Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season One General Discussion #2: It all began with Raymond Reddington surrendering to the FBI...

The Blacklist Season 1
GENERAL D I S C U S S I O N T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

â—Š S E A S O N 1 S Y N O P S I S â—Š

coming soon..

previous threads ღ

Last edited by Miranda; 12-09-2018 at 11:35 AM
Old 10-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread, Miranda

I never really thought we'd ever reach a second thread for the season 1 discussion but so awesome!

And I think I might start my season 1 synopsis with our current title
Old 10-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

I never thought we would reach a second thread either. It's amazing and I love to talk about S1.

That would be a really great way to start the synopsis. :_
Old 10-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I so love to talk about season 1 as well because honestly, that was such a fantastic season which raised sooo many questions.

And you know what I was wondering about the other day? If we might see Madeline Pratt again. I somehow missed her in season 3.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

I would love to see her again. Do you think she is in love with Red?
Old 10-19-2016, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't miss Madeline Pratt. Seeing her twice was enough for me. I don't think she is in love with Red. She might have been in the past but she isn't right now.

I agree Kris, S1 raised SO many questions and it was so amazing!
Old 10-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn for wanting to see her again as well.

I really think that at some point Madeline Pratt really cared about Red. Not sure if she loved him but she really cared and she did in an honest way. And somehow I have the feeling that Red did as well but that the story he told her was true about why he didn't show up in Florence... I think after everything that happened to his family, how would he be able to give something like that another chance when he is looking for answers of what has happened exactly.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

I think they both cared for each other but Red hurt her. I think he cared enough to tell her the truth about Florence, but to do it in such a way that she wouldn't be sure.

So I was thinking about S1. We know Red came into her life to get Tom out of it and try to stop the threat of Berlin.

Once that was solved, why did he stay? And you can't say because it's a tv show. Seriously, why did he stay? He's bound to have known she would start asking questions about her family.

Do you think as he got to know her, he formed such a bond that he didn't want to leave, or do you think he always wanted to know her? I also wonder if he was conflicted about staying because of the danger in his life.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Liz once asked Red why he entered her life and he told her one of the many reasons was Tom... But that there were other reasons, too. I think that's the main reason he stayed. And I still think we don't know everything about his reasons yet.

Not sure if he started to care more for her because honestly, I always had the feeling that he cared for her a big deal and that this never changed. And despite everything Liz has done to him, he's still there. Would he still be if he hadn't cared from the beginning? Why would he have been her guardian angel over the years if he hadn't cared? I don't know how to describe it but if you get into somebody's life that you don't care about and it's all going to be like it is between these two in season 4, how could you have stayed? Nobody would ever have endured that. Her faking her death would have been the point (the latest) where a person that didn't care from the beginning, would have stepped out. With all the other things that happened in between.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Marilyn! That is such a GOOD question and so simple that I never even thought it. Why did he stay? I think because he wanted to get to know Liz. He wanted to see what kind of person she had become. And they had formed a band. He always knew that she was going to ask questions some day but maybe he urge to protect and love her was bigger than his fear for her questions and her finding out the truth? What do you think Marilyn?
Old 10-21-2016, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

I'm thinking about Kaplan saying he was desperate to know her. I don't agree with the rest of it, but I think he has always wanted to know her and once he did he wasn't able to leave.

Miranda they formed a band. Rotflmao!!!!!!! But yeah they formed a bond. I agree. It was instantaneous and I don't think Red expected to feel it.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the thought that he entered her life because he wasn't able to stay away any longer. That shows us already how much he loved her even before he knew who she had become. But he only knew the child, he didn't know the woman that grew up.

And yes, maybe he was sure that he could just be there and get to know her without feeling that bond so strongly but he was sooo wrong. He wasn't ready for that.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:53 AM
New Fan

I thought he was there for the fulcrum?

But initially I thought he came back into her life because he wanted to know more about his family and what happened to them? He might have thought using the blacklisters would help him in finding this out, like he did with Berlin. I dont know.. why risk everything for the chance to see her?
Old 10-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marauders, there were various reason why he entered her life... There was Tom, his need to get to know her, the Fulcrum and the Cabal. And that's not all of it yet, I'm sure.

Did he really have so much too lose at this point? What was it he had to lose still? He had lost everything, hadn't he? His family, his friends, his life... Himself being a criminal is a facade, nothing more. There isn't anything he has to lose anymore. Besides of her maybe.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Funny I never thought he was there for the fulcrum. He knew he had wiped her memories of the fire so I don't think he wanted her to remember.