Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks so much. I had to push myself not to let my disability let me get me down and stay down.

Congrats Lindsay.

I'm an only child, I was adopted, so I have no idea if I have any siblings or nieces or nephews.

Donna
Old 02-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Half-day for me at work today. Gonna do a round and then go home and prepare for my dinner tonight with my high school friends.

Amy, oh so it's rare where you live but it still happens every year?

Miranda, let's just say my age is not on the calendar anymore. You're already an aunt when you were 12 years old? Aww, feel better soon.

Kris, no he's not born yet. We expect him tomorrow. I'm not coming in for work just to help out with my sister.

Jade, it's still getting cold there?

Donna, I didn't know you were adopted. I learn another new thing about you.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I was adopted when I was 3 months old. I only know that my birth mother was 15 years old and Catholic. I consider the couple who adopted me my parents. One day I would like to find out if I have any siblings and my medical history. I don't necessarily have to or want to meet my birth parents.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Donna
Old 02-24-2015, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay - Now I am even more curious what your age is. Have fun at your dinner! and so exited that your sister is due tomorrow!

Thanks Kris I am feeling a bit better at least I don't have a fever anymore.

Wow Donna. What a story. Have you ever been mad at your birth mother for giving you up or do you understand why she did it?

Last edited by Miranda; 02-24-2015 at 04:46 AM
Old 02-24-2015, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I totally understand why she gave me up. She wasn't ready to be a mother at her age, so I am grateful for her deciding to give me up.

Donna
Old 02-24-2015, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

How is everybody doing?

Old 02-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad that you are grateful for that Donna. Good that can accept it like that.

I am doing pretty good again. Not sick anymore just a little cold that still hasn't left me.
How are you doing Jade?
Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, Donna. You were successful!
You know what i'm wondering? If being adopted somehow makes you connect with Lizzie in TBL?

And Lindsay? What about now? Are you an aunt?

I sadly don't have siblings myself which means I'll never be an aunt.

Miranda, great to hear that you are feeling way better!

I'm okay, Jade. This week again has been crazy busy and it won't get better until Saturday. I definitely can't wait for my week off to arrive.

Jade, what about you?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks so much. I kind of do feel like I connect with Lizzie.

I am glad that I am able to come here and be open with everything that I have been through, maybe one day I will talk about my ex-husband and how our marriage really was- we will be divorced for 10 years on March 9th.

Donna
Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

Amy, oh so it's rare where you live but it still happens every year?
Where I live no - the last time it snowed here was 2004 so it's been 10 years. But I live in a huge state (Texas) so if you drive about 4 hours north of where I am (like the Dallas area) it snows pretty much every year for a couple days. Is your nephew here yet?

glad your cold is better Miranda

New ep tomorrow night you guys!!

Today ECI can out and evaluated my baby and he is behind in a couple areas of development because of his prematurity. So in the next month he is going to start doing weekly, 45 minute therapy sessions to help build up his muscles and coordination.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Donna, I figured you would That's something really cool, when you can identify with a character to one degree.

And the day, that you can talk about your marriage will come as well. It just needs time.

Oh, did I mention that TBL started airing the second season here on Tuesday? And we always get two episodes one night But those stupid voice overs and some translations It's just hilarious but also depressing... They even translated the names of the blacklisters which are normally not necessary to translate It's so stupid.

And I got my colleague into the show! She watched the whole season in one week and now she's super excited that the second season is airing now, too I should become promoter of the show.

Amy, I think it's not so uncommon that those babies, which are premature, are being behind in a couple of areas. I'm glad though there are ways to try to improve their development
Old 02-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I am grateful to my parents for wanting me. When I was in school, kids would tease me because of being adopted and my comeback was, I was chosen, your parents were stuck with you. That would keep them quiet.

I met my ex-husband in May,1991 at my house when a friend brought him and one of my ex-boyfriends over to get some food. My mom had just helped me into the tub (I had broken my foot in a fall). It started out good, I moved in with him and his mom because he was working the graveyard shift at his job and didn't want her to be alone. Over time, he became demanding and controlling. I ended up getting into a lot of physical fights with him, but I gave it back as good as I could. He was abusive in every sense of the word. His and his mom were, though she never touched me. When he would hit me, she would tell him in a soft voice, oh stop. She never helped me in the least. One day (I was under his control and brainwashed) he threatened to send me out of the house, so I overdosed on pills and was taken to the hospital, had my stomach pumped, and talked to the psychiatrist there and she told my mom, I was in an abusive marriage and needed to get out and stay out. I went to my parents house (where I live now) for 2 weeks and then I went back. He ended up going down to Mississippi to meet another woman (Yes he cheated on me a lot, I went with it, because I thought that he was my end all, be all) and he ended up getting fired because of conflicting calls to his boss. He threw me out, I got my brain back, and never went back. We were separated May, 2002. I was struck by the car in January, 2003.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Donna
Old 02-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Donna, it's somehow unbelievable that kids at school would call you out on being adopted. It's so sad and I'm beyond happy to hear what your answer to them was. You're amazing, you know that?

And I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage, Donna It must have been a horrible 11 years of your life and I don't get how people can be that way, how some people can abuse those they love. That goes against all logic. And not only that but also cheating on you. You didn't deserve that, nobody does, and I'm so glad he threw you out and you never went back. Not to imagine what could have happened to you if you had stayed.

I know that won't make what you had to go through any easier but I can understand how this marriage might have changed you. My mother was in a relationship with an alcoholic for 12 years. It started when I was 6 and ended when I was 18 and doing my A-levels. He was abusive to my mom as well, he almost killed her several times. I of course was to watch most of it or at least hear the screaming. It really was horrible for me and one night, when I was 15 or 16 (I don't exactly remember) I really thought he had killed my mother when he was screaming at her and afterwards there was such a loud bang in the other room. It turned out he threw a glass bottle on the floor and it exploded. Thank God nothing happened to her. It was in the middle of the night and we left the apartment to leave for my aunts house, came back the other day to an apartment where there was blood everywhere because my mom had thrown a glass on him and his whole chest was bloody. It was horrible. Not long afterwards I started cutting my arms, I really didn't want to live anymore. My mom still doesn't have a clue about the cutting...
When I was 18 it was the first time he threatened me and that was the point where my mom ended all of it, going to the police with me at the exact same day and we somehow blackmailed him to move out. Afterwards he continued to threaten us (most of the time at night time) and it all ended with us being in court because of everything that had happened. He didn't have to go to prison but he was sentenced.

Yeah, that's part of my life, a part I would love to forget about... But yeah, it made me the person I am now, right? And I'm proud of who I am now.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Donna and Kris.

I cut myself too for a while when I was in my teens. I was depressed, but I stopped and it's been over 10 years since I have done that to myself.

I have been through 2 seizures, not sure what brought them on, but I have been on medication and haven't have one in almost 5 years. Donna was with my both times and she got help for me right away.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Seems that we all are somehow a little bit damaged, aren't we? But we made it through that time and are who we are now.

Jade It's awesome that Donna always was there for you.

So, does anybody of you have any plans for the weekend? Mine will be a relaxing one. Tomorrow I'll rewatch the last five TBL episodes with my BFF and I sooo can't wait since she hasn't seen them yet. I'll go see my grandma at some time and do some laundry and cooking/baking. But that's it.