Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I'm not so sure if I'm happy with their dynamic because it feels as if nothing has happened before and as if there's no baggage at all... I really can't get used to it.

I think I have never before heard anybody say that he/she is happy that he/she hasn't jumped on a ship You are the first here, Tari

Tari, thanks for your rant. I know what you mean. I as well think there should be tons of forgiveness coming both ways And lately, it's just coming from Red's. Okay, it's always come from Red's side. I want this to be over with. She said she had forgiven Red for killing Sam. Has she really? She says she has forgiven him for Tom. Has she really? And why on earth can she forgive anybody in her life but him? Look at Tom! She loves him the way he is, no matter what happened in the past... But Red? She pushed away over and over again. I don't get it. And NOW it is all forgiven and forgotten? Come on... What did they do to them? It's not a new show, it has to continue and there is some big clarification that I'm missing here.
With some of the ships I've had, things got so bad for them and I was so emotionally invested, that I had to stop watching the show because I couldn't enjoy it anymore. With Blacklist, I really like Red, and I knew that if I didn't step back, chill out, I was never going to watch this show again.

For Red and Liz, there were moments where you thought he wasn't her father, the way he would look at her, the way he spoke to her; those moments were definitely NOT fatherly. But then it would do a complete 180 and suddenly he was acting like a father. o_O I couldn't do it anymore. I'm not shipping them.

Liz is such a hypocrite when it comes to Red. Tom has done just as many bad things as Red, but because she loves Tom Keen, she can forgive him anything.... It's irritating.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Totally agree Tari about ships. I can invest so much and then the writers wind up ruining a character to creat drama and I choose sides and it messes up the show.

Even on this show, they messed up Liz to a point where I struggle to even like her.

I also know what you mean about being unsure because there are scenes that are definitely not fatherly. Maybe unsure isn't the word, but not knowing which way the show will go with them.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

I have a show that is on my NO WATCH list. I can't even go back and watch the first few seasons when things were really good! No way... no how!

I dislike Liz. To me, she is nothing more than an ungrateful brat. There are moments when she is with Red that I can like her again, like in the episode Greyson Blaise. They were being crooks and Liz actually used the word "COOL" in regards to some things Red pilfered.

There are some definite UN-FATHERLY looks from Red peppered throughout the seasons. And with the writers finally deciding to go the route of Father/Daughter.... it's a little weird.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 10-18-2017 at 02:12 AM
Old 10-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

I still doubt he's the dad because the blood was 30 yrs old.

Agree about unfatherly looks. It's like they couldn't decide which way to go. And where does Lizs dream fit in?

I am at the point where I try not to get too caught up with any ship. I watch Scorpion and I got so aggravated last season with Paige that I am now struggling to watch the show.

What show did you have to stop watching if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-18-2017, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still believe that Red is her father And I still love the thought.

About these really uncertain moments, I agree with you. I'm wondering though if it has something to do with him not being able to be her father for more than 25 years I'm not sure if you really can develop a pure fatherly relationship if you've missed out on all of her growing up and bonding with her during these 25 years. I just imagine my father showing up on my doorstep now. Would I ever bond with him as if he was my father. I don't think so, not with it coming out of nowhere while I never had one for 25 years.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The blood was old. But DNA doesn't change even it is such old blood right so I think he is her father as well but I do think there are still some secrets surrounding it regarding Katarina but I don't know what.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

^^ The DNA on the shirt would have degraded over the years, especially if the shirt was stored improper;y, but hte DNA wouldn't have changed. Which seems dumb to me, honestly. in the season one episodes ANSLO GARRICK, they found traces of Red's blood in that DCM black site. Cooper tested it, and said it was Red's. So his blood was still on file somewhere. Why he would need to destroy evidence in such a way is sorta stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
What show did you have to stop watching if you don't mind me asking?

I had to stop watching Once Upon a Time. That show elevated pointless characters, while sidelining more than a few main characters. It was madness and I finally got fed up with what they were doing to two of the ships I had on the show.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn is talking about the imposter theory here in which case it wouldn't matter if blood changes or not if 'Red' back then was another person...

Tari, good point about the season 1 blood test... But you forgot, we had the Alchemist who very well knew how to manipulate DNA. We don't know how intensely Red's blood was tested or if it was just the obligatory testing. So this wouldn't really rule out the imposter theory either.

And on a side note, I don't believe in the imposter theory anymore

OUaT... Oh Goodness! I had to stop with this show because it was such a crap at some point... Sorry, but true.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I am talking imposter theory. They had so many chances to test his blood and Liz even threw a test away. Now you test 30 year old blood. I'm just waiting on the twist with that.

Oh yeah once upon a time. They did totally lose track with that one didn't they. You may think I'm crazy but I loved Rumple and Belle. And they destroyed their story.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

See, I spoke up for you, Marilyn I knew exactly what you wanted to say... And still don't believe it

Red and Liz in this episode was kind of good. I loved that serious talk when the boy was getting the heart transplant.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you kris. But even without that theory, 30 year old blood when you had all these other opportunities just reeks of a twist coming.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

I loved Red and Liz in this episode. Her at the breakfast table with Red and Dembe while they played that word game, and she was smiling, totally amused with her father and "brother". It was just a cute little family scene! LOL! At least thats how I saw it!

Then them sitting, waiting while the boy get' his mother's heart. OMG! that just.... A mother's love, there's no beating that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Oh yeah once upon a time. They did totally lose track with that one didn't they. You may think I'm crazy but I loved Rumple and Belle. And they destroyed their story.
I adored Rumple and Belle, and their love story.... but because A&E were constantly screwing them up and destroying them.... I had to stop. And then they royally screwed with Robin and Regina. I loved them.... and NOW WHAT!! Ugh!! And that's not even all th reasons I had to stop watching the show.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know what you mean, Marilyn And still I believe this time there won't be anything coming our way...

I loved them in this episode as well... It was so amazing to see Red and Liz back again, discussion the love of a parent for a child And her letting Red continue with it... I'm not sure if she knew exactly what he knew when he suggested the plan already.

OUAT - Rumple and Belle and Regina and Robin were the reasons why I stopped watching as well. And Emma and Hook... They are my Tom and Liz in OUAT.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think Liz had any idea what Red had figured out. Am I really thinking she trusted him?

Those were my favorite ships on OUAT as well. And I wound up sick of tHe whole thing.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I somehow guess she really trusted him there... She believed in saving that boy. And in Red because she might know how much he cares about children and that he still has a moral code and not hurting innocent people is one of them.