Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2016, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Aaaaaaaaah! I'm still crying, but happy tears!! I'll come back and post later but I've got to go to work. I just had to stick my head in and say woohoo they had little Castle babies

Will be more coherent later

~SK~
💋Art thread🎨

Fiona 🦄

Last edited by -x-Lilac-x-; 05-17-2016 at 01:56 AM
-x-Lilac-x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have so many thoughts on the episode

I'm so happy and relieved that this is the ending we got, as I was watching I kept thinking what it would have been like if Kate had died towards the end. I'm grateful that we got a happy ending instead

I loved the twist at the end, where they found out Caleb was still alive. I wasn't expecting that after they had taken down Mason.

I'm glad that Ryan and Espo got involved, and they knew something was going on and wanted to protect Beckett no matter what

I loved that we got one more Lanie/Beckett scene too That was a really nice moment.

And of course the ending They looked so happy
3/7 & 15/7
Ingrid
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Compared to what we could have gotten, the ending made me happy.

Although i've got to admit i would have much preferred the end of season 6 (Minus the abduction on the way to the wedding of course) to have been the end of the show, if i'd been given the choice. It felt a little unimaginative to end the show on this note, considering what we've gotten over the last 2 years and considering how good the writing was up until season 6

Yes i've watched the finale, obviously

But All in all, happy that this is the ending to the show and that they didn't try to ruin it completely by going on without Stana

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 05-17-2016 at 01:55 PM
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

So this episode. I do love the high-action episodes and this was great. The right hand man was brilliantly played, I do love it when villains are sociopathic! He kind of reminded me of an evil Sheldon from BBT

The scene where Castle was injected with the truth serum and told him how much he loved Beckett was perfect

I'm glad Beckett brought the boys in on it too and I'm glad that Vikram turned out not to be the bad guy, I honestly never thought he would be though. But Caleb Brown!! What a double crosser! I did not see that coming! (Kris Polaha looked hot in the leather jacket though )

And the best bit of the episode was the end. They had their three children!! I know we said how maybe the "lily" character would be their daughter but I never actually believed it, I wanted it to be but it seemed too good to be true, I'm so glad she was! And they had twin boys perfect ending and one befitting of Andrew and Terri's vision

~SK~
💋Art thread🎨

Fiona 🦄
Old 05-17-2016, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by -x-Lilac-x- (View Post)
So this episode. I do love the high-action episodes and this was great. The right hand man was brilliantly played, I do love it when villains are sociopathic! He kind of reminded me of an evil Sheldon from BBT

The scene where Castle was injected with the truth serum and told him how much he loved Beckett was perfect

I'm glad Beckett brought the boys in on it too and I'm glad that Vikram turned out not to be the bad guy, I honestly never thought he would be though. But Caleb Brown!! What a double crosser! I did not see that coming! (Kris Polaha looked hot in the leather jacket though )

And the best bit of the episode was the end. They had their three children!! I know we said how maybe the "lily" character would be their daughter but I never actually believed it, I wanted it to be but it seemed too good to be true, I'm so glad she was! And they had twin boys perfect ending and one befitting of Andrew and Terri's vision
Nathan with Mr. Flynn in the truth serum was the worst. Nathan killed that scene hands down . You honestly felt for Martha, the boys, Alexis, Kate, Hayley and Vikram as he said their names. All I could think of in that scene was they're all dead, they are ending the show by ending them all. So glad that didn't happen.

I was confused about Caleb being alive. I thought he had died but I guess it could've been a setup or he had a twin, won't lie it confused me a bit. I can't believe he literally double crossed them, too bad he still didn't make it out alive.

The ending was perfect, I think the whole Caleb and C/B shoot out shouldn't have happened but instead extra time with the little Castle babies but I guess they needed to throw both endings in there. The kids were perfectly cast. And I love the names Lily, Jake and Reece. So glad it wasn't a James/Jamie, Jonah/Johanna or Roy but fresh names. Though I don wonder if they were named after their friends? Lanie-Lily, Javi/Jim-Jake, Roy, Rick, Ryan-Reece. All in all the ending was the best scene all season long (besides Kate scaring Rick and the harley scene). It only took 173 episodes aka 8years to get the Castle babies but we got them. Don't think I can ever watch the ending though without crying, the voice overs then the family scenes did me in

Also have to say way to go fandom, I do believe that we played apart in keeping Beckett alive, literally. I can only imagine what her fate would've been had they renewed. And going by Lily's age Kate was either pregnant with her then or got pregnant pretty soon after (which I can't complain because there's a reason now for Beckett to let things be).
You never know how and when it ends
Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

This episode - man, guys, I'm so glad we got this ending. I cannot imagine - I heard the season finale would have faded to black after they lie shot in the kitchen... wtf!

And then in season 9 probably learning that Castle made it and Kate didn't, or is lying in a coma. OMG, I would have not been happy with that - so not what Kate and we deserved.

So, yes, I am happy, very, very happy with the ending we got.

The scene with Castle having to reveal everyone who knew about LokSat - omg. Nathan nailed it and it was so hard to watch.

Ryan and Espo of course wanted to help their friend and boss Beckett - good thing they did! Beckett (and Castle) wouldn't have made it without them.

I'm glad we got a last Lanie/Kate hug

OMG THE ENDING!!!
THEM HAVING THEIR 3 KIDS (the names are Lily, Jake and Reece, according to ImdB/Twitter btw) I FLAILED!

For me it was the real future (the 7 years later made that clear in my opinion), but some of the fandom were suggesting it was only in their minds. Well, in my mind they lived.

And I cannot wait to read all the fanfics covering those 7 years!!

I do wonder how they got out there alive - Ryan and Espo rescuing them, or a neighbor who heard the gunshots?

I'm glad Kate was able to have kids in the first place still - she was shot in the stomach... (in my mind the timeline suggests Kate is already pregnant with Lily - with all the recovering and stuff she wouldn't be in a condition to get pregnant/have intercourse any time soon.

Sorry for my ramblings, I had to get this off my chest.

I'm sad it's over, of course. But this is so much better than anything else we would have gotten!

to you all

ETA: Sandy, I realized we were practically saying the same, sorry

I just wanted to add: Mason being LokSat?! Seriously, so lame... Or was it Caleb in the end? Why did he shoot Castle and Beckett? Did anyone understand that? (I couldn't rewatch yet)

Last edited by Copop; 05-17-2016 at 07:35 PM
Copop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Lol it's good, similar reactions to the show nothing wrong with that . I don't get the whole Caleb going back after Castle and Beckett either though, especially because they believed he was dead he could have carried on with his life and they would've never known. Maybe Mason is LokSat and Caleb is also a right hand man or maybe they're father and son? Or Caleb has a twin and either the twin shot C/B or the twin died in place of him? So lost with that . Regardless they're all dead and we got Castle babies . I agree I think Kate was pregnant with Lily in the episode and didn't realize it but once she was shot and made it to the hospital they told her, the girl looks about 6-7ish so it works and is a win-win.

Could you imagine if they renewed Castle and they decided to continue to allow Beckett to be pregnant for us to find out they both died?! We'd all be in a riot over that so I'm so so glad it didn't happen. I'd like to think it was Alexis or Martha who rescued em. Martha is known for just walking in OR what if Hayley or Vikram set up cameras around the loft because of LokSat so by accident one of em clicked in and seen everything and was currently calling for help? Either way the lived happily ever after. Richard Castle (a serious literature author) living in NY with his wife Senator Kate Beckett and their three kids: Lily, Reece & Jake.
Icon by Fiona
Old 05-18-2016, 01:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I agree about the whole Caleb thing, I was confused too. At the beginning they found his DNA in the trunk, unless it was staged

TV Guide also posted this Castle Series Finale: 6 Burning Questions That Weren't Answered - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com and they're right, why didn't Mason just kill them after rescuing them in the taco truck or even Castle when he was in L.A....?

Anyway the ending, I never once thought that it was their imagination and that they had died, if it was then it wouldn't have said "seven years later" that to me says it definitely happens.

~SK~
💋Art thread🎨

Fiona 🦄
Old 05-18-2016, 04:41 AM
Passionate Fan

So it seems like Caleb was in fact Loksat after all... shame, I quite liked him.
The ending was just perfect and I hope that Lily's second name is Johanna and they call one of the boys "Cosmo"

To click => Tumblr Twitter Youtube Instagram
KalliopePL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

See, I'm convinced for some reason that Caleb was Loksat. I felt like Mason was almost another right hand man, if you will. But then again, I don't know so much of the episode didn't make sense (much like the whole storyline), imo.
December 22, 1934 - November 12, 2018
Icon by me | Candace
dorkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Quote:
I agree about the whole Caleb thing, I was confused too. At the beginning they found his DNA in the trunk, unless it was staged

TV Guide also posted this Castle Series Finale: 6 Burning Questions That Weren't Answered - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com and they're right, why didn't Mason just kill them after rescuing them in the taco truck or even Castle when he was in L.A....?

Anyway the ending, I never once thought that it was their imagination and that they had died, if it was then it wouldn't have said "seven years later" that to me says it definitely happens.
The irony of that article is that not all questions were answered like we all thought they would be. I do think Kate became a senator after because I can't see her continuing to do these dangerous missions such as going after Loksat knowing she has children at home and what she went through with the loss of her own mother. I'm up in the air about Mason, apart of me thinks he was giving them an out to an extent but instead of backing off they continued the search. Once he rescued them with the taco truck they should've went on a family vacation someplace or did something.

I think Caleb was Loksat but how long has Loksat been around? He doesn't seem all that old. Or maybe someone else was Loksat and Mr Flynn, Caleb and Mason were just apart of his crew? A season 9 would have been finding out who the real LokSat was and justice for Kate is what I'm assuming the writers thought. When that didn't work they just killed the bad guys and did the time jump so all three were dead who could have been Loksat (or so Castle and Beckett think). I still think it was someone else either a complete stranger or someone close to them who didn't want to see them die but wanted them to back off.
Icon by Fiona
Old 05-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
I still think it was someone else either a complete stranger or someone close to them who didn't want to see them die but wanted them to back off.
That is what I was thinking too. I was actually expecting to see Rita or Rick's father again in the finale. I don't think Mason was Loksat either, and I agree Caleb seemed a bit young.
3/7 & 15/7
Ingrid
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken melody (View Post)
That is what I was thinking too. I was actually expecting to see Rita or Rick's father again in the finale. I don't think Mason was Loksat either, and I agree Caleb seemed a bit young.
See it wouldn't surprise me any if it were Rita or Hunt or both of them. How did Rita know where to find Kate and Vikram in 8x02? Unless she put a tracking device on them. It could be them and they don't want to hurt their stepson and daughter in law so they sent in Caleb, Mason and Mr. Flynn. Now that all three of them are dead Castle and Beckett would assume it's officially over leaving Rita and Hunt to go about their business while allowing Castle and Beckett to move on. While in LA in the GDS Mason didn't do anything because the orders were probably to try and figure out what Caste may or may not know or to distract him hence inviting him into the GDS. I think that by rescuing them with the taco truck it was also giving them an outs of sorts. They could've drew the line grabbed Alexis and Martha and went to Paris for a bit and just gave up.

Edit: Hunt sending in Hayley could've been to make sure Castle didn't find out about LokSat then running into Castle in NY could've easily been to see what he knew. Hayley knew something because of Castle choosing to wipe his memory knowing Castle and Beckett were going through hell during that seperation as a friend wouldn't you say something?
Icon by Fiona
Old 05-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

A fan on Twitter asked Kris Polaha who LokSat was an he answered the name of the actor who played Mason but to me the last scene made it seem like it was Caleb It really wasn't clear, I'd have liked to have known more... It was very rushed.

I'm not sure if they would have gone back to it in season 9 because the writers stated that they were wrapping up the LokSat story at the end of this season.

~SK~
💋Art thread🎨

Fiona 🦄
Old 05-18-2016, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Castle

Quote:
A fan on Twitter asked Kris Polaha who LokSat was an he answered the name of the actor who played Mason but to me the last scene made it seem like it was Caleb It really wasn't clear, I'd have liked to have known more... It was very rushed.

I'm not sure if they would have gone back to it in season 9 because the writers stated that they were wrapping up the LokSat story at the end of this season.
Yeah so confusing but at the same time they weren't expecting ABC to not sign on Stana. I think the cliffhanger was both of them being shot and then it would've ended there or they would've just said I love yous as they laid there bleeding. And season 9 would've either been learning Kate died and more to Loksat or Castle and Beckett explaining the story behind Loksat. So it's so hard to tell. Kind of wish they just left it with Caleb having died in the beginning and Mason being the mastermind behind it all and did more on the epilogue because throwing in that shooting did make it seem rushed. I like that the fans pretty much learned that they lived and went on to have their three kids but we're still a bit confused on which one was Loksat lol. Unless Mason is Caleb's father and Mason, Mr. Flynn and Caleb all faked his death and did something to have it show up Caleb's DNA .
Icon by Fiona
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top