrong answer .

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Well, God bless her and good luck, Sandy!

Man, oh man, what is in the air lately with customers???!! I actually had a customer argue with me about what we stock in our store. I was so tempted to say back, "Oh I'm sorry, when did you start working here?" Seriously, though! Nobody has patience and don't listen for anything. I get so frustrated having to repeat myself FOUR or FIVE times!
Old 06-24-2019, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I do not miss those days, Candace. Now I only get lectured on the lottery machine because I can’t open it, I can’t fill it, I can’t do anything with it and I’ve got one guy who tells me about it all the time like I’m the store manager and can fix it. I see his point but go to the store manager not me. And being alone at night, I’m not going to open it because I could end up with someone possibly trying to rob me and that lotto machine has tons of money in it so I wouldn’t want to know it.

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-24-2019, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Candace, that was an interesting read on calendar history. If you go the religious Christian way though, Sunday is the day of rest, since God took the seventh day to rest.

Thanks for that

But Sandy is right there is no right or wrong, just cultural/religious differences

So sorry about your customer experiences. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that at my job, I'd be constantly pissed.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkalot (View Post)
As for why we start our week on Sunday...I was curious and did a Google search and came across this: Why Your Calendar Starts With Sunday. I consider the week to start on Monday since the weekly view in The Happy Planner is Monday-Sunday so both days of the weekend are in one spread.
That’s so interesting, thanks for that I guess if you don’t work weekends and your work week starts on a Monday, that’s probably why some cultures and people consider the first day to be Monday.

Ugh customers can be the worst sometimes. I had someone complain on the phone once and kept talking over me and not letting me speak and then I said “well, if you would let me speak instead of talking over me, I could help you” and then they told me I had an attitude problem 😑

Have a good week lovelies

Fiona💭
Old 06-24-2019, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

And this is why everyone should have to work retail or customer service at least once .

Have a good week everyone

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-24-2019, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

My new response to customers complaining is "Call corporate and complain to them and maybe something will change." I love when they complain to you like I can do something right then and there.

I really enjoy having Mondays off lately, because I get a break after the weekends which is when the crazies shop.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^That's what I tell them, especially when they complain about the other overnighter . I feel like they think everyone is a manager and we can snap our fingers and fix it.

I love Monday's off, I feel like while everyone else (especially around here) is miserable at work I'm off relaxing and enjoying myself .

Icon by Fiona
Old 06-25-2019, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
And this is why everyone should have to work retail or customer service at least once .

Have a good week everyone
You don't need to have worked there, you should have the decency to treat them with respect.

Hehe, Monday as the day off is nice
Old 06-25-2019, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

It’s always a nice feeling on a Sunday night, knowing that you’re not at work the next day

Fiona💭
Closed Thread   Post New Thread