Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Tonight's episode is going to be so hard for Dembe to let Red go with Kirk. I don't know how he will get they it. You know he would give his life for Red.
It's so cool that you kind of predicted how hard it would be... Man, this was such a serious episode for the two of them and yes, it was the hardest thing that Dembe ever had to do I guess. I almost cried.

It really was a goodbye and I didn't expect that. That goodbye was the point where I understood the full extend of what was going to happen.

And this commercial, amazing! So glad they got these two to make it

Red asking for forgiveness made me realize that what Dembe had told him in the church wasn't forgotten by him. He got the full extend of these words and thoughts as well, he just didn't acknowledge them until this moment.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Can I please be added?
Old 11-12-2016, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

welcome stlavin95, I added you.

I really loved the commercial as well.

Their goodbye was heartbreaking cause they both knew what was going to happen. I think Red had prepared to die. He really did.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the add!
Old 11-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Red loves Dembe and would never hurt him, and the feeling is mutual. I have my faith back that Dembe would never betray Red. And I love that Red always treats Dembe with respect, always apologizes when he's wrong, and really seems to care how Dembe feels about him. I can't say how much I loved their scenes.

It's interesting too that Dembe did not want Red to turn himself into Kirk, and tried to stop him. So that makes me wonder what does Dembe know about Red's relationship to Liz? If he thought Liz was Red's daughter, would he have tried to stop him?
Old 11-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's unbelievable that this was the time where Red came the closest to die. And seeing at least one person not wanting him dead, being willing to choose Red over Liz even, was fantastic.

x

Quote:
It's interesting too that Dembe did not want Red to turn himself into Kirk, and tried to stop him. So that makes me wonder what does Dembe know about Red's relationship to Liz? If he thought Liz was Red's daughter, would he have tried to stop him?
But who knows, maybe Red is kind of like Dembe's father and he simply didn't want to lose him. I really can see that being the case... But I totally get what you mean, Marilyn. I'm wondering the same.
Or maybe Dembe thinks that Red has sacrificed too much already... And all he had earned for it was her faking her death. I'm not sure if Dembe is completely over it. He won't forget the state that Red was in after her 'death'.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with all your points Kris and i am glad Red has someone who loves him like that. It's also interesting the turn around from Anslo Garrick. Dembe was going to die for Red to make sure Red did not come out of the cage, and now, he does not want to lose Red at all.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
I agree with all your points Kris and i am glad Red has someone who loves him like that. It's also interesting the turn around from Anslo Garrick. Dembe was going to die for Red to make sure Red did not come out of the cage, and now, he does not want to lose Red at all.
The Anslo Garrick situation kept popping up in my mind as well and I as well noticed how much it has all changed. He never wanted Red dead, he was ready to sacrifice his life for Red's. And it's still the same... He tried whatever he could to prevent him from giving himself over to Kirk.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I definitely loved all of their scenes the other night.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Kris and Marilyn you are both so right.

I wonder if Red didn't have the plan in place for the Dr. and the patient, Sophie(?), if Dembe would have stopped Red.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome Sam.

I don't know if Dembe would have stopped Red. Only if Dembe had known that the plan wasn't in place cause otherwise Dembe knows that Red knows what he is doing and Red doesn't leave anything to chance so even if he didn't want Red to sacrifice himself for Liz, Dembe knows that Red had to do it.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySoos (View Post)
Kris and Marilyn you are both so right.

I wonder if Red didn't have the plan in place for the Dr. and the patient, Sophie(?), if Dembe would have stopped Red.
I am sure letting Red go without there being even a small chance of having a plan in place would have been the hardest thing Dembe ever had to do. He was very close to begging with a plan being worked out. Dembe does not like Red being in danger. Remember how he felt in Kings of the Highway. He wanted to be driving Red. He did not like Red being on his own.

One thing I regretted about the beginning of S3 when Dembe sacrificed himself for his granddaughter is that we never got to see Red learn of than and go get Dembe. I love that Dembe saved him, don't get me wrong. That scene was spectacular, but I would love to see Red racing to save Dembe.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Seeing Red doing that definitely would have been great.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice thought, Susana... But I think that Dembe would have let him go nevertheless. He knows how much Liz means to Red and he knows their connection (whatever it might be) and somehow he seems to understand Red's actions. It seems as if they make sense. To Dembe at least...

Marilyn, maybe we will get such a scene for once in the upcoming episodes. It's a nice thought
Old 11-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't see Dembe stopping Red in that situation either.