Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2015, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM249481 (View Post)
Remember, Red values Liz's physical safety above all else and Liz was physically safer with Tom than she would have been without him. Red had been hunting Berlin for years at this point with no success, and Tom was offering to provide the means to end this very serious threat to Liz's safety. If the agreement had merely been Tom would stay until Berlin was taken care of, I can see him making that call. I don't think it was easy or pleasant for him, just as killing Sam wasn't.
I never really thought about this way but I can understand that to be a reason for Red to let Tom be in Liz her life. She probably was a lot safer with Tom then without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I doubt that Tom and Red were in contact directly, I even doubt that Red knew who was hired to do his job. Because how else could the Major have betrayed Red in the first place? I think after a while Berlin came and payed double for the job that he wanted Tom to do, to insert himself into her life, marry her... Red might have thought that Tom really was just a normal guy that Lizzie fell for and that made her happy until Tom got those passports. That's been the time that Red knew something was wrong and I guess that's been the time that he realized that the Major had betrayed him. But at that time they were married already.

But yes, it's all just pure speculation. No clue how it would make sense otherwise though
You really think Red didn't know who The Major hired to do the job? I don't know imo Red always wants to know everythinh and this is a very big thing for him to not known anything about.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:23 PM
Moderator Manager

These two.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw those tweets are so amazing! I bet Ryan and Megan are such good friends. I love how they interact on social media!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ya know, I initially didn't want Tom to have feelings, but I'm starting to come on board with this. I think I still would like to see more of where the show is going with these two, but, man, it is so twisted.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

awww those tweets are so cute!!

And I am loving their super complicated relationship right now. I definitely think that they both love each other.

You could see Tom not wanting to give into his feelings for Liz and return to America to save her. And no matter how hard he tried he couldn't stop himself because he loves her.

And I think that Liz was also surprised that Tom came back to save her. You can tell that even though she doesn't want to have feelings for Tom she still does.

It's just interesting watching them both trying to fight their love for each other
Old 03-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw those tweets earlier this week and they are too cute. I agree with you, I bet they are getting along really well on set. That's really great to know.

But yes, I as well think they still love each other. At least we know that Tom loves Lizzie, otherwise he wouldn't have come back. Or called at the end to ask her if she was okay.

I don't know about Lizzie... She doesn't even know herself I guess.

And I agree that it'll be really interesting to watch. I can't see them ever getting back into a relationship again because of everything that has happened but I at least can see them getting along.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tonight I saw it for the first time that Tom really does love Liz. I had so many doubts before and I really thought he didn't care for her at all but he does. Otherwise he wouldn't have come back for her. That phone call in the end also proved that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pop G&Jo (View Post)
Ya know, I initially didn't want Tom to have feelings, but I'm starting to come on board with this. I think I still would like to see more of where the show is going with these two, but, man, it is so twisted.
I am coming to terms with that as well. That Tom was feelings for Liz but I don't want to them to be back together but that's just because I am rooting for Liz and Ressler be together.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

I think these two are intriguing and that he does have feelings for her. And I love that. It is too obvious for him to live that lie and it just be that.

I like the complication that feelings for each other has made it for these two to really just write each other off. I think that they are great for each other.

I laugh at how many people are against Tom and Lizzie just because he was hired to pretend to love her. I can't say that is the worst thing ever. It's not like he hurt her or whatever else some abusive people could do. He just wasn't 'Tom' that she knew.

But I could tell from the start that he loved her. When Jolene was even around, he didn't refer to her as his target. He referred to her as his wife. How telling is that?
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 03-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Tonight I saw it for the first time that Tom really does love Liz. I had so many doubts before and I really thought he didn't care for her at all but he does. Otherwise he wouldn't have come back for her. That phone call in the end also proved that.
Yes, same here The talk with the judge and that phone call... This story isn't over just yet.

I don't want them to get back together as well because of all that has happened. I'm not even sure how Liz is feeling about him. She doesn't know that person at all. She only knows Tom Keen, the impostor. She doesn't know Jacob Phelps... Not sure if Tom really knows who he is or who he was anymore. It's no base for a relationship at all.

Jayta, I love that you love them so much and that you think they should end up together and that they are perfect for each other. I guess we'll see where all of this is headed. I for myself am really curious tbh and I can't wait to see what's happening next and especially where Liz stands. Because that we don't really know about.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

I don't know if they will end up together. I just love every scene Ryan and Megan play off each other. They have a great rhythm. I can't wait for every scene with them.

Realistically I don't appreciate anyone lying to me for years. However, I would be more pissed off at the person who hired them rather than the person who is doing their job - especially if there are feelings between the two for real.

It's an interesting twist to the show. I mean it would be easy for her to be just some mark. And I like the dimension it gives Tom as a character. However, I don't think I would ever be able to see him as anything but Tom. Not Jacob. The name doesn't fit very well.

I don't think they are perfect for each other. By far, the opposite. However, I think that now the truth is out and there are feelings out there that this could possibly be an awesome subplot to play off of and watch.

I personally DO NOT want Lizzie and Ressler to get together. Now THAT would be too cliche and done a bajillion times. I love that they can be amazing partners together and have that rapport without it having to turn sexual. It allows the concept that men and women can work together as partners without it always leading to sex.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I don't want them to get back together as well because of all that has happened. I'm not even sure how Liz is feeling about him. She doesn't know that person at all. She only knows Tom Keen, the impostor. She doesn't know Jacob Phelps... Not sure if Tom really knows who he is or who he was anymore. It's no base for a relationship at all.
Neither do I but I am curious to see where this is going to go. I don't think Tom knows who he truely is. He falls for one cover op into another. I think the last time he was Jacob Phelps he was just a kid when the Major recruited him. I wonder if Tom will ever tell Liz his real name.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

So why join this thread if you don't want them together? Usualy that's what shipper threads are
Old 03-22-2015, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Realistically I don't appreciate anyone lying to me for years. However, I would be more pissed off at the person who hired them rather than the person who is doing their job - especially if there are feelings between the two for real.
This would be Berlin for now because we don't know yet what Red hired him for. Maybe he really just hired him to watch her from afar. We don't know and so we can't judge...

Quote:
I personally DO NOT want Lizzie and Ressler to get together. Now THAT would be too cliche and done a bajillion times. I love that they can be amazing partners together and have that rapport without it having to turn sexual. It allows the concept that men and women can work together as partners without it always leading to sex.
Me neither... So I'm with you completely on that. (Oh, and just to clarify I'm not a Red/Liz romantic relationship shipper either ) I think right now there's nobody on the show that would be the person for her.

Shipper threads don't even have to be evolved around romantic feelings but relationships, no matter their nature. So yeah, I don't want to see them getting back together but I like their dynamic and am just interested in where this will be going
Old 03-22-2015, 09:53 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I wonder if Tom will ever tell Liz his real name.
He already did, it was in a flashback in 2x15.

Quote:
I don't know if they will end up together. I just love every scene Ryan and Megan play off each other. They have a great rhythm. I can't wait for every scene with them.
I agree, the chemistry is awesome.

Quote:
I don't think they are perfect for each other. By far, the opposite. However, I think that now the truth is out and there are feelings out there that this could possibly be an awesome subplot to play off of and watch.
I would disagree here, and say that these two are in fact perfect for each other in their own damaged way. Tom and Liz share similarities in backgrounds, criminal tendencies, and willingness to sacrifice for one another. A quote that always reminds me of them is "We're all searching for that person whose demons play well with ours." Think of everything they've already been through together. To come out on the other side of all that still caring for one another, that's pretty amazing. They are both on a path of self discovery, and I think they have the capacity to protect, understand, and accept each other as they find their way towards who they are ultimately going to become.

Quote:
I don't really want Ressler and Liz together romantically either, not so much because its been done before, because I've supported countless partners to lovers pairings, but because I just don't feel the chemistry. I love Ressler as her big brother, but not as her boyfriend.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
He already did, it was in a flashback in 2x15.
That's right! From the time she held him on the boat, right? How could I forget about it... And it was a flashback we didn't get in 2x08.

Quote:
I don't really want Ressler and Liz together romantically either, not so much because its been done before, because I've supported countless partners to lovers pairings, but because I just don't feel the chemistry. I love Ressler as her big brother, but not as her boyfriend.
I don't feel the chemistry either... It's really strange but for me Tom and Liz have more chemistry than Ressler and Liz.