Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2019, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

I'm working all weekend as usual. I do have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off next week though!
Old 05-04-2019, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Enjoy your days off Fiona and Candace

So I think the girl that covers for me may be being let go soon. I’m not exactly positive but a regular customer was calling our corporate on her (she’s so into her phone that you can be standing in front of her for twenty minutes to cash out and she won’t notice and she never makes coffee). And than today I find out that our district manager was here watching the cameras. If she gets fired I’ll probably be on six days in a row for a while
Old 05-04-2019, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I assuming you’d welcome the extra money Sandy?

Have a great weekend guys!

Fiona💭
Old 05-04-2019, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Sandy, is that a good or bad scenario?

From me also a good weekend
Old 05-04-2019, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Its both. I wouldn’t mind because of extra money but after a while I’d probably hate it. But one of my coworkers last night was asking about overnights so he’d possibly have to cover them but he’s still gotta be trained. Only time will tell .
Old 05-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Hugh Jackman was like 5 miles away from me today! Closest I’ll ever get to marrying him

Fiona💭
Old 05-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
Enjoy your days off Fiona and Candace

So I think the girl that covers for me may be being let go soon. I’m not exactly positive but a regular customer was calling our corporate on her (she’s so into her phone that you can be standing in front of her for twenty minutes to cash out and she won’t notice and she never makes coffee). And than today I find out that our district manager was here watching the cameras. If she gets fired I’ll probably be on six days in a row for a while
Oh wow, Sandy! I don't understand why people nowadays do that. That's such a stupid reason to lose your job. I guess if you don't have to work it's no big deal.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkalot (View Post)
Oh wow, Sandy! I don't understand why people nowadays do that. That's such a stupid reason to lose your job. I guess if you don't have to work it's no big deal.
Wellll she needs the money for her September wedding. She's accused him of cheating before so now at work shes nonstop on the phone to follow him/spy on him. I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible for her to follow him like a tracker on his phone. But she needs this money (so bad she says) but she took off 5 days in April, every other Monday night this month, than tried to overrule my two extra days in June (I get Sunday/Monday off so I did Saturday and Tuesday and told them I was going to Toronto but wasn't gonna write off on Sunday and Monday as I should already be off) and than took 6 days off in August. Like come on, how are you going to pay for a wedding when you take soooo many days off . (Sorry for the rant, it just irks me I've gotta cover 2 of her shifts in May and 2 of her shifts in August maybe even more as time goes on but she can't work 2 for me in June).

That's awesome, Fiona
Old 05-05-2019, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Fiona, how do you know he was there?
Old 05-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

The owners of a pub just outside of town posted a selfie with him on Facebook when he went in for a meal yesterday. We’re not too far from the Scottish border and he’s playing a show in Scotland this week (according to his IG)

Fiona💭
Old 05-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Ah, I see

So, I'm watching Dead To Me on Netflix (it's very interesting, I highly recommend) and there is something that confuses me, or makes me think I always thought wrong: Jail and prison are not the same apparently. What's the difference?
Old 05-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Ooh, I want to watch that, the trailer looked amazing! Glad to hear it’s good

I think jail is when you’re arrested and locked up in a police station and maybe where you are before a trial and prison is after you’ve been sentenced and sent to a proper prison.. I think.

Fiona💭
Old 05-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

It is really good!! Also, it has 'Detective Karpowski' from Castle in it I was cheering when I saw her

Fiona, yes, that's how I understood it, too. I just didn't know that was the difference. Thanks for confirming
Old 05-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Jail is usually your county/city jail, not necessarily lock up. We have a county jail, kind of in the middle of nowhere and we get locals there mainly but they can send anyone from any jail to it. It's for a short sentence (you get mad and bust someones window and now gotta do 90 days in jail). Also someone waiting for trial for murder would go to the jail for however long until there trial (we've got a guy who killed 2 people in jail awaiting trial for a year). They also hold people until they can be transferred or if mid-transfer and you get hit with really bad weather they'd go to the nearest jail.

Prison is a state and gov't funded one. Your murderers go there.

I learned something in school that I remembered
Old 05-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Okay...interesting conversation there I never really thought about there being an actual difference. I could have gone my whole life never knowing the difference and been fine, but I learned something today, so thank you I guess
Closed Thread   Post New Thread