Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2020, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad that you didn't ask. Honestly I wouldn't have asked either because I guess that would have been it for me with that church member. Because I simply don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I very well know that Hilary wasn't perfect either but who is in this world and especially with these positions? Nobody at all, I've learned that really fast during my time in the public administration... But come on!

That Obama interview is fantastic! I've seen it, too
Old 10-25-2020, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Kris that’s exactly what I wanted to say. II work with elected officials too and some are really horrible (from both parties) and I never want to be someone who can’t acknowledge that. But yeah, you may not have liked Hillary for whatever reason but everything about her was more honorable than Trump.

In the past I have respected members of both parties but now with trump and really with the way republicans treated Obama that feeling is gone.

We should be talking about policies and how to fix the economy or health cAre or minimum wage. Instead all it seems like the republicans care about is what group of people they hate the most. That’s sad.

We need two parties working together in the hopes of getting the best solutions. But there’s no way like we are now.

I did read two articles that give me hope. One was about your republicans kids believing that climate change is real. The other is about evangelical women starting to think that maybe they’ve been duped about this abortion argument in this country. They are realizing that birth control and access to health care have brought the abortion rate down. And just maybe they are realizing that you pro choice does not mean we want all women to have abortions no matter what. I don’t think abortion is the right answer always but I also know I can’t choose for another woman or another family because I’m not walking in their shoes.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's really bad in your country. It's honestly really hard to even try to understand what's going on their party wise... It's the same here about politicians from all parties that there would be really horrible ones and good ones. And here it's still that they treat each other with respect although they might not have the same opinion but it's not like it is in your country. The only party here that I'd classify that way is the AFD (not sure if you've ever heard about it) but this one really is horrible. Although I have to say it wasn't supposed to be what it has become in the beginning. The people that started it, had other intentions and now it's become some kind of Nazi party here in Germany that is super racist. And super stupid (sorry not sorry). I'd really compare it to Trump stupid although it might not be that bad yet but close.

You know what's funny? I always see it so easy to fix all these problems. We have some good things politic/economy/social wise in every single country around the world... Pick the right things, combine them and there you go. I simply am not born to be in politics I guess

You know what always amazes me in the US? That there are only these two parties we are talking about. There are others, super small ones if I'm right, but what about them... Isn't any of any alternative?

Aww, that's really some great articles you've found. I really hope that more and more of these people grow up and realize that there's another way. You just have to find the compromise.

Besides, today I stood up and really saw my Twitter explode with an official pre-election party where they are sure that it wasn't Melania there but a double. It was even retweeted and commented by celebs and other politicians and journalist... Seriously? That was the moment that I knew exactly how Trump could have won the last election... THAT's what you need to tweet and talk and discuss about a few days before an election? That's soooo low and honestly, who cares? NOBODY because we are talking about politics here and no matter if he attends with 20 women at the same time... It's about POLITICS. Damn. I'm super happy that I hardly know what the husband of Angela Merkel looks like because nobody cares here. It's about politics, not about her private life. It annoyed the hell out of me this morning... Just in case you couldn't tell by now
Old 10-26-2020, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

Women would rock politics. I think the same as far as combining the good ideas and forgetting the rest.

I beleive I saw that about Melania but didn’t read it becuase I figured it wasn’t true and I try to stay away from stuff like that. But I totally get what you mean. Twitter and the others have been bad for our country because of the misinformation and people just believing it as fact. Crazy to me.

I think what really messes us up was the Fox News channel. It’s one of the all day news stations but it’s really just republicans opinions. Sadly they label it as news and people watch it and accept opinion as fact. I think that started the problems in the country. People only get one opinion and everyone else is vilified. Now we have two more news stations that are really just opinion. One mainly for democrats and one kind of in the middle but leans democratic.

I majored in the news area in school. And know that opinions should be strictly labeled and the news should be a simple statement of the facts. That’s something that irks me.

I think these racist groups are popping up all over. It’s scary. I hope they never get a stronghold in Germany.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, that's super cute that you think so. When you say that about women and politics, I have to think of NZ right away She is 40!!!! I still can't believe it.

Yeah, how can you use stuff like that about Melania (and I believe it's total crap, too) to make a statement about politics Who is supposed to take such a person serious?

I know about the news channel problems in your country. Honestly, I can't really tell here for Germany because I almost never watch news. I just read about all of it... I have a news app on my phone from a German channel and I have to say I look at what they bring up with a good portion or criticism as well. But all in all it's kind of stating the fact most of the time. Not sure though what's going on in the background and how topics are picked and stuff like that.

This racist party (and it's really a legal party here) has a stronghold here already. Especially in the part of Germany, the Eastern part of Germany, that I live in. Sadly. It's embarrassing and sad but when Germany was reunited, they kind of killed the Eastern part of Germany, especially the economy. That's super sad and I get why they are frustrated. But it's not the right way to be racist at the same time because therefore they don't have any reason.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys.. how are you doing?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-27-2020, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

I am fine. And you?

I don’t know tons about Germany either. But it’s scary the way these groups are gaining control. I blame Trump for a lot of it at least in our country. It’s like he’s made it okay in a lot of people’s minds.

Did you hear there was a plot to kill our Michigan governor by white supremacy group. And the reason was because she enforced the quarantine and wants people to wear masks. We really have some crazy folks here. I just don’t get it. Trump has totally turned people crazy. That you would take a chance with your health over wearing a mask. And now he’s holding rallies with no masks and No social distancing. Wow.

I know the NZ leader. She’s awesome. And she totally did everything right in her country to deal with Covid. I wish she would move here and run.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm doing good, too What about you, Holly?

In our country I really don't know who to blame There isn't a person like Trump here (thank God) but somehow a lot go crazy nevertheless.

Yes, I heard about the plot to kill the Michigan governor. I was shocked when I read about it and I still can't believe it. I even recall that Trump somehow sparked that plot with what he said on one of his rallies, right? I don't recall exactly what he said but it was something that would endanger her even more.

I love what I've read about her, too Not sure though if people here would be ready for such a leader I doubt it.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

I’m so stressed about our election. I want to think having someone so bad would push people to vote him out. But he’s trying to cheat and now he has control of the court. It feels like time has literally stopped. But sadly the Republican Party trafficked in hidden racism for years. Trump just allowed it to explode.

But I hope that we elect someone else and I hope we can go the way of NZ. I think Biden is appealing now because he is simply a nice compassionate man. And I think the country needs that. But I would like to see younger people take an interest like we talked about earlier.

But I think older people are scared of the young in a way. That their ideas would be so different that they could never be better if that makes sense. But different doesn’t have to be bad. I don’t think you go in and get rid of everything but systems and ideas can always be improved.

Yes he caused what happened in Michigan because at his rallies he was saying to liberate Michigan from the quarantine he himself ordered in the beginning of the quarantine.

Yea kris sadly there is sometimes no one to blame. People just have to be vigilant and try to keep those people from taking over.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

My back is torturing me a little, otherwise I'm fine..

I'll be away over the long weekend.. any idea if Mirana is coming back soon? SHould I ask for another MST until Tuesday?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-30-2020, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

What's wrong with your back, Holly?

Holly, I think we'll do ok until Tuesday, so no worries. It would just be nice if you'd stick around afterwards for a while still.

Don't be stressed out. Soon it will be over, Marilyn. And we'll know what the result is... I'm really curious and I'm not sure I shall look forward to November 4th which will be the morning we here in Germany will know.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hope your back feels better!
Old 11-01-2020, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just updated Amy when I am going to be back to a bit more regular posting. I thought in maybe 1 or 2 weeks but if you are only here until Tuesday Holly, then I will be posting more often as off Tuesday. Thank you for stepping in all this time and helping out Kris with the board. I really appreciate.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

It’s good to see you.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Here in Canada! Our elections are different then the US. We do not vote for the candidates themselves; but for the party. The party that wins the most seats wins the election and whoever's party leader becomes Prime Minister. Our constituencies are called ridings and only the people living in the riding of the person heading that particular party (PM candidate) votes for the person themselves. Everyone else votes for the riding party representative for their area. In terms of government; that's the key factor. Each government that's voted into power can form either a majority or minority government. A majority is if the government wins over 300 or more seats in the election or 295 (I can't remember exactly). If so; they can make decisions easily for the nation. If the government wins less seats then the majority of them; they form a minority government. If this is the case; the opposition can pass a confidence motion defeating the government and we have another election. I wonder if the US would benefit from this kind of electoral system?