Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mrs. Reddington [Naomi Hyland | Mary-Louise Parker] #2: "Carla Reddington was a miserable housewife. That woman no longer exists."

mrs. Reddington
Naomi Hyland | Mary-Louise Parker
s e c o n d • a p p r e c i a t i o n • t h r e a d

X

Naomi Hyland aka Carla Reddington was married to Red before he became a criminal. Naomi and Red have a daughter, Jennifer, whose whereabouts are unknown. After he fled, following gruesome interrogation by the authorities, she and her daughter were forced to move to Philadelphia after being forced to give up everything and fend for themselves. Many years later, she married Frank Hyland. She came back in Red's life after she was kidnapped by Berlin as part of his vendetta against Reddington. Red made a deal with Berlin and Berlin sets her free. Red arranges new passports and identities for Naomi and Frank so they can start a new life together. We never hear anything from Naomi but in season 5, after almost 30 years, Red meets his daughter Jennifer, who tells him that Naomi got killed.

x

the fans
01. Nekoshoujo | 02. Stacie18 | 03. L i N d $ @ y | 04. Amyღ
05. Miranda | 06. ~MelBelle~ | 07. Lauren Helen Graham

banner by Miranda

the reasons
Because she is the key to Red's past.
Because she has a daughter with Red.
Because she knows more about Liz's past.
Because she is a brave woman.
Because at one point in her life, she had a loving family.
Because she endured all the pain and still kept the end of her bargain.

banner by Miranda

future titles
"You need to tell her."
"I'm never going to tell you where my daughter is."
"I gave up one life. Do you think I'm gonna start over, do it all again? You are crazier than I'd imagined!"
"You think I'm gonna run? Just walk away and start over AGAIN?"
"I kept my end of the bargain. Didn't say anything about you or Elizabeth."
"I'll tell you where I'm gonna go. Home with my husband."

past titles
"Carla Reddington was a miserable housewife. That woman no longer exists."

previous threads
01 |

Last edited by Miranda; 08-14-2018 at 10:33 AM
Old 06-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, thanks so much for the new thread

So cool that we have a second thread for a character that only was in four episodes and one of the four it was just one scene at the end and her hitting Red.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome Kris. I did have to shorten the title because it didn't fit. So I took out the "married to a miserable man" part.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's just fine I love it the way it is and it doesn't sound so horrible anymore

I'm still wondering if Red really was that miserable.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

tftnt Miranda

How awesome that she made it to her second thread
Old 06-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

I think Naomi was more miserable than Red.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think she was too. She also seems really bitter about what happened between them.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
I think she was too. She also seems really bitter about what happened between them.
Although I got the impression that she didn't really know what really was going on with him... It seemed as if she didn't understand him anymore while I got the impression Red really did and only wanted the best for her.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Although I got the impression that she didn't really know what really was going on with him... It seemed as if she didn't understand him anymore while I got the impression Red really did and only wanted the best for her.
Maybe it was because they haven't seen eachother in so many years and they both changed a whole lot.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think that Naomi was bitter because she had her life ripped out from under her because of Red's choices. She had to leave her family behind and assume a new identity and new life.

Plus maybe she doesn't really understand why Red left and she feels abandoned by him and like she can't trust him.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

But still, I hate that she never even asked what happened to him... Or why he disappeared because as far as we know he thought his family was dead. Or maybe it really was only a pretty good story that he came up with for Madeline Pratt.

But I doubt that... The way he tried to keep his daughter alive by seeing that ballet each year or by getting the old tape of her. I can't see him leaving them without being forced to do so.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For some reason I think Red was forced to leave them behind. Like you said Kris, I can't imagine he would just leave them.

I wish we could have had a conversation between Red and Naomi where she asked him why everything that happened happened..
Old 06-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Maybe she did ask him why in the past at some point and he refused to tell her. Just like he never wants to tell Liz why he does certain things that piss her off.

Maybe he's letting Naomi assume the worst about him to protect her. The way he let Liz assume the worst of him to Liz safe?
Old 06-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
Maybe he's letting Naomi assume the worst about him to protect her. The way he let Liz assume the worst of him to Liz safe?
That could be possible. Maybe he doesn't want het to get attached to him again cause that would be dangerous for her.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know, but I somehow can see him not really treasure what he had back then and maybe that's the reason why Naomi is accusing him. He was still pretty young and all that has happened for sure changed him. He might think into the worse only but I as well think that he learned to treasure some things in life so much more... Like love and protect those you love, like the knowledge he gained, the life experience and so on. He would do everything for the people he loves, he'd protect them with his life. He got aware of that after what happened to him in 1990 and I think when it comes to that, it made him a better person.