Favourite twist?

broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Thanks for the thread Ingrid

And to answer those questions...

What did you like/dislike?: The thing I liked most was Emily’s strength and determination, doing whatever she needed to discover the truth. Also Warren Byrne is a badass protective papa bear and always has Emily’s back. Oh and Flynn.
Dislike? Nick. Even though I absolutely adore Patrick, Nick just rubs me up the wrong way.

Favourite episode? Hmm, probably the pilot still. Though I haven’t rewatched them all yet.

Favourite twist? Radford being killed off in episode 3. Did not see that coming at all.

Fiona💭
-x-Lilac-x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

What did you like/dislike?: I liked the whole story. It was different, it was entertaining, it had twists and turns within every episode and each episode ended well leaving me wanting more. I second Fiona with Papa Byrne and Flynn. Honestly I think if it wasn't those two I think Emily would've given up.
I disliked Nick. Sorry not sorry. He was okay at first than he was just a jerk.

Favourite episode?: The pilot! What a strong, well done pilot. I also liked the third episode.

Favourite twist?: The mastermind behind it all. We caught glimpses throughout the episodes but nothing that ever raised flags and the way the clues went I kept thinking it was this person than that person etc..

Thanks for this Ingrid

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome guys

What did you like/dislike? I loved Emily's character, the family dynamics, the twists and turns. The only thing I disliked was Nick. I thought he'd be one of my favourite characters but both Emily and Alice deserve better than him.
Favourite episode? The pilot. It's such a great way to start the show, and it's special to me because I got to watch it in Monte Carlo.
Favourite twist? The reporter. I had a lot of suspects in mind but she wasn't one of them.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Oh, awesome idea

What did you like/dislike? Like: Emily and her relationship with her dad, Warren, and her brother. Well, latter only later in the season. Dislike: Nick. Absolutely Nick. He was/is such a huge disappointment throughout the season.
Favourite episode?The pilot. First because I, like Ingrid, have seen it in Monte-Carlo. It was such an awesome thing we got to experience there. I also like the last episode.
Favourite twist?Tommy seemingly/obviously having a crush on Emily Radford being killed Wow. I did not expect it at all. Also who the killer is. Never even thought about her. And lastly, Emily might having killed Harlow. I so hope, if there is a second season, she didn't do it.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

That moment when we all have the same dislike which its so odd since he is part of the main cast.

Icon by Fiona
Old 02-03-2018, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Absentia - Season One - Review - "Stana Katic Makes Award-Worthy Return to Television"

Quote:
The heavy lifting for the show rests squarely on Katic’s shoulders and she does not disappoint. Absentia is truly her show, and she challenges herself in so many ways in a physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding role. She commands every scene she is in, even the ones where Emily is trying to evade the authorities. Emily is smart, conflicted, resourceful, and determined, but capable of great ruthlessness when fighting for her innocence and survival, and you’re cheering for her the entire time. You feel every nuance of every moment of joy, confusion, anguish and anger Emily feels through one of the most powerful performances we’ve seen from Katic.Thanks though, to the intricate twists and turns in the story, like Emily you never know who you can trust. Your biggest enemy could turn out to be your greatest ally and at times, also like Emily, you have doubts about her innocence. Just when you think you’ve figured out the mystery the story takes a sharp and surprising turn.

Katic is backed in the series by Patrick Heusinger (Quantum Break, Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce) playing Emily’s husband Special Agent Nick Durand. While you understand his grappling with his guilt of giving up the original search for Emily, and trying to be fair to his new wife, his weakness in the series to me was that for being a smart FBI agent he jumped to hasty conclusions and judgments switching back and forth with his loyalty. One could almost grow to dislike him by the end of the series. Angel Bonanni (Shots Fired) is Boston PD Detective Tommy Gibbs, who strangely finds himself learning exactly what kind of cop he is or wants to be during his course of investigating the murders connected to Emily. Neil Jackson, (Grantchester, The Originals) is Emily’s troubled brother who fights through his own demons when his sister returns from the dead.

Patrick McAuley (The Conjuring 2) is Emily’s now nine-year-old son, Flynn. That first reunion scene between him and Katic is a heart-tugging moment and their subsequent scenes as mother and son try to rebuild their relationship are especially effective. But perhaps the other standout of the series is Cara Theobold (Crazyhead, and known to video game fans as the voice of Tracer in the game Overwatch) as Nick’s second wife, Alice Durand. To be honest I really wanted to dislike her at first but her handling of Emily’s return and other actions eventually won me over.
I love this review so much and I agree with most of what is said.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I love that. I agree, Ingrid, it really says a lot of how I felt and seen things and makes me glad that I'm not alone. All of these reviews are just absolutely amazing.

Icon by Fiona
Old 02-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Same here Sandy, I definitely thought the same about Nick (and also Stana being awesome, but that’s a given )

Fiona💭
Old 02-04-2018, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

That must have been written by a fan - if not, even more wow
Old 02-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I was wondering that, because SpoilerTV rarely writes majority positive reviews (from what I have seen).
dorkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

So, I finished the show. I watched in German. I'm surprised how good it was, actually. I cannot complain and that means something!

The ending - aaaargh. I sooo hope, if there's a second season, that it will be about how Emily didn't kill Harlow - and if she did, that Logan/Laurie made her do it, triggered her, etc.
And that Tommy helps her and they grow closer. I really want them together
Old 02-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I agree about a season 2. The ending still gets to me. We need it cleared up.

Icon by Fiona
Old 02-05-2018, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I wonder, if there’s a season 2, how much time will have passed. Will Emily have climbed that mountain and then has to come back to reality? I think Emily will have a lot of demons to overcome because really Logan made her endure what she endured and look how messed up it made her (Logan).

I hope about Emily and Tommy too Stana mentioned in her Facebook live interview that she enjoyed that scene so it seems like she’s onboard with it. I’d also like to know more about Emily and Nick’s marriage (maybe in flashbacks) because it seems like everything wasn’t all sunshine and roses for them.

Fiona💭
Old 02-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by -x-Lilac-x- (View Post)
I wonder, if there’s a season 2, how much time will have passed. Will Emily have climbed that mountain and then has to come back to reality? I think Emily will have a lot of demons to overcome because really Logan made her endure what she endured and look how messed up it made her (Logan).

I hope about Emily and Tommy too Stana mentioned in her Facebook live interview that she enjoyed that scene so it seems like she’s onboard with it. I’d also like to know more about Emily and Nick’s marriage (maybe in flashbacks) because it seems like everything wasn’t all sunshine and roses for them.
I could probably get behind Emily and Tommy if done right. Hopefully if anything of Harlow comes to light he helps her to clear her name (if she didn't do it). She's going to have issues from those six years of torture to overcome big time. I do hope they bring that as a focus for a season 2.

I agree about their marriage. For him to give up after only a year doesn't sit well with me. There's parents still looking for their child, no matter the age so if you love your first wife the way he had claimed to why give up after a year? And than cheating on Alice with Emily to me it's once a cheater, always a cheater and makes me wonder if he's cheated on Emily before. So many questions to still be answered.

Icon by Fiona
Reply   Post New Thread