Stana Katic

You too everyone

Fiona💭
Old 09-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Guys I need prayers for my brother. He started high school this year but it's not at all what any of us expected. Let me start by saying he has autism and down syndrome and the mind of a year old child (doesn't talk, isn't potty trained etc..). Anyways last year his teacher was going to hold him back a year as he felt he was too young for high school, the superintendent than went and overbooked his classroom forcing him to the high school. My mom had to go in today to meet with the teacher who feels Austin doesn't belong. Most of the kids in his class are way more advanced than him (they can talk, he cannot, they know colors, ABCs etc) so his teacher (who has been nothing but nice) has been in talks with his old teacher from last year, and now my parents as well as a couple of teachers who are very good friends with my mom on a plan of action or something. She feels he should be doing another year or two back in the middle school so now my mom's trying to right the superintendent on allowing that (she has his new teacher, old teacher as well as two other teachers and being where she works she knows many lawyers as well as Austin's workers). I am so heartbroken for him right now

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, Sandy I definitely will keep Austin and your whole family in my prayers. What a seriously awful situation all around.

On a different note, I can't believe Austin is high school age! Where has the time gone?!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkalot (View Post)
Oh, Sandy I definitely will keep Austin and your whole family in my prayers. What a seriously awful situation all around.

On a different note, I can't believe Austin is high school age! Where has the time gone?!
Yeah it is, they're faxing a letter tomorrow or friday to get him back to the middle school his workers, new teacher, last years teacher and mom are all going to sign it.

I know!! He'll be 15 right after Thanksgiving (him and amaya get to share the holiday-birthday bond for Thanksgiving and Easter). It seems like yesterday he was 9

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Definitely, keep us updated. I'm glad so many people are fighting for what's best for him. I hate public schools because they don't give a single care to what's best for the child! It's all about what's best for the school.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Definitely, keep us updated. I'm glad so many people are fighting for what's best for him. I hate public schools because they don't give a single care to what's best for the child! It's all about what's best for the school.
Me too, it's not even the district it honestly seems to me that the teacher and aids are just lazy. They have him in a special chair that he gets buckled into away from the other kids, when they go to color and stuff they don't even try to help him. I told my mom how the other day Amaya and I were baking cupcakes and he came and sat down and watched and than got up to be near Amaya so I grabbed another whisk for him to help stir, of course he just wanted to eat the batter but still it's the thought that counts.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

That is just horrible. Is it an inclusion class or special needs class? I'm hoping an inclusion class and it's just lack of teacher training. Still, no matter what it isn't right.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
Guys I need prayers for my brother. He started high school this year but it's not at all what any of us expected. Let me start by saying he has autism and down syndrome and the mind of a year old child (doesn't talk, isn't potty trained etc..). Anyways last year his teacher was going to hold him back a year as he felt he was too young for high school, the superintendent than went and overbooked his classroom forcing him to the high school. My mom had to go in today to meet with the teacher who feels Austin doesn't belong. Most of the kids in his class are way more advanced than him (they can talk, he cannot, they know colors, ABCs etc) so his teacher (who has been nothing but nice) has been in talks with his old teacher from last year, and now my parents as well as a couple of teachers who are very good friends with my mom on a plan of action or something. She feels he should be doing another year or two back in the middle school so now my mom's trying to right the superintendent on allowing that (she has his new teacher, old teacher as well as two other teachers and being where she works she knows many lawyers as well as Austin's workers). I am so heartbroken for him right now
I'm so sorry to hear that, Sandy I hope it all works out.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Aww Sandy, big hugs to your family What an awful situation, I hope everything works out and everybody figures out a way for him to get an education that is perfect for him.

Fiona💭
Old 09-15-2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
That is just horrible. Is it an inclusion class or special needs class? I'm hoping an inclusion class and it's just lack of teacher training. Still, no matter what it isn't right.
Special needs but its they're not broken down by their needs as it has been in the past before.

Thanks everyone, we're hoping for the best. My parents overslept today and typically they would find a way to get him to school but my moms so heartbroken over him being segergated that she said he can stay home at least their hes not left out . Hopefully we find out more next week.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-15-2017, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
Special needs but its they're not broken down by their needs as it has been in the past before.

Thanks everyone, we're hoping for the best. My parents overslept today and typically they would find a way to get him to school but my moms so heartbroken over him being segergated that she said he can stay home at least their hes not left out . Hopefully we find out more next week.
That breaks my heart, Sandy
Old 09-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
That breaks my heart, Sandy
My moms sending the letter back tomorrow so hopefully we hear something soon

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Something good comes from this whole situation that will be the best for Austin!
Old 09-16-2017, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you do hear something soon
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top