Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2017, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Absentia Episode Discussion - 1x01: Comeback

1.01 Comeback
Original air date: September 25, 2017

"Comeback"
FBI agent Emily Byrne disappears without a trace while hunting one of Boston’s most notorious serial killers and is declared dead. She is found six years later, barely alive and with no memory of what has happened. She soon finds herself implicated in a new series of murders and goes on the run to prove her innocence.

Last edited by Copop; 09-19-2019 at 01:56 AM
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Thanks for posting this Ingrid!

Fiona💭
-x-Lilac-x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Thanks for this I won't be able to resist this thread

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Seriously, right?!

I was like really? when I saw these threads pop up.
dorkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

im excited even if I can't watch right away. I'm curious to see what everyone says, usually reviews are what draw me to a show.

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks so much for starting this thread
going to try so hard to avoid social media once tuesday comes. at least i can still post on the board, not in this thread, until i see it because i won’t be spoiled
fragileღheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Thanks for the thread

I won't be able to resist this either The question is, will anyone even post - it means they saw it. We don't have people from the countries airing it posting here, so I'm really curious
Old 09-22-2017, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Actually, we do. Kalliope and Paulina (Karma Police) will both be able to watch it. I know there's also a few other Stana fans on that will get to watch it, so hopefully they'll stop by.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Oy! That is so true. I'm sorry Paulina and Kalliope! And everyone who can watch it.
I can't, but I'm excited for everyone who can
Old 09-26-2017, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just finished watching the episode I had already seen it in Monte Carlo of course, but it was like watching it for the first time. Every moment is just so intense.. I'm so glad I can finally talk about it!

I love how the episode starts, it's intense from the start and you're definitely on the edge of your seat. Stana's acting is amazing, I really feel like she gets to do so much more on this show. Her body language and expressions are everything.

My heart broke for Emily when she went to see Flynn I can't even describe it, it was just so heartbreaking to watch. Also, the scene where she notices Nick's wedding ring! That was so sad and again, Stana's acting is amazing. She doesn't even have to say anything.

The ending was such a great twist. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Old 09-26-2017, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I LOVED IT!

Stana was absolutely amazing. She was able to convey so much emotion without speaking. Like that scene in the hospital when she saw Nick's wedding ring. Emily is such a loose canon right now, I mean that scene where she stabbed that woman with the scalpel and then relentlessly punching that guy :wow: That is some serious trauma going on for her.

The scenes with Flynn absolutely broke my heart. I can see where he's coming from though, to him she's someone who he doesn't know, who's coming in and disrupting their happy life. I hope we get to see their relationship develop and improve as the season goes on.

And Nick! Poor Nick, the guy is trying to make things right but he can't please everyone. i wouldn't say I ship Emily and Nick, I'm sure I will but right now he's married to someone else and Emily really needs to heal.

I was so ready to dislike Alice but I just can't, I really felt for her and I really liked that she was willing to let Emily into her home Even though Emily didn't really talk to her because she was so happy to see Riggs

And then the whole Conrad thing! How did he manage to call Nick at the beginning of the episode and do it without someone knowing (my guess is maybe he had a guard in the prison helping him out). And what does the whole thing have to do with the guy they found in the lake who they thought was in on it. And the names of the flowers/strippers!! So many questions.

This is definitely a show that I could watch even without Stana (though obviously it'd be nowhere near as good )

Fiona💭
-x-Lilac-x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

I'm glad to report that they didn't cut anything - at least I can't tell. Ingrid, what do you think?

Stana - It's just so great to see her work. You're both so right, the things she says with just her face and looks. The scene in the hospital bed where she meets Nick for the first time to really talk - if looks could kill when she spots the wedding band

I so don't get how Conrad Harlow is involved in this. Someone used his voice to get Nick to free Emily. Why rescue her, why not just kill her. It's so curious.

I'm just so curious how this all plays out.

I understand how Flynn feels, he's just nine years old, he doesn't know Emily as his mom, he knows Alice.
Nick is in the middle of all of this and of course doesn't know how to handle this. I wouldn't either!

The ending twist - boy, do I hope Emily is not really the killer?

I still wanna know what in the world Emily must have done to make someone that mad at her.

The scene in the tank - it's just, wow. I love we know how they filmed it.

Guys, I'm emotional, it's so good to see new material with Stana.

OOOH, and of course! Stana's name displayed at first, and as EP
Old 09-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just finished, it was amazing, Stana is such a great actress, the things she can convey with just a look. I felt so bad for her during the scenes with Flynn. And that poor boy must be so confused and lost.

I'll have to rewatch it because I was multi-tasking but the episode is already available on AXN's website, so going to rewatch it right away.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Holy cow! That was my initial reaction after finishing this episode!

I sat back and mainly was just admiring Stana and her acting! I've said this so many times to myself, but I have never watched someone who can convey so much without saying a single word!

I feel bad for everyone involved. I instantly felt for Alice. The Flynn scenes were absolutely heartbreaking. Nick is in such a difficult position. Tommy, I don't really know what to feel about him.

Conrad's character is intriguing. At this point, I don't see how he is involved.

I will definitely have to rewatch this episode and the second one again and again and again.
dorkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copop (View Post)
I'm glad to report that they didn't cut anything - at least I can't tell. Ingrid, what do you think?

Stana - It's just so great to see her work. You're both so right, the things she says with just her face and looks. The scene in the hospital bed where she meets Nick for the first time to really talk - if looks could kill when she spots the wedding band

I so don't get how Conrad Harlow is involved in this. Someone used his voice to get Nick to free Emily. Why rescue her, why not just kill her. It's so curious.

I'm just so curious how this all plays out.

I understand how Flynn feels, he's just nine years old, he doesn't know Emily as his mom, he knows Alice.
Nick is in the middle of all of this and of course doesn't know how to handle this. I wouldn't either!

The ending twist - boy, do I hope Emily is not really the killer?

I still wanna know what in the world Emily must have done to make someone that mad at her.

The scene in the tank - it's just, wow. I love we know how they filmed it.

Guys, I'm emotional, it's so good to see new material with Stana.

OOOH, and of course! Stana's name displayed at first, and as EP
You're right. AXN aired the episode in full. I remember how angry I was at Universal Channel for censoring "Castle" episode and cutting out "too violent" scenes...
I too saw the first episode in Monte Carlo, but watching it yesterday on my TV on AXN was totally like watching it for the first time
Poor Emily... I soooo need to give her a big hug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Just finished, it was amazing, Stana is such a great actress, the things she can convey with just a look. I felt so bad for her during the scenes with Flynn. And that poor boy must be so confused and lost.

I'll have to rewatch it because I was multi-tasking but the episode is already available on AXN's website, so going to rewatch it right away.
Unfortunately the episode is not available on AXN website any more, I wonder whether they're going to put it back any time soon...

To click => Tumblr Twitter Youtube Instagram

Last edited by Copop; 09-27-2017 at 11:54 AM
KalliopePL is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top