Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2014, 05:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM249481 (View Post)
I definitely agree that Tom is not going to stay away, in fact I strongly suspect he'll be back by the end of the Superbowl episode, because they are going to throw everything and the kitchen sink into that episode to make the most of all those additional eye balls. Tom is a huge draw and they are not going to leave him out of sight. As to how he'll come back, I see two possibilities:

1) He'll have defied Red and appear in time to save Liz's life.

OR

2) Red will be placed into a position where he will have no choice but to call Tom to save Liz.
These are really great theories, I can see either of these two happening.

Quote:
I predict that Tom will prove himself by the end of 2x10, doing something that will convince either Red or Liz to keep Tom around as an asset of some kind. My personal hope would be that he takes over for Ezra as Liz's bodyguard. I also think that's Red's "stay away" edict will be revoked either at Liz's insistence or because Red will grudgingly realize Liz is safer with Tom in her life.
I can also see that the Red order is revoked if Liz tells Red to do so. It has to come from her so Red will be able to enforce it as we all know how much Red is very protective of her.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I could see Tom putting his life on the line to protect Red. And I think that would cause Red to back off because he wants Liz to be safe and having another person watching over her if a good thing to him. Plus I feel like it's a way for Tom to get in everyone's good graces without being on their side fully.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Any wishes on how you all wanted this to play out so that Tom can get back together with Liz, considering too his alliance with Red?

Old 11-26-2014, 12:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think he has to get in Red's good graces because Red will quite literally kill him. He needs to be okay with Red so that Red will even allow him to be near Liz.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't think Red would want to kill Tom anytime because of Liz who just recently opened up to what she feels about Tom. He's not fond of him obviously but just like Red let Naomi's husband lived, he would let Tom live because of what he means to Liz. The only scenario I can see Red killing Tom is if he means harm to Liz' life.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:32 PM
New Fan

Re: Red's killing Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I don't think Red would want to kill Tom anytime because of Liz who just recently opened up to what she feels about Tom. He's not fond of him obviously but just like Red let Naomi's husband lived, he would let Tom live because of what he means to Liz. The only scenario I can see Red killing Tom is if he means harm to Liz' life.
I agree, Red can threaten Tom all he wants, but unless he can justify his action by saying Tom was a threat to Liz's life, he won't kill him. If Liz loved Tom less, it would be different.

Red first tested Liz's love of Tom in the Pilot using Zamani. Zamani, acting on Red's orderes, tells Liz she has to make a choice between saving many innocent lives and saving Tom's. If Liz had chosen to chase Zamani Tom would have bleed out and that would have been the end of it. Liz's love for Tom proved greater than her desire to save lives, so Tom got to live another day. I think Red was hoping that Tom's true identity and his betrayals would completely sever that bond, but obviously Red now knows that is not the case. Red knows he needs to be careful, especially after Liz's finding out about Sam. He's not going to jeopardize his own relationship with Liz unless he feels it is absolutely necessary.

I imagine whatever agreement Tom and Red meet will come with terms about what Tom may and may not tell Liz about her past. I think Tom has some information that Red does not want Liz to know, which was why he tried to kill him in 1x22. Red now knows Tom had 4 months worth of opportunity to spill the beans, and he didn't, so I think Red might now be more willing to consider an alliance, should Tom prove himself valuable.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

I just saw 1x07 and aaaawwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much Tom/Liz

LOVED THOSE SCENES TO DEATH!

I think he really genuinely liked her idea, and just watching her do the remodeling

This one was my fav though

Just you, me, and Ike.
Neverending Canvas

Quote:
I definitely agree that Tom is not going to stay away, in fact I strongly suspect he'll be back by the end of the Superbowl episode, because they are going to throw everything and the kitchen sink into that episode to make the most of all those additional eye balls. Tom is a huge draw and they are not going to leave him out of sight. As to how he'll come back, I see two possibilities:

1) He'll have defied Red and appear in time to save Liz's life.

OR

2) Red will be placed into a position where he will have no choice but to call Tom to save Liz.

I predict that Tom will prove himself by the end of 2x10, doing something that will convince either Red or Liz to keep Tom around as an asset of some kind. My personal hope would be that he takes over for Ezra as Liz's bodyguard. I also think that's Red's "stay away" edict will be revoked either at Liz's insistence or because Red will grudgingly realize Liz is safer with Tom in her life.

On Ryan's and Meghan's basketball game photo, I couldn't be more pleased. Whether their relationship is real or simply a publicity stunt the result is ultimately the same: public perception of the two of them as a pair. The twitter messages between them are the same, with Ryan asking Megan to marry him and if they still have a shot as a couple after she chained him up in a boat. That is pairing promotion and it means only good things for Liz/Tom shippers.
I really love those!! I really hope Tom will save Liz in front of Red (but without him knowing Red is there) so Red could actually realize Tom actually cares about Liz and that she never was "just" some kind of mission to him...

OR I would like to see Liz seeing himself put his life on the line to save Red or even Ressler that way she could realize how much he really cares about her cause we all know he would do it essentially for her

I don't think Red wanted to kill Tom because of his informations and what he might have said to Liz though, I think that by the end of S1 he really thought Tom was a threat to her.
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
Moderator Manager

I'm glad that you're finally re-watching the rest of the eps, Eliza! Those are wonderful scenes you've posted. I especially like the second gifset because it was just a wonderful & sweet moment between husband & wife.

Quote:
Red first tested Liz's love of Tom in the Pilot using Zamani. Zamani, acting on Red's orderes, tells Liz she has to make a choice between saving many innocent lives and saving Tom's. If Liz had chosen to chase Zamani Tom would have bleed out and that would have been the end of it. Liz's love for Tom proved greater than her desire to save lives, so Tom got to live another day. I think Red was hoping that Tom's true identity and his betrayals would completely sever that bond, but obviously Red now knows that is not the case. Red knows he needs to be careful, especially after Liz's finding out about Sam. He's not going to jeopardize his own relationship with Liz unless he feels it is absolutely necessary.
And Red would prioritize his relationship with Liz more than what she & Tom had. So anything that will implicate him (or even Tom), he'd steer clear of that to get in a good relationship with Liz.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:04 AM
New Fan

Red knows Tom loves Liz

I complete agree on the 1x07 scenes, particularly the last one, where Tom gets rid of all their furniture and they talk about their first night in the house. "I was all we had. It was all we ever needed." "You, me and Ike." The things Tom says to Liz throughout scene 1, even the arguments about her quitting the Task Force become incredibly sympathetic when you assume what I assume, that the entire time Tom is fighting Red, and covertly working against Berlin all for a woman who has no idea who he really is, would see he as "a monster" if she did (1x07) and who is making their marriage less and less of a priority.

I disagree on Red's truly believing Tom to be a physical threat to Liz. In Season 1 Red puts Liz in any number of dangerous situations, but he never does so without some kind of safety net, in the form of either himself or the rest of the task force. The only exceptions are when he sends Liz back home to spy on Tom, and when he leaves Tom alone with her to interrogate him. Liz is not a seasoned undercover operative and even if she was this is an emotional "mission", so there is every chance she will slip up. Again when Red leaves her Tom to interrogate, he counts on Tom's escaping Liz, having a follow team in place. and yet he doesn't leave anyone there to protect her from Tom. When he sees Tom has escaped he doesn't immediately call to she if she'd alright or rush into the house.

The Mexican stand off in the finale is another example of Red not believing Tom will harm Liz. When placed in the same situation with Anslo Garrick Red immediately gives himself up, but with Tom he doesn't, not until Tom puts a gun to Liz's head. I think this was the only moment Tom caused him to doubt that he would harm Liz. Even then the way he speaks to Tom suggests that he does in fact know how he feels about Liz, "Put down the gun because you do something you will deeply regret." Red could have said "deeply regret" as a threat, as in, if you hurt her I will make you deeply regret it, but he doesn't, is more you will feel remorse for your actions.

Finally the interaction in the 2x08 finale implies Red still believes Tom will be tempted to make contact with Liz, even after being shot, imprisoned and passively tortured by her. He repeats to Tom that he is forbidden to see her, and when Tom opens his mouth to protest he is shot down with a dark look. Red knows about Tom, he's just withholding the information, and I would guess that this will get him in trouble with Liz later on.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Moderator Manager

In S1, does Red know (maybe had a hunch) that once Tom was harmed that Liz will take him in custody and talk about his ordeal at the Black Ops CIA unit? Was this all part of some plan he had with Tom? I want to re-watch S1 just to see if there could be anything intertwining these two last season.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm glad that you're finally re-watching the rest of the eps, Eliza! Those are wonderful scenes you've posted. I especially like the second gifset because it was just a wonderful & sweet moment between husband & wife.
Yeah, I'm happy watching them too, cause there's lot of Tom/Liz
I'm really in love with the 2nd gifset too! It definitely felt like they were each other's home and haven there! Those moments are those which make me think that Tom really loves Liz because who would remember such details about one's love life? Except if the love is real...

Quote:
I complete agree on the 1x07 scenes, particularly the last one, where Tom gets rid of all their furniture and they talk about their first night in the house. "I was all we had. It was all we ever needed." "You, me and Ike." The things Tom says to Liz throughout scene 1, even the arguments about her quitting the Task Force become incredibly sympathetic when you assume what I assume, that the entire time Tom is fighting Red, and covertly working against Berlin all for a woman who has no idea who he really is, would see he as "a monster" if she did (1x07) and who is making their marriage less and less of a priority.
I don't know, I'm not sure if Tom was really doing everything for Liz since the beginning. I, for one, totally accept his dark side and that some things he was doing were more of a job matter than anything related to love BUT I really do believe that in this moment he was genuine and was probably wishing his life with Liz could just be simple and just be THAT, because he does in fact love her.

Quote:
I disagree on Red's truly believing Tom to be a physical threat to Liz. In Season 1 Red puts Liz in any number of dangerous situations, but he never does so without some kind of safety net, in the form of either himself or the rest of the task force. The only exceptions are when he sends Liz back home to spy on Tom, and when he leaves Tom alone with her to interrogate him. Liz is not a seasoned undercover operative and even if she was this is an emotional "mission", so there is every chance she will slip up. Again when Red leaves her Tom to interrogate, he counts on Tom's escaping Liz, having a follow team in place. and yet he doesn't leave anyone there to protect her from Tom. When he sees Tom has escaped he doesn't immediately call to she if she'd alright or rush into the house.

The Mexican stand off in the finale is another example of Red not believing Tom will harm Liz. When placed in the same situation with Anslo Garrick Red immediately gives himself up, but with Tom he doesn't, not until Tom puts a gun to Liz's head. I think this was the only moment Tom caused him to doubt that he would harm Liz. Even then the way he speaks to Tom suggests that he does in fact know how he feels about Liz, "Put down the gun because you do something you will deeply regret." Red could have said "deeply regret" as a threat, as in, if you hurt her I will make you deeply regret it, but he doesn't, is more you will feel remorse for your actions.

Finally the interaction in the 2x08 finale implies Red still believes Tom will be tempted to make contact with Liz, even after being shot, imprisoned and passively tortured by her. He repeats to Tom that he is forbidden to see her, and when Tom opens his mouth to protest he is shot down with a dark look. Red knows about Tom, he's just withholding the information, and I would guess that this will get him in trouble with Liz later on.
I haven't seen S2 yet, so I can't comment about that but as I said by the end of S1 I really do believe that Red thought Tom was a danger to Liz.
He didn't even mind if he died or not in 1x01... I think maybe he doubted it all along that's wy he let Liz alone with him, but in the finale he definitely was scared for her. The thing is that WE know that Tom never was and never will be a threat to Liz but does Red knows it? I doubt it...

Maybe he does know it now though (in S2) but I'm not so sure because why would he ask Tom to leave if it was the case? He clearly knows that Tom can keep a secret and I can't believe it would be the only reason he'd want him to leave
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
Yeah, I'm happy watching them too, cause there's lot of Tom/Liz
I'm really in love with the 2nd gifset too! It definitely felt like they were each other's home and haven there! Those moments are those which make me think that Tom really loves Liz because who would remember such details about one's love life? Except if the love is real...
What do you think of their initial plan of adopting? Was Tom really on-board with that because of his love for Liz or was it all part of his plan to get her close?

Old 11-30-2014, 02:25 PM
New Fan

I haven't seen S2 yet, so I can't comment about that but as I said by the end of S1 I really do believe that Red thought Tom was a danger to Liz.
He didn't even mind if he died or not in 1x01... I think maybe he doubted it all along that's wy he let Liz alone with him, but in the finale he definitely was scared for her. The thing is that WE know that Tom never was and never will be a threat to Liz but does Red knows it? I doubt it...

Maybe he does know it now though (in S2) but I'm not so sure because why would he ask Tom to leave if it was the case? He clearly knows that Tom can keep a secret and I can't believe it would be the only reason he'd want him to leave
[/QUOTE]

I have a good argument for my viewpoint on what Red knew and when he knew it, but I can't make it until you've seen through 2x08 (BTW sorry I spoiled anything in my earlier comment)...Let's just say that the last scene in 2x08 will blow your mind...Happy viewing!
Old 11-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Also anyone has a wish on how you all want Tom/Liz reunited again now that he's out?

Old 12-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I would really like to at least get some flashbacks of them together on the boat so we can hear everything that Tom told her.

I would like Tom to start helping Liz behind the scenes as an informant. Maybe even as a secret informant at first so that Liz doesn't know his identity? I think it could be a good way for Tom to slowly gain Liz's trust again.