Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tari, don't get me wrong. I get your point. But look what it did to Liz to not have her parents around. She longed for them. She found her father (maybe) and now he is a criminal and she blames him for all the bad things over and over again... Would it be different for Agnes? Liz wasn't much older either. It's all about things that she would have loved to turn out different for her that are now happening for Agnes because of her choices, because of her not giving a though, for being selfish.

I sooo love your statement about learning to live with with being broken. It's true. Don't we all do that? And look, we live. It takes time, no questions, but that's not excuse for her choices lately... Regarding Agnes and regarding her actions taken.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be so sad if Agnes has to grow up without both her parents there. I think Liz doesn't realize that she might be heading that way.

You are right Tari, there is nothing wrong with being broken. As long as you know how to deal with it and turn it into something positive if that is possible.

It's so sad to think that Agnes is never going to know her father. And only know his from pictures and stories.

There is one thing about my mom that I will never forget and that is her voice. I hear it in my mind a lot still. But yeah I was 22 when my mom died not so young as Agnes.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Tari, don't get me wrong. I get your point. But look what it did to Liz to not have her parents around. She longed for them. She found her father (maybe) and now he is a criminal and she blames him for all the bad things over and over again... Would it be different for Agnes? Liz wasn't much older either. It's all about things that she would have loved to turn out different for her that are now happening for Agnes because of her choices, because of her not giving a though, for being selfish.
Revenge is all consuming, and that is all Liz wants.

Regarding Agnes, Liz, at one point was going to give her up for adoption just to get her out of the life that Liz was living. She wasn't fully checked in to being a parent in the first place. Even after her FAKE DEATH.... Tom was the one raising Agnes. Liz was in Cuba. If anything, TOM was the parent while Liz was off catching Blacklisters. I have nothing against working mothers, don't let that be the take away from this. My mother was single working parent.

Back in S1, Liz and Tom had a chance to adopt a baby, and Liz was the one to chicken out.

Liz is aware enough to know that she doesn;t have what it takes to raise Agnes. Distance, and Scottie's vast wealth, in Liz's mind, is better for her daughter.

But then again, these are the stupid choices the writers have made. Though, I don't disagree with Agnes living with Scottie.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, I never thought about it like that but now that you summed up all of this it makes so much sense that she left Agnes with Scottie. I do commend her for not wanting the raise her daughter in an environment like her but children need their mother. I really hope once she gets her revenge or feels better that she will get Agnes from Scottie and raise her herself. That is what Tom would have wanted.

And yes you are right about Tom being the parent that was always there for Agnes.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Agnes may need her mother, but Liz isn't emotionally fit or capable of taking care of her at this moment in time. having Agnes with her as she is would do more harm than good.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Red: Mmm. [ Chewing ] [ Light jazz playing ] You have no idea what I’ve offered Chui to divulge the secret of this recipe. [ Mouth full ] He won’t say. I suspect it has something to do with how he beats his eggs.
Liz. I cannot stop thinking about that man from the diner.
Red: I wonder if he uses a whisk.
Liz: His wife, the way she looked at me. No one’s ever looked at me like that before. How do you do it?
Red: Do what?
Liz: How do you deal with people looking at you that way? The fear? How do you go on knowing that people are terrified of you?

Red: [ Laughs ] I don’t know. [ Chuckles ] You can’t do every silly thing you want to in life. You have to make your choices. You have to try to be happy with them. I think we’ve done pretty well. I’m not saying it’s easy to ignore the way people look at you. But I hope you can find some solace in the fact that when I look at you…

I just feel the need for the shipping container.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

The shipping container scene is one of the lovelier ones for them.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Better days.

She was so concerned with how people saw her. And now look at her.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Them in the shipping container is one of my favorite scenes for them
Old 01-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly, that scene and the whole first part of S3 is when I fell in love with them.

Before I just liked the show. Then suddenly I was obsessed. That's probably why it went downhill from there.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The shipping container scene was so amazing!

Like you said Marilyn, back then she was so concerned of what people thought about her and now she could care less.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooookay, back to Agnes and her living with Scottie. Seriously? As if her life was a normal, innocent one She has done a lot of bad things as well. So it's okay she is with her For me it's not and it will never be. If she wanted her daughter safe and out of it all, she should really have given her up for adoption.

The shipping container That scene was just stunning! Somehow this moment was honest between these two.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And Liz knows that Scottie has done right? I mean if she wouldn't have known it would have been another story but she does know I think.

x
Old 01-27-2018, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, thanks so much for that amazing gif-set

x
Old 01-27-2018, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Your is amazing as well!

What would we do without these gif sets.