Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Absentia Episode Discussion - 1x04: Me You Him Me

1.04 Me You Him Me
Original air date: October 9, 2017

"Me You Him Me"
The evidence against Emily is too much for the FBI and Boston Police Department to ignore, so they ask her to turn herself in. In the midst of chaos, old feelings come to the surface between Nick and Emily. Emily decides she would rather flee and try to solve the mystery that is ruining her life. Can Emily save her relationship with Flynn? Is it possible for agent Adam Radford to solve this mystery? Can Nick trust Emily anymore?

ā€ƒ

Last edited by Copop; 09-19-2019 at 01:58 AM
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Thanks for the thread!

Can't wait to see it.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome I'm really excited for this one too. The promo looks good
Old 10-07-2017, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Thanks for the thread

Can't wait (though I'm confused by the Adam thing but I guess we'll see what happens).

FionašŸ’­
-x-Lilac-x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ That part confused me too
Old 10-08-2017, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I think because the summaries released are translations and things get mixed up I read one for episode 5 and I was like "wait, what?"

FionašŸ’­
Old 10-08-2017, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Yeah, the google translations are very weird sometimes
Old 10-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Looking forward to this one!

Oh Google Translate, you gotta love it.
dorkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for starting this thread!
canā€™t wait to see it
fragileįƒ¦heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Nick/Emily scene at the hotel room They have so much chemistry. I'm not surprised Emily ran though, I can understand why she wants answers and she's not going to get them if she's in jail.

I'm glad Radford isn't behind it all, that would've been too easy. I can't believe they killed him off so soon though At least we know Emily didn't do it, she ran the other way. I wonder who shot Radford though and how they knew were Emily was. Also, the bleeding eye being a place sounds interesting.

Jack's scene was interesting.. I'm curious what was in the briefcase and if it's in any way important.

I loved the Emily/Flynn scenes in this episode
Old 10-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Ingrid^ I think the shot did come from the same direction Emily ran.

Holy *****! Was totally not expecting the end of this episode! I kind of thought that it wasn't as it seemed with Radford being involved in her abduction, for a while there I thought the eyes in Radford's journal had all been in Emily's imagination until he said that he was trying to solve the clue. I can't believe he was killed! I'll miss him actually, Ralph Ineson is such a great actor.

This does not bode well for Emily at all I mean, she can't have done it, right?? I'm starting to wonder about her now...

I'm so suspicious of Jack, what's his deal? Also, remember in the first or second episode where he told Emily those flowers had come for her? With the names of the strippers... maybe they did arrive for her or maybe he was messing with her head.

Loved the motel scene with Nick and Emily. I kind of feel like to him (and maybe her too) that it was making up for not having a "last time" six years ago. And I knew that she'd be gone when he came out of the bathroom.

And the scene with Flynn, he called her "mom"

And the scene with Tommy and Emily's dad, I love Emily's dad

To sum up though, I'm actually really sad that Radford is dead

Oh and we were right when we watched that trailer a while ago, it WAS Radfords head that Emily was pointing the gun at!

FionašŸ’­

Last edited by -x-Lilac-x-; 10-10-2017 at 11:29 AM
Old 10-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

WTF

First of all - that ending
I mean, who shot Radford if not Emily?! It came from the direction she ran... I mean, we're obviously supposed to see as if she did it, but I can't imagine that - she could have let him drown! which, btw, I had to think of how Stana did a waterboarding scene herself, was on the other side once. idk )
Also - it's curious how Ralph is already out of the cast. I expected him to be there 10 episodes, so this is really a surprise! Well, maybe he will be in them, technically, with flashbacks etc.

So - I hope we get the other side of things, another perspective. I need it!

Then - FLYNN CALLED HER MOM! I aaawwed

Hm, Emily and Nick in that hotel room - I don't know what to think. I feel bad about it in some way - she just used him. Maybe not at first, but she definitely took the chance to run away in the aftermath. I think it was not all just spur of the moment but also planned by Emily.
She could have found other ways to escape - like the scenario Nick described to Alice.

Oh, speaking of Alice - she wants to protect Flynn. She doesn't believe Emily and makes her the bad guy. All the evidence points to Emily, the media does, so...

Nick researching where Emily might be: If he got suspended, his login wouldn't work anymore, but anyway, ignoring that fact

Emily's dad being quick on the phone - he rocks

Jack - the stripper coming to his home, was that the one we saw in the first episode? Ingrid, you make a good point. What was in the briefcase?

For a while I thought Nick might have done it - abducting Emily, I mean. When they talked on the phone while Emily held Radford captive in the car he seemed off somehow.
Radford not being it - the agent he called was just the one who kept tabs on Emily because she was on the run. They're so good at deceiving, the Absentia makers, I mean

Ingrid saying Emily ran the other direction from where the shot came and Fiona and I saying it's the same direction, I watched again. It was the same direction, to Adam's left - and you hear running steps. I really don't know what to think.

Fiona, I thought of the trailer and us trying to see if it was Radford who Emily had at gunpoint
Old 10-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

^Hmm I get what you mean about the hotel room scene, Emily definitely used it to her advantage but I don't think she planned to sleep with him she just took her opportunity afterwards. She'd have probably tried to escape another way if she had to.

Jack started out as so mild mannered. Hard to believe that Emily's return had put him into that much of a tailspin, there's definitely something up with him and the strippers (I don't think it was the same one from the first episode though) and maybe a link to Semirov. And yes, that briefcase!

I'd love a scene between Jack and Emily and Jacks dad (I don't think we know his name, do we?). Their dad seems to be the only character who is 100%, unwaveringly behind Emily.

Aww Kathrin, you're far more nice about Alice than I am I get what you're saying and I totally get why Alice was like that given the situation... I just don't like it

FionašŸ’­
Old 10-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

I think we know her father's name, I just can't recall it right now.

I agree about the Jack/Emily/their father scene. Maybe it will all be revealed slowly.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Alice in the first episode - but then it decreased steadily.
I also think she sees her as a threat to her family - in the sense of she fears Nick will choose Emily over her (again) etc.

Oh, I forgot.
I laughed when Tommy asked Nick what Emily was wearing when he saw her last I thought: uuuuh- nothing And then Nick's memory showed on the screen
Old 10-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I totally agree with you about Alice, I liked her at first but every episode I like her less I think she's secretly worried that she'll lose not only Nick to Emily but Flynn as well. Maybe that's part of the reason (as well as being worried about him) that she's always reluctant when Emily sees Flynn.

I laughed at that bit too

FionašŸ’­
Reply   Post New Thread