Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

It is complex and I guess that's why I don't get the reactions to him trying to save his friend. But I think you are right. At that point in time, his friend was safe. Maybe that is what Dembe was trying to say. Maybe Red should not have tried the break out although I don't blame Red for the death. I don't think Red was worried about his friend talking.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That part when the car was stolen was epic! I laughed so hard! The way he talked to those cops and how he spelled out his license plate.

And how did he come up with ponytail and muscle shakes?! I almost peed my pants when I heard him say that. :rofl:

I agree Kris. I think Red is overprotective as well. He wants to try everything he can to protect the people he loves and the people that work for him and when he can't that is so hard on him.

Maybe he made the wrong choice trying to break his friend out of jail but he knew that this guy was being framed and he wanted to do something about it. It was so hard for him to leave him behind. It was so sad.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Spelling the license plate was epic.

Am I the only one who did not know he was talking about Baz and Dembe?
Old 02-11-2017, 05:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

No Marilyn I didn't get it either. Lol. Those descriptions were spot on though. "The white one with the ponytail" and muscles and power shakes should have rung the bell. Lol.

"Spader is awesome" is right.

I think you are right Kris. Red is overprotective. He has been doing this for so long and stayed alive and free for so long he wants those who have been loyal, who have become his family to be safe. He takes care of his "family."
Old 02-11-2017, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I immediately knew he was talking about Dembe and Baz, I just didn't get why they had to steal Red's car. I got it thought when they were in jail.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Yes he does take care of his family. They are his responsibility and he wants no harm to come to them. He may expect loyalty, but the difference in Red and most criminals is that he returns the loyalty.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, I don't fully get all the reactions either but I guess him being safe there for now was what made him wrong and other people act out on it... Maybe the task force could have gotten him out? Or there would have been another opportunity, for example when he was transfered or something like that. But breaking into a prison, that was super risky, not just for Red.

And there you see the problem. I think Red doesn't even trust the task force any longer... It's so sad.

Quote:
Am I the only one who did not know he was talking about Baz and Dembe?
Is it bad that I right away got it? It was so clear
Old 02-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

I've been thinking about this down spiral of Red's and wondering why he is so desperate. It is hard for me to believe he is feeling that guilty over Kaplan.

what if he is driving himself like this because Liz and Agnes got kidnapped and he is taking more and more risks to protect them. Do you think that possible. He seemed more worried about Stone because of Liz.

Now Lizs identity has been revealed. People will be coming after her. He has Agnes to think about. Maybe he feels he already failed her by letting Kirk get her.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Did you notice, when he was talking with Liz and gave her present for Agnes, he didn't really look into her eyes, his eyes were everywhere but not on her.
Marilyn I haven't notice either
Old 02-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't notice Aga. Interesting. She was receptive of this gift too. Maybe he didn't expect that.

Quote:
what if he is driving himself like this because Liz and Agnes got kidnapped and he is taking more and more risks to protect them. Do you think that possible. He seemed more worried about Stone because of Liz.

Now Lizs identity has been revealed. People will be coming after her. He has Agnes to think about. Maybe he feels he already failed her by letting Kirk get her.
That may be where his guilt comes from. I agree about Kaplan not being the source or main source of his guilt. Could he be wondering if it will be possible to have the relationship he wants with Liz and Agnes, and still have them be safe?
Old 02-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really don't think it's what happened to Mr. Kaplan. Like I said, I saw starting it way earlier... When Liz died, that was the moment where he gave up. He really gave up and he said it himself, he didn't know how a person could live long with what he was feeling.

Marilyn, I'm not sure if it's like you said... I think he saw his mistakes in the past and knows that he almost lost them and that it partly was his fault. But that's just part of it, that's the part why he is so protective. But everybody is telling him that he is the one who brings the dangers into her life. Is that actually true? Would it change if he left? I'm not sure if he's even considering this, if he could make the decision and leave them be without dying slowly. What if it's the only way he could let her go? Dying?

Aga, I noticed that. It's not at all Red... He'd always looked her in the eyes and I'm wondering why he couldn't back then.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

I watched that scene again Aga and you're right. He barely looked at her. He's keeping his distance.

I don't think it would help Lis at all if he left. But she needs to see that the danger would remain.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Kaplan is the source of his deep guilt and they way he feels now. It does bother him but not to this extent where he is taking so many risks now.

Marilyn, I think you could be right. I think Red feels guilty that he couldn't protect Liz and Agnes from Kirk. But I have a feeling there should be more but I just don't know what.

No, I wouldn't help Liz if Red left. At least he is here to protect her. If he would leave, she is all on her own.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

He might leave now that Dembe has said people around him are dying.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a feeling that we are over the leaving part. I think if Red wanted to leave he would have already left.