Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

So probably my favorite thing about last night's episode was learning more about Samar's history. She's not an angel. She's does what she has to do and that's what I'm really enjoying about her character. I'm not exactly surprised she killed a guy. She's a Mossad agent after all. This episode also seemed to be a starting board for what could be a broader storyline about what kinds of people could pop up from her past and end up getting involved with some kind of Blacklister crime or something.

I also liked that Red called her since we know they have that past connection and I though it was odd that it wasn't really touched on earlier.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Moderator Manager

She knows how valuable Liz is to Red to have her call him. I take it the guy that she killed in the beginning of the ep also did something bad from her past/family. I really wonder how she met Red. I would like some backstory on her.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for starting this thread Asya

so far I am liking her character!! really glad she is the mole instead of Aram
Old 11-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
She knows how valuable Liz is to Red to have her call him. I take it the guy that she killed in the beginning of the ep also did something bad from her past/family. I really wonder how she met Red. I would like some backstory on her.
Yeah there's a big question mark lingering there with that opening. Is there a personal element or are they going to bring in some shady Mossad type storyline? hmmm
Old 11-08-2014, 04:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
so far I am liking her character!! really glad she is the mole instead of Aram
I would not forgive the writers if they make Aram the mole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Yeah there's a big question mark lingering there with that opening. Is there a personal element or are they going to bring in some shady Mossad type storyline? hmmm
I still feel like there's an untold story for Samar.

Here's a cast interview for the ep "The Decemberist" featuring Mozhan: The Blacklist - Episode 2.08 - The Decembrist - 6 Cast Video Interviews 5

Old 12-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think it was a little easy for her to join the special task force honestly. You would think it would be much harder to join a top secret government operation that nobody is suppose to know about.

I agree with both of you guys - I want more info on her connection to Red and on her character in general.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Moderator Manager

I feel like Red probably pulled some strings with Cooper to let Samar be a part of the task force but I do agree with you that it was too convenient. Obviously she was going to be Meera's replacement.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

What's still bothering me about her is what Liz told her in 2x03... That she didn't find Red but her let her find him and that he has reasons therefore. Maybe it was for her to join the task force and keep an eye on Lizzie. Or maybe (and that's what I'd guess) there's something more. I bet we'll find out during the season.

But I really like her tbh. I love that there's a woman there again... Lizzie all alone with the guys was okay but she needs another female in her life. Definitely
Old 12-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Moderator Manager

I think you're right about her keeping an eye on Liz. Red is always on top of these things.

Yes, we need another strong female character like Liz on the show and Samar is likeable.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

But maybe there are other reasons for her to be around as well... I really can't grasp what it could be yet.

It's pretty cool that it was another woman joining.

I'm still curious if it was just the few files that brought her into the special ops or if there was arranged something else.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:23 AM
Moderator Manager

It's pretty hazy why she's at the FBI black ops team. I feel like there's still a story that has to be told about her and especially her history with Red.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes... I especially want to know more about her. About her past, her family, people she's close to. It's as if we know nothing.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:25 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah we really don't know a lot about her except that she knows Red and that he's been a part of her past. Of course we also meet that Blackilister who was connected with the killings of her family.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

What was really shocking for her of course was that her brother was supposed to be the assassin, not just an innocent dying in the assassination... I'm wondering if she believed the Blacklister or if she still thinks her brother innocent and what in the end is the truth.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Moderator Manager

I think she believes her brother is innocent. When it comes to families, we are always on the good side even if he or she is in the wrong.