Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Secretive Operative [Tom Keen | Christopher Hargrave | Ryan Eggold] #9: "This whole father-in-law hates his son-in-law thing is cliche."

the secretive operative
Tom Keen/Christopher Hargrave | Ryan Eggold
n i n e t h • a p p r e c i a t i o n • t h r e a d

x

Who is Tom Keen?

Thomas Vincent Keen, (born Christopher Hargrave) is an elementary school teacher who turns out to be a covert operative. Tom was a social outcast and petty thief and doesn't know who his parents are. He was recruited at the age of 14 by The Major due to the combination of sociopathy and extreme talent, to be groomed for covert operations. Reddington acquired him from The Major in order keep an eye on Elizabeth Keen. Tom got romantically involved with Liz which led Red to fire him. To protect himself and Liz, Tom went to Berlin and the Major reassigned Tom's contract to Berlin when offered double Red's original price. Tom married Liz and they were trying to adopt a child together. Their marriage is annulled when Liz finds out who and what Tom really is. Liz shoots him and stages his death, but keeps him prisoner on a boat for several months in order to extract as much information as possible. After his escape, he goes back to work for The Major again. As a covert operation as a neo-Nazi drug and arms dealer in Germany goes south, The Major, sees Tom as a liability and tries to shoot Tom but the Germans intercept them; Tom bargains for their lives and they both manage to escape, but The Major is still set to have Tom killed. Desperate, Tom hides at Liz's place and pleads her to give him his passports. She gives them to him and Tom departs on his boat to Japan to begin his new life. He comes back to help save Liz who is on the run after murdering the Attorney General. Tom goes after Karakurt, the only person that can exonerate Liz. Tom finds Karakurt and hold him hostage until he clears Liz name. After Liz is released, Tom and Liz plan on getting married again but that didn't go as planned. Red tells Tom who his parents are and at first he doesn't want to have anything to do with them but after a while he decides to work for Scottie Hargrave in order to find out who his parents are.

Banner by Miranda

the fans
01. Jade Lizabetta Lautner | 02. Lostcandy | 03. Amyღ | 04. xlennie | 05. Donna L. Crawford
06. L i N d $ @ y | 07. Sternbetrachter | 08. Nekoshoujo | 09. Stacie18 | 10. b4dark
11. ElizaSparrow | 12. Walt Reynolds | 13. JenR | 14. KeepThisaSecret | 15. Miranda
16. baelfire24 |17. jayta | 18. stlavin95 | 19. girl under the floor

x

quote of the moment
"I'm not going to pretend I feel something I don't. I know it sounds cold but my father,
my mother.. that family.. whoever they are.. I am not really interested."
episode 4x13

banner by Miranda

the reasons
Because he is very mysterious.
Because he keeps us guessing.
Because good or bad we love him.
Because he is very badass.
Because when the glasses come off he immediately changes.
Because he shapes the minds of tomorrow's youth.
Because he does have a good heart.
Because he is in love with Liz.
Because he is a loving father to his little girl.
Because he wants to be a better man.
Because he will do whatever it takes to keep his family safe.
Because he finally started looking into who he really is.
Because he considers Nez as his sister and he would do anything to protect her.

— Tom Keen. #7 on The Blacklist —

"Whatever you think you know about Tom Keen, forget it. The bookish elementary school teacher was a masterful illusion.
The man is an extremely talented covert operative. I’m not surprised he convinced you that his persona was real. Once he takes on a new identity, he convinces himself."

Tom Keen | Jacob Phelps | Christopher Hargrave

x

banner by Miranda

future titles
"I know it sounds cold but my father, my mother, that family.. whoever they are.. I am not really interested."

past titles
"I spent four months on that ship chained up and I never told her about us. Not one word."
"You never really know people. Do you?"
"Do you think it's possible, for someone like me, to start over? To become something else?"
"Principals are a b*tch man. I avoid them at all costs."
"I delivered on my word. So when are you gonna deliver on yours?"
"This whole father-in-law hates his son-in-law thing is cliche."

previous threads
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 |

Old 02-23-2018, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Great quote. It makes me remember just how much he bothered me. It's not cliche. Red had a reason and a good one. Tom never gave him reason to change.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No he didn't.. Red was always right about him.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

True... Great quote and still it wasn't a cliche when it come to these two... It was real, sadly.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But also cliche. But I don't think there is a father in law that hates his son in law as bad as Red hated Tom.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

But hey, he had good reasons to do that... And so might Tom have had. It was both sided.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it definitly was.

I still wonder if Tom knew that Red was Liz's father back in the s1 finale when he told Liz her father was still alive.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess we'll never find out... Because if he knew, why wouldn't he have told her? Not even when he was honest with her about the passports?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

He didn't know anything. Obviously by the way he looked when he read the DNA results. He just caused trouble wherever he could.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

You think he didn't know anything? Really?

I think he very well figured it all out but I'm not sure if Oleander was part of what he found out
Old 03-04-2018, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he had it all figured out as well. He got killed before he could tell Liz what he found out..
Old 03-04-2018, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. He took it to the grave... I'm wondering if we'll ever figure out to what extend he knew something. We might find out some things but we'll never know if that was all of it for Tom or if he figured out some more because of knowledge he had that we didn't know he had.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 03-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Great news for him!!!
Old 03-06-2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is amazing news! I am very glad to see Ryan on tv again and I am definitly going to check out the show! Can't wait to see him play another character than Tom.