Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Criminal & The Bodyguard [Red&Dembe|James&Hisham] #5: "Dembe, while you're at it, you should have him take a look at that mole." "It's a freckle."

Raymond Reddington & Dembe Zuma | James Spader & Hisham Tawfiq
THE C R I M I N AL AND THE B O D Y G U A R D | 5th A P P R E C I A T I O N T H R E A D

x

When Raymond Reddington surrendered himself to the FBI to work with them, he only wanted him as his bodyguard. Dembe Zuma, a former freedom fighter from South Sudan. Red found Dembe when he was fourteen years old after he lost his entire family. Red took care of Dembe and they became like father and son. They would do anything for eachother. Everywhere Red goes Dembe is one step behind him. To protect and help the man that saved his life.
— the f i r s t time we m e t them ღ —

Gif by Aga

quotes
— s e a s o n one —

"Raymond! Ours is a friendship forged once in this life and again in the next. Goodbye, my brother."
Episode 1x09

X

quotes
— s e a s o n two —

Dembe: "Raymond don’t. That was then. It serves no purpose to kill him now."
Red: "You see that, Geoff? That is what a good man does. That is what separates men like him from men like you and me."
Episode 2x06

Dembe: "You need to tell her, Raymond."
Red: "Tell her what?"
Dembe: "About Tom. You should have told her some time ago."
Red: "I don't know how to do that, Dembe."
Dembe: "Yes, you do. You tell her the truth by telling her everything."
Red: "I don't think I can do that."
Dembe: "Maybe you should stop thinking about it and do it."
Episode 2x15

Dembe: "The doctor says you did well."
Red: "Elizabeth?"
Dembe: "She's fine."
Red: "You need to go to my flat."
Dembe: "I'm taking care of it."
Red: "You were right, Dembe. I should've told her."
Dembe: "I understand why you didn't."
Red: "No, you don't. The blessing of an honest man."
Episode 2x19

Red: "That's enough for today."
Dembe: "Just one more lap, Raymond. This is an important part of your therapy."
Red: "You should have let me die, Dembe. Nobody told me about this aimless walking."
Episode 2x20

x

quotes
— s e a s o n three —

Red: "Dembe is more than an associate to me. Please find him."
Episode 3x04

Red: "Dembe. Dembe. We're going to get you well."
Episode 3x05

Red: "Does anything appear out of the ordinary?"
Dembe: "No. But I don't like this Raymond."
Red: "We're less than an hour behind you and Ian will be there any minute to open the store. The care package will be there soon after."
Dembe: "I should be with you."
Red: "You will be in less than hour. Oh and don't forget that other matter that we discussed."
Episode 3x08

*Dembe and Red listening to Brenda and Gerald singing in the woods*
Dembe: "That's enough."
Red: "Ok, then."
Episode 3x12

Red: "Were here for the Fugu kimo."
Dembe: "Fugu kimo?"
Red: "Blowfish liver. Contains a poison 1200 times deadlier than cyanide. So lethal a single fish can kill 30 grown men."
Dembe: "People eat this?"
Red: "Not legally, no, but as with most dangerous endeavors, there are those who feel compelled. Tetrodotoxin first creates a tingling in the lips, then the hands.
If you’re lucky and your chef is meticulous, you can survive with a story and an adrenaline rush. But if you’re not, the poison can kill you in minutes."
Episode 3x15

Dembe: "She deserves the truth."
Red: "Watch the road, Dembe."
Episode 3x16

Red: "This is above and beyond my friend. Above and beyond."
Dembe: "Is that it?"
Red: "If anything happened to me this was to go to Elizabeth. So she'd know. Now I'm not sure I ever want her to know."
Dembe: "Perhaps Raymond, in this case what you want is irrelevant. If the universe wants her to know, she will find a way."
Episode 3x16

Red: "I'm sorry, Dembe."
Dembe: "I know, Raymond."
Episode 3x18

x

quotes
— s e a s o n . four —
Dembe: "It won't come."
Red: "What?"
Dembe: "Forgiveness for Kate. For what I did."
Red: "You did nothing."
Dembe. "Exactly."
Episode 4x05

Red: "Fish him out of the tub. And Dembe while you're at it, you should have him take a look at that mole."
Dembe: "It's a freckle."
Episode 4x05

Red: "Found the teacup. Oh! And the banana."
Dembe: "Mm."
Red: "That's 11. One more. Don't tell me."
Dembe: "Raymond."
Red: "One second."
Dembe: "The sailboat."
Red: "Oh! Why'd you.. Oh! Show-off."
Episode 4x07

Dembe: "It was Kirk's men at the hospital."
Red: "Did Elizabeth get out? "
Dembe: "She was taken by Kirk."
Red: "Well, she'll be safe with him until Kirk's doctors confirm she's not his daughter, but we don't have much time."
Episode 4x08

Dembe: " We can find her."
Red: "There's no more time."
Dembe: "He'll kill you, no matter what you do or say. You can't go."
Red: "It's Elizabeth."
Dembe: "If we can get the woman.."
Red: "It's too late for her to save Elizabeth."
Dembe: "But perhaps she can save you."
Red: "Forgive me. For Kate. For everything."
Episode 4x08

Dembe: "That's what this was all about, replacing Kate."
Red: "Kate is irreplaceable."
Dembe: "To me, she is."
Episode 4x10

Dembe: "Raymond. I told her because I felt it was important for her to know."
Red: "I understand."
Episode 4x11

Banner by Miranda

The fans

01. L i N d $ @ y | 02. SLAT92 | 03. Amyღ | 04. mccullers | 05. Nekoshoujo
o6. SensationalShay | 07. xlennie | 08. Miranda | 09. ~MelBelle~ | 10. deejay0212
11. Lauren Helen Graham | 12. stlavin95

X

"You know, twenty nine years ago, in Sierra Leone, there was a farmer named Samwel Zuma,
who had the audacity to identify several low level Mombasa operatives to local authorities.
The cartel massacred the entire family. All but the youngest son; he was sold to a local ring of flesh peddlers.
The majority of children in those circumstances don’t last longer than nine months.
He survived eight years. He was fourteen when I found him. Too old, too tall, too angry and dangerous to be of any further value.
He was left to die, chained to a standpipe in a squalored brothel in Nairobi. Branded, barely alive, so I took him. Made him well, saw to his education.
He graduated university with a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature. He speaks four languages fluently and can get by on half a dozen more.
He is splendid. His name is Dembe. Dembe Zuma."

banner by Miranda

— t h e r e a s o n s ღ —
Because they would do anything for each other.
Because Red saved Dembe's life.
Because Red trusts Dembe with his life.
Because Dembe is like a son to Red.
Because Dembe told Red to tell Liz the truth.
Because Dembe took care of Red after he got shot.
Because Dembe isn't afraid to tell Red what he thinks.
Because Dembe is much more than an associate to Red.
Because Dembe is Red's better half.
Because Dembe would never betray Red.

banner by Miranda

— f u t u r e t i t l e s ღ—

"Dembe is more than an associate to me."
"You should have let me die, Dembe. Nobody told me about this aimless walking."
"Goodbye, my brother."
"I understand why you didn't." "No, you don't. The blessing of an honest man."

— p a s t t i t l e s ღ—
"Ours is a friendship forged once in this life and again in the next."
"Raymond, don't. That was then. It serves no purpose to kill him now."
"You were right Dembe, I should have told her."
"That is what a good man does. That is what separates men like him from men like you and me."
"Dembe, while you're at it, you should have him take a look at that mole." "It's a freckle."

—p r e v i o u s t h r e a d s ღ—
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 |

Last edited by Miranda; 02-20-2017 at 07:56 AM
Old 10-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread, Miranda And you changed the coloring of the text!!!! I saw it right away Love it!
Old 10-27-2016, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

My two favorite people. I love the colors too and I just re read the quotes. Dembe I think truly gets Red. He understands him. I think their friendship and love runs very deep. I am back to normal believing that neither would hurt the other.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Love these. Thanks Miranda.

Welcome back to normal Marilyn. They really are a great pair aren't they.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, that's awesome! That's the power of a beautiful OP, like the one that Miranda gave us with this thread

I'm still afraid that Dembe might start to doubt Red. I don't see him betraying Red, really... But I think he's starting to question his actions and maybe at some point will have enough.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks girls.

Yes I did Kris and I added some gifs and arts as well. I thought this OP needed some spicing up.

Glad you are back to normal Marilyn. Now we only need to get Kris there too! Don't be afraid and don't doubt Dembe.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Ours is a friendship forged in this life. I'm going out on a limb and agreeing that Dembe will never betray Red or walk away from him. I'm almost scared to say it because I felt the same about Kaplan. But Dembe will never betray Red. He may think red should have told Liz everything but he was angry at Kaplan for betraying Red. And he is seeing how Liz is treating Red now. I am sure he does not think red deserves that.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sure he thinks that Red doesn't deserves to better treated like he is by Liz. Even though if Dembe doesn't always agree with Red. He doesn't have too but I firmly believe he will always be behind Red. And like you said Marilyn, I also though that about Kaplan but I put all my faith in Deme.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm somehow more hopeful now and still I can't shake that strange feeling that something is coming their way. Hopefully the upcoming episodes will prove me wrong and let me shake that feeling.

I'm really sure that he'll never betray him, I swear That's not Dembe. But he hurts because of Red's decisions as well... We know that now and it's just a matter of time how long he'll be able to live with it. Dembe isn't Red, we know that.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

I hope Dembe doesn't feel the need to leave. I know he's not like Red but I hope he knows how much Red needs him especially now.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure he knows that Red needs him but honestly, isn't it selfish at some point to always expect to be there, no matter the consequences for him? I'm sure that he is thankful for everything that Red has done for him and Red knows that very well. This will never change. But shall there be a time where it's too much for Dembe to stand, I'm sure that Red would understand if Dembe would be leaving.

I don't say this would be easy, it would shatter Red for sure... And he really wouldn't have anybody left. But it's possible if you ask me.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to agree with you. I think if there would come up point where Dembe couldn't handle things anymore and he would want to leave and he would tell Red that he would understand. Red knows that Dembe is not like him. "That is what a good man does. That is what separates men like him from men like you and me." So I am sure he would let Dembe go if Dembe would want that but Dembe has been through a lot and he can handle a lot of things so I think we are good there.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Knowing. How Red is, he might make the decision to leave Dembe in order to help him
Old 10-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Knowing. How Red is, he might make the decision to leave Dembe in order to help him
Oh yes... Should there ever be a time where Red would feel Dembe crumble because of his decisions and actions, he'd leave for Dembe's sake. I can see that happening, too.

And Miranda, exactly my point But it's true as well that Dembe has been through so much that I can see him handling it at the moment.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally agree with you Marilyn. I could totally see Red leaving Dembe for his sake. That is really a Red like thing to do.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top