Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2021, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh damn, no... I'm sorry to hear that about your hibiscus. Here we have some types of hibiscus that survive these winters. I've got 6 of them in the garden. But one is a tropical one as well and I'm not sure if it survived. I guess it's possible since the snow prevented for it to freeze completely from the roots.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have one houseplant as well. A monstera. It is a really nice big plant and it is still alive after 5 months.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Good for you Miranda ! My sons girlfriend gave me a Christmas cactus and it’s alive too!

Kris my mother was telling me that some hibiscus can survive. I think I did not get one like that.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, that's a good thing I guess she's arrived in your home by now and will stay alive

See, Marilyn, you really should try to get one of these who survive winter. They look a bit different but they are soooo beautiful as well!
Old 04-17-2021, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope I can keep it alive for a long time.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

You will, Miranda

Marilyn, so here I am bringing the home office up again. I don't have a problem with working at home for 1-2 days a week but for me right now it's just exhausting. Imagine to work on Mo-We from 6.30 AM to 2 PM and then driving to the office from 6 PM to 9 PM, on Tue and Thu working at home fully from 6.30 AM to 4 PM or 6.30 PM... You see, that means almost no free time at all and it's super hard to even get your thoughts away from work. On Fri, lucky me, I have only to work from 6.30 AM to 12.30 PM. But it's exhausting. That's why right now I sooo hate working from home. I want to go back to the office just to not have to drive in two days a week in the evening.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

I get it kris. That makes a ton of sense. I didn’t realize you were doing that.

Right now I’m only in the office about 4’days a month. But if we wind up going in 3 days a week and getting two at home, I will be happy. I just don’t want us to lose it altogether

Sadly a bunch of old men are in”charge” and they are stuck in old times and don’t realize times are changing it’s like they don’t even want to realize that telework is an option. Or the internet really changes things. Lol
Old 04-18-2021, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can understand working from home isn't always easy. There is no line anymor between work and private life.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

How could you know, Marilyn? That's why I explained. And I have to go to the office two days a week at least because I'm the head of the department and I'm one of the few who are allowed to sign letters and finance stuff. And since we are living in middle age when it comes to digitalization at my work, there is no chance I could do it electronically.

Believe me, Marilyn... Teleworking was a big problem at my work place as well. Thanks to Covid it's possible now for everybody.

Yes, Miranda Exactly and I need that line.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Omg abiut the Middle Ages. That’s how it feels here too. I think we should see dinosaurs in my office.

Had my second vaccine on Tuesday. I was super exhausted for the next two days but that was the main side effect. My arm was really sore for that night
Old 04-19-2021, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

That would be something new but man, yes, definitely the dinosaurs!

Aww, pretty cool you got your second shot already! I still have to wait until the beginning of June I hate that. Otherwise I could go back to the office a lot earlier already.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great that you had you're second vaccine Marilyn and that you barely had any side effects!
Old 04-21-2021, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

So you guys, what are you up to lately?
Old 04-22-2021, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

I’m not up to anything amazing. Isn’t that sad?
Old 04-22-2021, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here...

And man, it's still so damn cold here I hate that... Every weekend it's the same and during the week we get really warm temperatures when you actually only sit at work