Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

2x21: "KARAKURT" Episode Discussion Thread (05/07/15 @ 9PM)

2x21 | Karakurt
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
Following Red's intel, the FBI find themselves one-step behind the most dangerous Russian assassin, Karakurt, an enemy on U.S. soil. To avoid catastrophe, Liz and Ressler meet with Russian Counter-Intelligence who offer insight not only on Karakurt, but also on the identity of Liz’s mother. Cooper finds himself in a compromising position.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:26 AM
Old 05-06-2015, 01:28 AM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT Kris!

Enjoy the new ep tomorrow!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Kris! Can't believe the season is almost over. I can not wait to see the episode! Sadly I have to wait until Friday night.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I as well am super excited for the episode! I hope for a lot of action but hopefully emotion packed scenes as well.

And I'll start work later again this week so I'll be able to watch it first thing in the morning
Old 05-07-2015, 01:38 AM
Moderator Manager

I kind of do not want to see these last few eps because that means S2 will be over soon.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, it's very double for me too Lindsay. I want to see them so badly but that also means that the season is almost over and we have to survive that long hiatus! Let's just enjoy it while we still can.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, just saw the new episode and wow, it was a really good one! And es, Lizzie really was the target all along. The Cabal knows who she is, that she is the daughter of the KGB agent Katharina Rostova and they want her to look like a Russian spy as well

Man, how intense was this episode, huh? I'll be back tonight to discuss it much further but yes, finally we got an episode that really focused on what's going on, on Lizzie and her past, the task force and the Blacklister finally being important again! That's my show! YES!
Old 05-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They are back on track again! I just saw the episode and damn it was intense! Like you said Kris finally a focus again on the blacklister and the task force!

Tom Connolly that damn &^*%. He is getting even worse. Threating Cooper that something would happen to Charlene? Like seriously? He is the leak. I knew it all along and now he is dragging Cooper with him. Can somebody please shoot the guy?! I am glad though that Red knows what Connolly is doing too Cooper. Red is a better alley for Cooper than Connelly is. I hope together they can bring him down!

Ressler and Liz! I loved them together. Finally they were partners again!

I knew from the promo that Liz was the target but I never thought they were gonna infect here with a virus and target her like this. How did they even give her the virus? Everbody seems to know about Liz and her mother expect for Liz. This is getting way more complicated than I thought. I can't even process it properly. What are they gonna do to Liz? I am scared for her right now.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

So great to have our show back again, right?! I loved it, really... Lately I was so frustrated with the show and now

Connolly... Wow, I agree with you, Miranda, he's just a horrible guy and he's threatening Cooper. I didn't see it coming that he would use Charlene's act of desperation to finally blackmail Cooper about it being a crime Anybody?
And he was fast to be at the post office to frame Liz!

Cooper, getting Red into the boat (I really was hoping for it because I'm sure Cooper pretty much trusts Red) was amazing! I'm so super happy!

Yes, I loved to see the whole task force working on a case again! That was awesome and what I missed for weeks now.

Quote:
I knew from the promo that Liz was the target but I never thought they were gonna infect here with a virus and target her like this. How did they even give her the virus?
She got the virus through the attacker at Union Station. And since it was modulated to the dna of that guy she didn't get sick. But yeah, that of course you know

Tom... I'm so not sad about the missed date. But I'm really happy that he at least told Liz that he was sorry. Really. That was one step in the right direction. And still I don't like how he tries to keep Lizzie away from Red. I swear, I would maybe even like him if he'd stop doing that. And that boat... Man, I swear that I can't hear it anymore. That's ridiculous.

Lizzie's mother... Hm, I really have no clue what to think about her. Her being a myth? Why does nobody really know if she really existed? Okay, Red does (I think)... But all the others. Strange.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 05-08-2015 at 12:19 PM
Old 05-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved the episode too guys! It was the exact kind of episode that made me fall in love with the show. The twists and turns, plot drama involving our fave characters and a cold and callous Blacklister!

Kris, I was SO happy to hear Tom apologize. I'm not sure if he was exactly apologizing for everything he did, but it was a step in the right direction. But you're right, I hate how he keeps saying that Red is no good for her. If it weren't for Red, she'd be dead months ago. I'm so interested in next week after seeing the promos for the finale episode....

Ressler was present and speaking so of course I was happy. And I was so happy that Liz actually told him the truth about the picture being her mother. I wish they wouldn't have gotten that phone call because I wanted to hear her answer Ressler's question of why a Russian informant would have info on her mother. I hope he fills her in and can help her next week along with Red.

I have more but my mind is muddled right now.

All in all, great job writers!!
So happy we're finally getting some answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Lizzie's mother... Hm, I really have no clue what to think about her. Her being a myth? Why does nobody really know if she really existed? Okay, Red does (I think)... But all the others. Strange.
Yes!! Her mom is like Kaiser Soze (if you guys have ever seen The Usual Suspects)
I CAN'T WAIT to find out the deal with her mother.
I hope we don't have to wait for season 3. At least give us a little taste of who she is and what happened with her.
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 05-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chelly, that's so great to hear! About you loving the episode that much as well. I think it really was Daniel Knauf who wrote it

You know, I'm really not getting why Tom is trying over and over again to get her away from Red. She came to care about him and I'm wondering if Tom is aware about it or if he thinks she's just going back to Red because he has answers. But man, he is no better than Red, he has no right to do that. I don't like that. I know that Tom was right that at the moment Red is the person that hurts Lizzie the most. But it's because he's the person that she cares about so much. You can't be hurt by a person who you give a crap about.

I'm wondering if Red knows about what's going on with Lizzie and Tom. I'm wondering if he would still try to get her to stay away from Tom which is as stupid as it is the other way around. Because yeah, they are much likely the same...

Quote:
Ressler was present and speaking so of course I was happy. And I was so happy that Liz actually told him the truth about the picture being her mother. I wish they wouldn't have gotten that phone call because I wanted to hear her answer Ressler's question of why a Russian informant would have info on her mother. I hope he fills her in and can help her next week along with Red.
THAT! I was really happy about it, too.

Chelly, if you think of more, just come back here. We'll be around

And I've never heard of that movie or tv show that you mentioned.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes Kris, It is amazing to have our show back!

I am so happt that the 3 of us loved the episode so much!

I am really glad Tom apologized. Genuinely apologized imo. I am not sorry that he got stood up by her though. I did also like the fact that when he called her he used his real name. I really think he wants Liz to get to know the real Jacob but I wonder how he going to do that cause he doesn't even know who he really is himself. All in all I wasn't frustrated with Tom and Liz this episode. I am glad she made it clear that they were not gonna get back together.

Quote:
Connolly... Wow, I agree with you, Miranda, he's just a horrible guy and he's threatening Cooper. I didn't see it coming that he would use Charlene's act of desperation to finally blackmail Cooper about it being a crime Anybody?
Actually I am not surprised. He is such a snake, he would use anything to put pressure on Cooper and he knows that when he uses Charlene he is going to get what he wants from Cooper.

Quote:
She got the virus through the attacker at Union Station. And since it was modulated to the dna of that guy she didn't get sick. But yeah, that of course you know
Of course! I somehow forgot about that already. Thank god she didn't touch anynody else but the senator. Can you imagine her touching Ressler or Red?!

Quote:
Everbody seems to know about her expect Liz. I really wonder about her too. If she really is the way she is being portrayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellyChelle (View Post)
I was so happy about this too! She told him! I would have loved to hear his questions too. I am sure he has a lot. and I really hope can help her find out stuff in the next episode.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Of course! I somehow forgot about that already. Thank god she didn't touch anynody else but the senator. Can you imagine her touching Ressler or Red?!
Miranda, the virus wouldn't have worked on anybody else besides the senator and his flesh and blood because it was specifically created to attack his dna.

Quote:
I am really glad Tom apologized. Genuinely apologized imo. I am not sorry that he got stood up by her though. I did also like the fact that when he called her he used his real name. I really think he wants Liz to get to know the real Jacob but I wonder how he going to do that cause he doesn't even know who he really is himself. All in all I wasn't frustrated with Tom and Liz this episode. I am glad she made it clear that they were not gonna get back together.
It's surprising how fast you'd rule that out... I think with this episode they got even closer to getting back together, the closest since she found out about him being a spy. And I don't like that.
I agree with you, that he has to find out who he is and maybe she has to find out who she really is before this could lead to anything. I wouldn't like that still because for me it would be impossible if I were Liz but yeah, I'm not so we'll see.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Miranda, the virus wouldn't have worked on anybody else besides the senator and his flesh and blood because it was specifically created to attack his dna.
Okay I might be stupid but she got infected with the virus through Karakurt right? and she touched the senator so she infected him. Does that mean she can only infect him and nobody else?

Quote:
It's surprising how fast you'd rule that out... I think with this episode they got even closer to getting back together, the closest since she found out about him being a spy. And I don't like that.
I agree with you, that he has to find out who he is and maybe she has to find out who she really is before this could lead to anything. I wouldn't like that still because for me it would be impossible if I were Liz but yeah, I'm not so we'll see.
I really had a feeling she ment it. That they weren't going to get back together. I think that she is only using him to get answers cause she thinks he has them. Which I don't think he does but that doesn't matter. This was the first time I wasn't screaming at my tv but we will see how it is going to end.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I really had a feeling she ment it. That they weren't going to get back together. I think that she is only using him to get answers cause she thinks he has them. Which I don't think he does but that doesn't matter. This was the first time I wasn't screaming at my tv but we will see how it is going to end.
But she did go there... Yeah, she might not have been feeling so comfortable about that rain evening appearance at his door but she went there. I think they're pretty far from being done. But we'll see

Quote:
Okay I might be stupid but she got infected with the virus through Karakurt right? and she touched the senator so she infected him. Does that mean she can only infect him and nobody else?
No, she wasn't infected by Karakurt. He was just a distraction and the means to an end. He was in that apartment that Red called the task force to. Cooper mislead them on Connolly's behalf so they had another person there that was infected with the virus as well and that person run her over and knocked her down and in so doing she got infected.