New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
And he did love Audrey very much and of course he is not completely done grieving for her. He got back with her even though she had left him once and got engaged to someone else - some men might be all butthurt over an issue like that. But he was just so happy and thankful to have her back in his life - the light practically shined out of him during that phase. Even leaving his complicated feelings for Liz aside, he is just not ready to date. At least that's what I believe.
I think she left him because he made mistakes... I think first of all he was the reason why she left, he only was engaged to his job and that was all that counted and when she left him (who could blame her) he realized what he'd lost and so I wasn't surprised he'd go back to her... He loved her, he's always loved her and so it was just logical for him and Audrey getting back together. And while spending time with him again she realized that she wasn't over him either, that she still loved him as well. I'm sure leaving him back then was so hard for her because we all could see she never really stopped loving Ressler as well.

A fan, really? I was hoping for somebody of the crew or cast... But a fan? Really? I doubt he'd let her kiss him on the cheek, right?
Old 01-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I loved Ressler so much in Thursday's episode! He finally saw that he can not protect Liz on his own. That they were trapped in a spider web that is the Cabal. He was stupid for telling Hitchin about Karakurt but he did end up fixing it. And that he would work together with Tom. I never imagined that but I have to see that I liked it very much.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

At the beginning of the episode, I could have killed him! First of all his call with Red. Seriously? Making it about him beating Red. Oh man, I felt like in kindergarden and really was wondering where his principles were there... That's a no go and that's something I for sure will never forget.

Then him going to Hitchin because Reven told him he could trust Hitchin... I was right before banging my head on the desk when he finally realized what a mistake he just made.

And from that moment on, everything changed and please, lets keep it that way because this Ressler I love and like so much more than that stupid 'boy' who seems to never have attended the academy at all.

Oh, and did you realize that Ressler put his gun down!!?? HE PUT HIS GUN DOWN, something that he reported about Liz in season one to get her into trouble. That was good to see!
Old 01-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I was yelling at him for telling Hitchin about Karakurt but at that moment he trusted her and he thought that he was doing the right thing.

He really stepped up as the boss and even though Aram saved Liz's life, Ressler had a big part in it too. And they way he ordered the Director to get out was so awesome!

I can't believe he put his gun down! But I am glad that Tom prevented him from killing Solomon.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
At the beginning of the episode, I could have killed him! First of all his call with Red. Seriously? Making it about him beating Red. Oh man, I felt like in kindergarden and really was wondering where his principles were there... That's a no go and that's something I for sure will never forget.

Then him going to Hitchin because Reven told him he could trust Hitchin... I was right before banging my head on the desk when he finally realized what a mistake he just made.

And from that moment on, everything changed and please, lets keep it that way because this Ressler I love and like so much more than that stupid 'boy' who seems to never have attended the academy at all.

Oh, and did you realize that Ressler put his gun down!!?? HE PUT HIS GUN DOWN, something that he reported about Liz in season one to get her into trouble. That was good to see!
Oh man! I forgot about that Kris! He did report her for doing that in S1. Wow... And he does it to save Tom. I would NEVER guess that would've happened.

I was so over Ressler in the first 10 minutes of the show. I cringed when he said Oh yeah Red, I beat you. Like seriously, writers?? This is about your partner being accused of being a murderous spy and committing acts against the US and you are sitting there saying haha to Red??

But then he did redeem himself later on. I just hope it stays, like you said. I love this Ressler and I think the writers don't understand his character as much as we fans do at times.

Also, I don't see Ressler jumping into a relationship any time soon with another woman. That man is still hurt over losing Audrey like he did. I think he'll have a serious issue with being able to protect whomever he is with against the people he hunts down every day. I think he needs someone who can protect herself against the monsters as much as he can.
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 01-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
I was yelling at him for telling Hitchin about Karakurt but at that moment he trusted her and he thought that he was doing the right thing.
I was like 'Seriously? You can't be serious about that????' and then she says this name and he knows exactly what's going on! That change in his face for realizing Stunning! And that was the moment which I loved him from!

Quote:
He really stepped up as the boss and even though Aram saved Liz's life, Ressler had a big part in it too. And they way he ordered the Director to get out was so awesome!
And how he told Hitchin that he knew! That really impressed me! That's Ressler how we always need him!

Quote:
Oh man! I forgot about that Kris! He did report her for doing that in S1. Wow... And he does it to save Tom. I would NEVER guess that would've happened.
Glad I could remind you of it

Quote:
I was so over Ressler in the first 10 minutes of the show. I cringed when he said Oh yeah Red, I beat you. Like seriously, writers?? This is about your partner being accused of being a murderous spy and committing acts against the US and you are sitting there saying haha to Red??
Glad to hear that you were so super pissed about it as well... That was a scene (actually a sneak peek we got before the episode aired) where I really so was done with Ressler. I was like 'Okay, just get your crap together and leave the show...' It's been really low to bring something like that and I'm wondering why the writers went there
Old 01-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellyChelle (View Post)

Also, I don't see Ressler jumping into a relationship any time soon with another woman. That man is still hurt over losing Audrey like he did. I think he'll have a serious issue with being able to protect whomever he is with against the people he hunts down every day. I think he needs someone who can protect herself against the monsters as much as he can.
I totally agree. And that someone will be Liz. Not right now of course but in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I was like 'Seriously? You can't be serious about that????' and then she says this name and he knows exactly what's going on! That change in his face for realizing Stunning! And that was the moment which I loved him from!
That moment was amazing! I never though he would find out already that Reven was dead let alone that Hitchin killed her. Reven was so smart with choosing her last words otherwise Ressler would have never figured it out so fast.

Quote:
And how he told Hitchin that he knew! That really impressed me! That's Ressler how we always need him!
He really stepped up this episode to the Director and Hitchin and he was so hot while doing that!

x
Old 01-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think she left him because he made mistakes... I think first of all he was the reason why she left, he only was engaged to his job and that was all that counted and when she left him (who could blame her) he realized what he'd lost and so I wasn't surprised he'd go back to her... He loved her, he's always loved her and so it was just logical for him and Audrey getting back together.
It was definitely his fault for her leaving. I'm sorry if I made it sound like it was her mistake. I just think it was commendable that he took the blame without any excuses and was deliriously happy without any resentment when she came back to him. I wish we had gotten to know her a bit more.

Quote:
I am so happy that the writers are finally letting Ressler be the smart, fast-thinking agent he is supposed to be. And yes, I echo your sentiment that he should be kept like that. Pretty please, writers with a cherry on top.

Quote:
I thought he put his gun down because he saw Cooper behind Solomon? Tom was so surprised when Cooper put Solomon down but Ressler wasn't. I may or may not have watched that scene a few times.

Quote:
I agree. I was so frustrated by the scene but he trusted Hitchins because Wright trusted her. As we have seen, Ressler's trust in Wright was more than justified. Wright did her job from beyond the grave. Ressler knows the Cabal is everywhere but how can he possibly know who is in it or isn't? A man could go crazy if he can never trust anyone. Even Red made the mistake of trusting Pee-Wee's character and almost got killed by Solomon for it. Ressler even said that he trusted Hitchins because Wright trusted her.

Quote:
DK did fantastic acting in that scene. The subtle shift in his facial muscles as the realization that he has been betrayed sinks in and then masked swiftly like nothing has happened. Very impressive but subtle acting.

Quote:
He really stepped up this episode to the Director and Hitchin and he was so hot while doing that!
Did you guys see the swagger as he walked back into the PostOffice? Smooth as hell. He was the boss in that scene.

x
Old 01-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt.er (View Post)

DK did fantastic acting in that scene. The subtle shift in his facial muscles as the realization that he has been betrayed sinks in and then masked swiftly like nothing has happened. Very impressive but subtle acting.
He was so fantastic! And that change in his face. Like you said it was very subtle but it was there and it was like everything fell into place for him in that moment.

Quote:
Did you guys see the swagger as he walked back into the PostOffice? Smooth as hell. He was the boss in that scene.
Those gifs! He was so hot in that scene! Very smooth and bossy and I loved it!
Old 01-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)

x
He did I'm really enjoying him being Director, I mean I love Cooper but dang Ressler knows how it's done.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Aww!!! Come on people, show him some love.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

So cute! I tweeted him something back yesterday.

I can't wait to see him in tonight's episode! Hopefully he is going to be as awesome or even more awesome as he was in 3x09.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
So cute! I tweeted him something back yesterday.
Awesome.

Ressler was amazing in this episode and on top of that DK live-tweeted. His banter with MB was so cute.

I am loving this new Ressler who's willing to bend and break any rule for his partner. His deal with the reporter was great - using the media to make sure everybody knew about Karakurt. And that smile on his face when she pushed him into a dinner date.

Can I just talk about how he remained awake all night to keep watch over her? That too after he gave her his jacket to use as a pillow. So sweet.
Then he returned her will when she was finally free as he had promised.

The look in his eyes as he watched Hitchins do her thing makes me apprehensive. He is not going to let her get away. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid to get her, especially now that Red is somehow working with her.
And then he ended the day by giving back the command to Cooper. No hesitation.
"You're the agent I aspire to be" Damned right, Cooper.

I can't wait to see more of this new Ressler.

Last edited by alt.er; 01-15-2016 at 10:43 AM
Old 01-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I didn't think I could love him more than I already do but after this episode I do! Donald Ressler, you are a truly amazing man!

The way he protected Liz and watched over her and looked at her and just everything!

I am going to miss Ressler as AD but I am glad that Cooper is back again so Ressler can do what he does best.

I really loved the twitter convo between Diego and Megan. It made my heart melt. It was so cute!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG! When exactly was the 'kiss a ginger' day? It's so cute that he tweeted something like that.

Quote:
I thought he put his gun down because he saw Cooper behind Solomon? Tom was so surprised when Cooper put Solomon down but Ressler wasn't. I may or may not have watched that scene a few times.
I really only have seen this scene once so I can't tell for sure... I promise to re-watch it again and see what I can see. Hopefully something but it's really possible.

I as well really loved Ressler in 3x10! He was as awesome as he was in 3x09 starting from the point where he figured out about Hitchin.

You know what I thought the most interesting? That he was talking to Cooper when Hitchin gave this press conference and asked him if it wasn't kind of unfair that Hitchin didn't take any responsibility for anything she's done but is just standing there after all of it. The boy scout we saw again in that situation and I loved it. It wouldn't be believable if he changed completely and his scene for justice is so high that this question had to come.

And yes, Ressler giving Cooper the job back really surprised me as well. But yes, I guess the last two episodes especially showed him what the difference between a field agent and the leader is and he prefers the first one. Good for us!
I'm really happy that Ressler isn't AD anymore because I think this position always suited Cooper more than Ressler.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread