Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Marylin no, I got driving license for the last 9 years, but I was driving on the right side, now I am driving on the left side and the roundabouts are different than in Poland and it’s to many of them. In England the town with 30 000 people has around 20 roundabouts, the same town in Poland has 4 😂😂😂. To be fair I can switch when I am in Poland I can drive on the right , when i am in England I can drive on left
Old 12-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

I understand! And now I know what a roundabout is.

Here we have something called a three point turn which is kind of like an illegal uturn. I thought that’s what you meant.

I bet it’s hard getting used to which side of road to drive on. I know I would be confused!
Old 12-06-2019, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry5 (View Post)
I haven't done much of my Christmas shopping so I certainly won't judge you.
I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Miranda, that's fantastic news about you not having to work besides of one day during the Christmas time. I'm kind of uncomfortable to let you know that I might have 2.5 weeks off around Christmas this year It's just four more days of work (Mo-Thur) and three days of school left for me normally.

You put your Christmas tree up already, Marilyn? Wow, that's really early. I think ours wouldn't survive in the house because of the heating... We'll set it up next week I think.

Aga, man... I really hope they will find out what you're suffering from. Fingers crossed!
And glad to hear that you are doing better and better with the driving.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

It’s a artificial tree!

So I also bummed out. So you guys know I work in county government. I think I’ve told you before it’s pretty much male dominated at least at the top. And the men tend to treat women like they are stupid.

So anyway about three years ago, we got a newCFO. And myself and my immediate boss and coworker are direct reports to him.

He has really done so much to respect others and make you feel like your work is valuable and appreciated.

He turned his resignation in yesterday. He got a wonderful new job inWashington.

It’s kind of devastating news. To be changing bosses. And we have a history of getting really horrible ones. I just feel like things will go back to the way they always were.

It’s crazy really but most of the men here they just really act like we are too stupid to do anything

We work in budgeting. We have knowledge and good ideas but rarely got the chance to be heard, if that makes sense.

Anyway sorry for the long venting. Just had to get my feelings out.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I would have been surprised if it was a real one

You know, I'm really horrified to hear how men treat you there and that they don't respect you. Glad your boss did for the last three years but that it's so bad in general. That's the difference here somehow. Most of the people who work in the administrations, in the public ones, are women and a lot of them are in leading positions. So am I, friends of mine and so on... It's a lot different here.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

That’s great. Hopefully it’s a sign the world is changing for the better.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

And still, why are they like this at yours? It's depressing and it makes me sad because it's just unfair.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to hear your boss is leaving Marilyn.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
And still, why are they like this at yours? It's depressing and it makes me sad because it's just unfair.
This country went from Obama to Trump. I think it had a lot to do with a woman running for office... my opinion only because I don’t want to upset anyone.

But you know I live in the Deep South and in a lot of ways the attitudes are archaic. Not everyone, don’t get me wrong. I really don’t know why. Sadly sometimes it seems to be that women agree. And the ones that do make it to some type of power tend to be incredibly extreme like they have something to prove. Like you somehow have to be better in order to be equal.

Anyway, I’m fixing to have some time off work so hopefully that will help me get a better attitude
Old 12-13-2019, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's really sad if that would be the reason, Marilyn. But I can imagine that's exactly it...

So there is a big difference regarding to where you live in the US? That's kind of strange, too, right? Maybe it's somehow historical?

You'll see, the time off will help you, Marilyn
Old 12-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you will manage to get some time off and I really hope it will you feel better Marilyn.

So how was the Christmas party you had a couple days ago Kris?
Old 12-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Christmas party was super nice. On Wednesday we went to the Christmas market for it and it was fun and we met with a former colleague there that we all really love.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

aw that is so awesome! Glad you had fun.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

We had a good visit with my mom. I was able to get her house cleaned and really take my time. I was going to mop her floor and I got the water ready. I turned around and here she comes with her mop to help. I had to convince her I would be fine. She’s 88 now. I thought it sweet that she wanted to. Help.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, Marilyn, that's really good news. Do you somehow celebrate Christmas with your mom as well? Will you go visit her or is she coming to join you guys?

It's already been one week off for me and time flew by so fast... There was a lot to still arrange for Christmas (especially getting the last presents that where missing), I had another doctor's appointment, two of my former colleagues are retiring and I went to their good bye parties and so on... Today it ended with cleaning the house... And now I can finally start to enjoy the holidays... Thank Goodness!