Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2015, 09:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Oh, btw, I loved the latest pic that was posted of Ryan and Megan!

You know what I am wondering about? How much does Tom know? Like I said, I doubt that he'll ever be able to give her the information she wants to know, she needs to know, she hopes to find out about...

I'm really wondering if she is playing Tom this time. I really am... I can see her doing it but I can as well see her not doing it. I'm conflicted here, really. And if she isn't playing him she isn't just there because she is desperate...
I don't think she's playing him, I think she's there because she wants answers and because she is starting to realize that she can trust Tom. She's learned that Tom was genuinely in love with her from the beginning of their romantic relationship. He had always been on her side. Given his willingness to try honesty and the support that he provides her in 2x19, she is willing to use him as an ally and a confidant.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Moderator Manager

I think Tom sincerely wants to start over his life. He's been trying to prove that to Liz ever since he came back. I can't read Liz though. Sometimes I feel like she wants to shut Tom out of her life. Sometimes I feel like she wants to give him a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
You are right Lindsay. That picture is from last years Upfronts. !
I would know since it's a Ryan/Megan pic.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Liz is desperate to find out answers and she is not getting them from Red. Does she really think that she can get answers from Tom? Like Red told him important things about himself or Liz. I don't think Tom knows a lot. I do wonder if he knows who Liz's father is seeing that he told her in the S1 finale that her father was still alive. I do believe that he truely wants to help Liz find answers but I don't think he is the right person for it. He first needs to find out who he is himself imo.

Liz is very conflicted about her and Tom I think. Like you said Lindsay, she wants shut him out but the other moment she wants to give him another change. She doesn't know what to do with him.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Moderator Manager

And Tom wants to be a part of her life too. Not like what they used to be back in S1 but at least someone that Liz can trust and can go to anytime. He's made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want to hurt her or lie to her anymore. And I think S3 will be all about Tom keeping that promise and completing his redemption arc.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I somehow still am not sure if Tom can trust Liz completely at this time... I just have a strange feeling about how she has acted in their last scene of the last episode. Of course, it really could come down to be because of the acting only. If so, it really wouldn't have been a good acting by Megan. I got such a strange feeling watching that scene. Was it just me?

I have to admit, at this point I don't doubt Tom anymore... I think he really has made it perfectly clear that he wants to get to good terms with her. But the other way around...
Old 04-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with Kris. I don't know if Liz could fully trust him. I know that Tom doesn't want to hurt her anymore and he wants to stop lying. But does he know how to? They can never get back to way they were.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think at this point Liz is trying to use Tom for what he can give her - information.

I am not sure she even knows how she really feels or thinks about Tom. I think Liz's feelings will evolve over time with Tom.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:26 PM
Moderator Manager

I am not sure about Liz trusting Tom too but Tom on the other hand, different story. He's making it to be that Liz can trust him and he's proven it and so far he is cooperating and I think he's hoping that he can gain her trust. I can't read Liz though. Like I said sometimes I think she wants to give Tom a chance, sometimes I think she doesn't.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

You somehow only see Liz as the innocent there but I really think right now she is the one that can't be trusted.

I somehow get the feeling that Tom is fully trusting her right now but she is playing/using him and all the 'feelings' and 'emotions' she's playing him as well...
Old 04-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Liz is hard to read at the moment. She keeps changing her mind. She doesn't even know what she wants herself I think.

You might be right about that Kris. Like you say Liz isn't innocent either. She did a lot of bad things too but do you think Tom doesn't know wether he is played or not?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think that Tom just wants to be around Liz right now and he doesn't care if he's being played or not. He just wants to be in her life and to help her.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:37 AM
Moderator Manager

I agree on that one, Amy. So we'll see. Right now I don't want them together because I feel like they're not yet in the right place emotionally.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

x
Old 04-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

aww thanks for that gif set Miranda

It was such a sweet moment between them and Tom told her exactly what she needed to hear in that moment so she could be strong.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome Amy.

I really wonder if Tom can help Liz. What was weird to me was when Liz told him about the woman in the picture being her mother, he asked if Red was here father. He told her in the s1 finale that her father was still alive. You think he thinks that Red is Liz's father?