Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Absentia Episode Discussion - 3x04: Alea Iacta Est

3.04 Alea Iacta Est
(Engl.: The die is cast)
Original air date: July 17th, 2020

"Alea Iacta Est"
Emily's demand for the FBI to go after Nick is met with resistance, which leads her to set in motion a risky plan that puts her face-to-face with the one man who can lead her to Nick. Meanwhile somewhere in Europe, Nick is being drugged and psychologically tortured, revealing his buried guilt and his insecurities as an FBI agent, a husband, and as a father.

Last edited by -x-Lilac-x-; 07-23-2020 at 01:51 PM
Copop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Nooo, Kai! That really hurt.

Wow, Emily sure didn’t hold back with Julianne! Is it just me or is Julianne actually okay? I felt bad for her in this episode I must say, I think she honestly thought that shooting Alice was the right thing to do because she’s so by the book. I like that they revealed her sexuality. She’s proving to be an interesting character.

Loved Cal and Emily in the cafe and him telling her that quote. But why was he following her later on when she was seeing off Flynn and Warren?! I really hope it’s just because he was making sure she was safe. I don’t think Cal is the mole, I mean, he was surprised to find out about Meridian, he was quick to try and call off the other agents tailing them when he found out and he chased after and shot Dawkins in the leg. I do think he’s worried about something on that file that Emily has that might be about him.

Dawkins is awful! But also a really good villain. My heart sank when he was looking for Flynn, thank goodness Flynn had the instinct to hide. I hope Emily can outsmart him.

And again poor Nick!! And he’s hallucinating about Alice! It was nice seeing Cara again.

Oh and I love that Flynn’s middle name is Warren

Fiona💭
-x-Lilac-x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Ok, doing a live-blog-kind-of-thingy from here on out. You have been warned.

Cara Theobold in the credits?!?!?

Nooo Of course Kai died. This is Absentia, after all.

But she gave Emily a stick - with the Meridian files on it, maybe?

My face when Emily punched Gunnarsen: Literally!

Why does Dawkins have Emily's private home videos playing on his computer ?! And why is he watching material from when she disappeared?

Cal and Emily finding where Nick was shipped off - how did they know where to look? I guess I missed something...
And I'm pretty sure Cal knows Emily maybe has the files but can't acces them - because she hasn't found stuff about him yet. At least that's the vibe I'm getting right now.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dawkins near Flynn. NOOOOOOOOOO!
OMG - Flynn hiding, so clever, aaaah, please don't find him, be distracted by something.

Aaaah, Warren - will he arrive in time?!
Aw man, Warren and Dawkins passing one another!

Oh, phew, they're out and safe - for now.

WTF? Cal watching them?! Oh man, if he is the FBI mole, I'm gonna be pissed.

Hm... Gunnarsen is meeting with her ex-girlfriend, I assume?
Yeah, I think so
But why is Crown watching them?

Sheesh, Nick being tortured with videos. That is so cruel.

Ah, clever trick with duplicating the files. Nice to have such a tech-friend coming out of nowhere

Who does Emily call? It's late out there - what kind of hint is that. Huh.

WAIT WHAT?! ALICE?!
Or is this just him hallucinating? More likely than her being alive. I guess. (I don't know with this show!!)

ohh nooo... Dawkins not being in the hotel room... Emily being home aaaalll alone. This can't end well.

Oh, it did end well - in a sense. Emily and Dawkins are off to Jericho? What- or whoever that is...

Cal... he will be disappointed - but why isn't he with them, I mean, did he find out about Jericho from his Berlin contacts? Huh.

Fiona, I agree about Flynn's middle name Lovely to hear

Oh, in my rewatch I saw that Dawkins didn't have private home videos of the Durands - it was on the news back then, he's just watching the special report from then.

Well, that makes more sense

Last edited by Copop; 07-18-2020 at 03:38 PM
Copop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really enjoying this season so far!

Emily punching Gunnarsen, I didn't see that coming. I felt bad for her but at the same time there's still so much we don't know about her. I don't think she's the mole though.

I was surprised that Flynn was at swim practice by himself, I mean, it was only a matter of time until they would go after him.

I love that we got to see Alice. Part of me does wonder if she's still alive somehow.

I hope Cal followed Emily to make sure she was safe, but I also think Cal is worried about the files because there's something in them about him.

I felt bad for Nick when he was forced to watch those videos.
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top