Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, this is a quote from Red that is always in the back of my mind as well and I don't know. Everything about him is a lie... He never said that everything he said (to her) was a lie. More like the opposite.

But yeah, back to the line you brought over... I think about his family the only thing we know is that he had a family that he loved dearly. At least the daughter. We never got something about the wife. What if this family of his, the one he loved, was a job only? But he really started to care, fell in love? And Naomi and Jennifer could only have been a cover. But wasn't the police coming to her house around Christmas time as well? At least that's what I remember about her story. It's way too much Christmas Eve's for me Although it would make sense because they for sure knew that he was in undercover agent and that there might have been more families than one as well Who knows. We know Katarina had a few. Why not Red? But yes, this explanation sucks

Yeah, maybe it wasn't him selling these documents. Or maybe he isn't Raymond Reddington?
Old 11-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Good ideas. No I don't think he meant that he's not Red. I hope. I think he's talking about his FBI file that the stuff in it is made up because he was set up and framed. Maybe.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's a mixture of both as well. And of course it also doesn't help who her parents are..

Everything about me is a lie.. Maybe he only said that to make her curious? Why would everything about him be a lie? Or maybe only the things in his files are? I don't know..
Old 11-18-2016, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

He never lies to Liz so when he said everything about himself is a lie... I take that to be a true statement. He better not be an imposter.

He could have meant this persona he has now is a lie because it's so different from the man he really is. But I kind of think he meant his file and everything he's been accused of.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he was talking about his file as well. I still refuse to believe he is an imposter. He can't be..
Old 11-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with Marilyn. At least I think that him selling all these documents is a lie... I think he was framed and didn't the Cabal indicate something like that at some point? I somehow recall something like that but I can't place it. We even have a question regarding it in our Mythology OP. I think that all that is listed in his file is a lie... And see, maybe even the part about his family was (if it really was Naomi and Jennifer).

I'm all against this imposter theory as well.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think everything in his file is a lie but I think a lot is. I don't recall ever hearing that the Cabal tried to frame him but it being the Cabal, I could definitly be true that they tried that.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

I doubt if we would know about the Cabsl since they were clandestine. But he was being groomed for admiral. He was very important to them and yet there is nothing about Katarina or whatever happened with her. Seems like a six year time period, where she was trying to get him to betray his country, seems like that would be mentioned. That's a long time to keep a secret like that, not without a powerful organization keeping it out of your file.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I don't think everything in his file is a lie but I think a lot is. I don't recall ever hearing that the Cabal tried to frame him but it being the Cabal, I could definitly be true that they tried that.
They did. It's not in his file, but it was mentioned... Have a look at the questions in the Mythology thread OP There is this one question and it came up at some point in one season (season 3 I guess or maybe even 2). I'm not sure if the Cabal peeps talked about it, Red talked about it to the Director or Hitchin or somebody... But it was mentioned.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

I've been thinking about the idea that Elizabeth is the name of Red's child. That made me wonder why her last name was Scott and not Milhoan. At first I thought maybe that was Red's real last name, but I don't want that to be true, so what if Scott was his wife's maiden name or even a family name. It could have been his way of keeping that alive.

The only problem that I can see comes from us believing that his daughter died after the fire. For this idea to work, I think she would have already died.

If his file is fake, the 1990 date could be made up too
Old 11-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I've been thinking about the idea that Elizabeth is the name of Red's child. That made me wonder why her last name was Scott and not Milhoan. At first I thought maybe that was Red's real last name, but I don't want that to be true, so what if Scott was his wife's maiden name or even a family name. It could have been his way of keeping that alive.
But wouldn't the FBI know about it? About the fact that Red was married and what his wife's birth name was? Does anybody know that Liz's last name used to be Scott? I'm sure they do, right? She's working for the FBI and when Red requested her I am sure that they did a background check on her again before bringing her in

Hm, that's true indeed... About the Christmas 1990. But they know he disappeared back then. I'm almost sure that's fact. Only the reason could be wrong of course. But he told Maddie about this Christmas Eve.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

He could have disappeared Christmas Eve but his family could have been killed on a different Christmas. Okay I'm grasping now.

So now I'm not so sure Elizabeth was his daughters name
Old 11-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a possibility, that's true But we know that his daughter was a bit older than Liz by then... So I guess it could have been the Christmas Eve 1990. It would fit with the age of everyone.

I'm not so sure either... I don't know how this could have worked out, especially with the fire flashback scenes we got and Masha being called Elizabeth.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Now I wonder why her last name was Scott. See I can come up with a million questions Liz could ask Red that would help her piece things together. She just wants things her way and for him to tell her what he doesn't want her to know. But if she would start with small questions. She could build trust and learn something

Why not ask him if he chose her name and why her last name is different from sam. He might not tell her everything but he might tell her something.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

That would be a fantastic question! When exactly was it mentioned that her maiden name was Elizabeth Scott though? I think it was at some point but I really don't recall when. Was it in the season 2 premiere when she got divorced?

Do you think there is some serious backstory?