Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Moderator Manager

That interview of Megan's looks familiar but thanks for posting it here ElizaSparrow.

That is a great theory, JM249481!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenR (View Post)
add me i love this couple. i believe they both still love each other. i think JM249481 has a good theory for tom/red association. cant wait for feb 1st to come
Welcome and I've added you.

I loved all the tweets that we got when some of the cast were watching the fall finale live.

@MeganBoone: Look who came to my party!!!! @Ryan_Eggold @NBCBlacklist #livetweet

@MeganBoone: Excuse us, we're mourning Alan "Fitch" Alda #TheBlacklist @NBCBlacklist

@mozhanistan: Only tweeting could reunite them. @MeganBoone @Ryan_Eggold @NBCBlacklist #theblacklist

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 11-12-2014, 02:05 AM
Loyal Fan

A lot of reviews said Tom still loves Liz.He def. had feellings for her,but I doubt he has the equivalent and deeper love what Liz has on him,imo.

Despite I'm a Keenler shipper,even I'm not, I don't think they would be back together as a normal,boring couple again.Tom's very complicated,has so much secrets,let alone he's a killer.Liz was hurt badly.Hom come she will end up with Tom again? this is not The Good Wife (a show I love very much)It's so pathetic.
She needs to move on ,gets over Tom and deserves a better man,even it's not Ressler. Like what Red told her on 1.19 when she had a fight with Tom ,Tom flee away “you deserve a better life” etc.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 11-12-2014 at 02:42 AM
Old 11-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

LOL at the second image

I honestly want to see Tom and Liz work things out even when its complicated. I have little faith in the writers, but hope they dont opt for the either route when it comes to relationships.

Maybe they both could retire from their jobs and return to their old boring habits in a new location.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM249481 (View Post)
At the beginning of 2x08 Tom asks Liz why she's never asked him if he ever loved her, and she replies it is because she knows the answer. Tom response "I don't think you do." I told my television screen not to play games with my shipper heart. But then came Liz's confession that, yes, despite everything she still loved Tom. The REAL moment of joy came in the final exchange between Tom and Red. Red clearly hates Tom, but he is willing to pay Tom off with whatever was in the envelope in exchange for Tom's agreeing to never see Liz again. Tom hesitates and agrees, but Red does not believe him, so he says it again. Tom looks like he wants to say something, but choose not to, then tells Red he kept their association a secret from Liz. Why does Red think Tom would try and see Liz? Why is Tom so reluctant to agree? Because Tom loves Liz and Red knows it.

I predict they were allies for a year between when Tom purchased the fake passports (I'm still saying for Liz, the baby, and himself) and some time before the pilot. I think their arrangement dissolved, because either Tom decided Red was more of a danger to Liz than a protector or because Red was insisting Tom cancel the adoption and Tom wouldn't because he wanted a family with Liz.
OMG, how I LOVE your posts!!!! Seriously, you always give me hope when I start thinking they're over

I do also think Tom loves Liz very deeply, that's why he never could and never will hurt her (physically I mean). I also think he really wanted to have a family with her even though he knew deep down it would be impossible because of their jobs!

JenR: Welcome I agree with you, I want to believe they both still love each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
A lot of reviews said Tom still loves Liz.He def. had feellings for her,but I doubt he has the equivalent and deeper love what Liz has on him,imo.

Despite I'm a Keenler shipper,even I'm not, I don't think they would be back together as a normal,boring couple again.Tom's very complicated,has so much secrets,let alone he's a killer.Liz was hurt badly.Hom come she will end up with Tom again? this is not The Good Wife (a show I love very much)It's so pathetic.
She needs to move on ,gets over Tom and deserves a better man,even it's not Ressler. Like what Red told her on 1.19 when she had a fight with Tom ,Tom flee away “you deserve a better life” etc.
I disagree with that, I think Tom loves Liz as much as she loves him... The thing though is that Tom knew pretty much the "real" Liz since the beginning but she didn't know the "real" Tom until recently, and she has to learn to know the "real" Tom in order to love him again. And he has to work to his redemption/forgiveness in order to earn her love again. Which I hope he will, because I do think he really loves her, and fell in love with her along the years eventhough he doesn't want to admit it, because it would be a weakness to him...

And Tom has hurt Liz very badly, but hasn't she just hurt him as much? They're both one and the same. Yes, Liz wanted a normal boring couple life with him, but neither her or Tom are normal boring people and maybe it isn't really what she needs. Maybe what she needs is someone who understands her, the real HER and only Tom can do that IMO. I also think she needs someone who challenges her and Tom does that too I personally think Tom is the best man out there for her in every aspects of her life whether she likes it or not.

Lindsay: Thanks for the pics Love the 1st and 3rd and yes, the 2nd is funny

Famu: ITA And I SO want this to be their ending!!!!!!! Or them disappearing together, taking new identities so no one could ever find them (except for Red cause I think Red should always be present in Lizzie's life )
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Liz loves "Tom Keen" who's underpaid,fourth grade school teacher,not whoever the man is pretending to be Tom.
This situation is like water poured on the ground cannot be recovered.Or a broken mirror can't be fixed, the damages are always there.

FYI, this is from EW, Megan Boone answered why Liz keeps Tom alive.
Quote:
I’ll admit that I’m happy that Tom Keen is still alive on The Blacklist, but why the heck would Liz keep him alive? — Tanya
I’ll let Megan Boone take this one: “She decided to keep Tom alive because it was in a misguided effort to reclaim her dignity and her power,” she says. “She was so mislead by him. Ultimately, she was made a fool. There will be suggestions in upcoming episodes that she may still have feelings for him, but these are not simple acts of trying to rekindle a romance. She held him prisoner for months and denies him medical care and proper nutrients and everything. This is something much more complicated. It has much more to do with ego than heart.”

Last edited by sunshinedan; 11-12-2014 at 06:22 PM
Old 11-12-2014, 07:12 PM
New Fan

Does Liz Love Tom Keen or Tom Bond? Or Both?

Many people have (rightly) brought up the point that Liz fell in love with Tom Keen, school teacher, not Tom Bond, and therefore her feelings for him aren't real. I have two main arguments to make on the behalf of my ship.

1) All undercover work on the Blacklist has followed one essential rule, to be successful undercover you use elements of yourself to sell the identity. Tom Keen is clearly not all Tom Bond is, but there may be more elements of overlap than we might assume. Also being Tom Keen, living his life may have had a profound effect on Tom Bond. As he said in his Mustang commercial, "Are you running from yourself? Or are you BECOMING yourself?" Tom Keen may have rubbed off on Tom Bond.

2) The Sherlock S3 explanation. DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SERIES THREE OF SHERLOCK AND DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!

Okay I warned you...In Sherlock Series 3 John discovers that his wife Mary, whom he thought and ordinary nurse, was a former assassin. He rages about what what he'd done to deserve her and wondered how he possibly could have missed the darkness in her. Sherlock asserts that John did not miss the darkness, that it was in fact the reason he choose Mary as his wife. John, Sherlock points out is a danger junkie, abnormally attracted to dangerous people and situations.

Liz is a similar case. Throughout S1 she and her husband are repeated placed in dangerous situations, but she refuses to quit or send Red away. She always chooses to go to Red, the international criminal for emotional support. She stabs Red with a pen, threatened to kill a wife beater, beats Craig, tortures Tom, and injects a suspect with a fatal disease. Liz has darkness in her, and that very well may have subconsciously attracted her to Tom. She continues to love him now, exposed now though she is to his crimes and his ruthlessness.

In terms of Tom's betrayal, I think learning Tom was protecting her all along would go far in healing the pain. Tom still needs to earn forgiveness, but I have hope for their future.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

I couldn't even deal with all the passion we saw from them in the finale. And the chemistry, it was great more so than I even expected after not really seeing much of them together all season.

Those photos of Ryan and Megan are just plain adorable. Those two seem so close. I love it!
Old 11-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:

It's not like the show is putting them back together right away but they did acknowledge that they have feelings for each other so even if that marriage was a sham, the feelings were there. I do think that we may get a Tom redemption arc soon.

Quote:
In terms of Tom's betrayal, I think learning Tom was protecting her all along would go far in healing the pain. Tom still needs to earn forgiveness, but I have hope for their future.
It's still a long road ahead but it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
I couldn't even deal with all the passion we saw from them in the finale. And the chemistry, it was great more so than I even expected after not really seeing much of them together all season.

Those photos of Ryan and Megan are just plain adorable. Those two seem so close. I love it!
They also seem to like Tom/Liz together.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Liz loves "Tom Keen" who's underpaid,fourth grade school teacher,not whoever the man is pretending to be Tom.
This situation is like water poured on the ground cannot be recovered.Or a broken mirror can't be fixed, the damages are always there.

FYI, this is from EW, Megan Boone answered why Liz keeps Tom alive.
I'll just answer with that cause I'm too tired to type right now, had a long day at work and I agree with absolutely everything JM249481 has said and because she/he has written it all so beautifully

Quote:
Many people have (rightly) brought up the point that Liz fell in love with Tom Keen, school teacher, not Tom Bond, and therefore her feelings for him aren't real. I have two main arguments to make on the behalf of my ship.

1) All undercover work on the Blacklist has followed one essential rule, to be successful undercover you use elements of yourself to sell the identity. Tom Keen is clearly not all Tom Bond is, but there may be more elements of overlap than we might assume. Also being Tom Keen, living his life may have had a profound effect on Tom Bond. As he said in his Mustang commercial, "Are you running from yourself? Or are you BECOMING yourself?" Tom Keen may have rubbed off on Tom Bond.

2) The Sherlock S3 explanation. DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SERIES THREE OF SHERLOCK AND DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!

Okay I warned you...In Sherlock Series 3 John discovers that his wife Mary, whom he thought and ordinary nurse, was a former assassin. He rages about what what he'd done to deserve her and wondered how he possibly could have missed the darkness in her. Sherlock asserts that John did not miss the darkness, that it was in fact the reason he choose Mary as his wife. John, Sherlock points out is a danger junkie, abnormally attracted to dangerous people and situations.

Liz is a similar case. Throughout S1 she and her husband are repeated placed in dangerous situations, but she refuses to quit or send Red away. She always chooses to go to Red, the international criminal for emotional support. She stabs Red with a pen, threatened to kill a wife beater, beats Craig, tortures Tom, and injects a suspect with a fatal disease. Liz has darkness in her, and that very well may have subconsciously attracted her to Tom. She continues to love him now, exposed now though she is to his crimes and his ruthlessness.

All of this SO DAMN MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's exactly how I see things too IMO, if Liz loved Tom since the beginning, it's because she subconsciously wanted someone who was like her, someone who would understand her but someone who also was her opposite. People can say what they want, but IMO, Liz knew from the very beginning Tom HAD darkness in him! She's such a great FBI Profiler! How could she not sense it?? Maybe it's even what attracted her to him??
Maybe she then pretended it didn't exist because it made life easier and she wanted to believe that something could just be simple in her life but as I said earlier, she hasn't got an easy life and she will never be a normal boring person (except if she changes her identity) so she can't really expect that from life, and I think she knew it when she decided to work for the FBI, she just wanted to pretend it wasn't the case...

Lindsay: Thanks for the positive words eventhough you do not ship them I really hope for a Tom redemption arc (but I'm not against him keeping a dark side because it's in his nature )

And yes, Megan and Ryan seem to enjoy/ship Tom/Liz which is kind of cool

Yeah, Nekoshoujo they're so cute together

Old 11-14-2014, 01:08 AM
Moderator Manager

I love that OTP photo!!! I wonder who took the pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)

Lindsay: Thanks for the positive words eventhough you do not ship them I really hope for a Tom redemption arc (but I'm not against him keeping a dark side because it's in his nature )
Thank you. Do you watch Agents of SHIELD? There's a character there named Grant Ward who is so much like Tom on the show right now and I'm rooting for a redemption arc for him the way I am with Tom. Personally, I don't think it's fair to write him off without knowing what his true intentions are. I do believe he loved her during that marriage because if it was just an assignment, he'd have killed her already, imo.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am so hoping for a reunion between Liz and Tom. I feel like things are leading that way.. I hope it seems like more people ship them now and the idea of them ending up together isn't insane.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Moderator Manager

There's a chance for Tom to redeem himself and we don't know where he is right now (nor does Liz). If he is to stay away from Liz, he still needs to keep in contact with Red right?

Old 11-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyOneThatMakesMeSing (View Post)
I am so hoping for a reunion between Liz and Tom. I feel like things are leading that way.. I hope it seems like more people ship them now and the idea of them ending up together isn't insane.
Me too. That ending with Tom and Red spelt it out for me. Red makes him promise never to see Liz again? That must mean that Tom will be seeing Liz again! That's how this show works, isn't it?
Old 11-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Me too. That ending with Tom and Red spelt it out for me. Red makes him promise never to see Liz again? That must mean that Tom will be seeing Liz again! That's how this show works, isn't it?

Old 11-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I love that OTP photo!!! I wonder who took the pic?

Thank you. Do you watch Agents of SHIELD? There's a character there named Grant Ward who is so much like Tom on the show right now and I'm rooting for a redemption arc for him the way I am with Tom. Personally, I don't think it's fair to write him off without knowing what his true intentions are. I do believe he loved her during that marriage because if it was just an assignment, he'd have killed her already, imo.
Me too!! So cute!! James took the pics?

Nope I don't but I've heard of the guy before and I agree with you, one of the reasons I believe he still loves her is because he hasn't killed her already (and neither has she)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyOneThatMakesMeSing (View Post)
Me too!! And I also do feel like more and more people are shipping them!! But how can they not? The chemistry between those 2 is insane.

Just couldn't kill him...

Also, have you guys seen that??

reversibility of all phenomena

Are these 2 together in real life or what?? Not that it matters much to me, but I guess it could explain the chemistry a bit ^^

Quote:
IT HAS TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!