Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

"How I wish we lived in a world where kindness wasn't a liability. "
Old 10-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Harold: "I understand you crossing the line for your father. Now, who are you crossing the line for?"
Liz: "A man I've grown to like."
Old 10-11-2019, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
"The next time you want to convince me you've broken my spine, you better break my spine."
I so love that quote! Full at the point

A man I've grown to like Nothing more needed here.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Now let's hope she will keep liking him.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

How many times have I told you? Leave it alone.
I warned you.
Even saying the name Katarina Rostova has consequences, and now you see.
Now you see what that name will make others do.
These questions of yours have gotten their attention, and now they will crawl out of whatever hole they were in, and they will hurt whomever they must just on the chance, just on the notion that she might still be alive.
“What happened?” Elizabeth.
You raised an old ghost, and that’s why your grandfather is dying in a lumberyard.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really love that quote, and Red's face expression when he was saying that to Liz
Old 10-13-2019, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And he was so right telling her that but I don't get that he just doesn't tell her that her mother is still alive. then she knows there is real danger and that she needs to protect herself and her daughter.

Katarina: "If you think those secrets of yours are worth dying for, prove it.If you think those secrets of yours are worth dying for, prove it"
Old 10-13-2019, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's interesting to see which direction it goes... It's really all been done to protect Katarina from the Townsend Directive who are coming for her to kill her. They have been back then (I'm wondering if Velov was one of them) and they are still. Unbelievable it's still active.
And how is Red involved with them? What could he possibly know that could help Katarina?

I get now though why Red was so secretive about Katarina Rostova and everything about Liz's true identity.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

SPOILER FROM LAST EPISODE.

Red: Belgrade.

Katarina: Everything I cared about died that day.

Red: I didn’t want that.

Katarina: I’d made a life for myself, a family. You blew all that up.

Red: I didn’t know.

Katarina: Dom promised me no one would get hurt. Said he loved his child and just wanted her to be safe. Do I seem safe to you? Hunted, chased into the shadows!

Red: I- [ GASPS WEAKLY ] I can’t give you what you want.

Katarina: [ VOICE BREAKING ] What I want – is my family back. No one can give me that back. Least of all you. You can’t give me what I want. But you can give me what I need. You want me to believe you had nothing to do with Belgrade.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, so I bet that Belgrade happened after the night of the fire, right? She had made a life for herself, a family? When she had left Liz's life? I think she tried to start new but wasn't able to because Dom found her? I bet he could have been looking for her.

And he didn't know... That Katarina was there? All that had happened before because he wasn't Ilya but working for Dom. It actually would make sense because Red told Dom once that he wished he was the person he wanted him to be. Something like that at least.

But how does the "Dom promised me no one would get hurt." part fit into that one? You recall that boy that Luther Braxton told Red he killed that day? Maybe that was part of Katarina's family? Braxton was working for Red then...
Old 10-13-2019, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Braxton hung him with Reds necktie.... omg. Omg.

Red: She knows you tried to kill her, Dom. She wants answers, but she also wants revenge. You set her up, betrayed her–
[ Mila has opened a notebook with a child’s writing inside: “Katarina” ]
Mila: Whose is this?
Dom: My daughter’s.
Mila: Katarina. That’s your daughter? Katarina Rostova?
Dom: Put it away, please.
Mila: Your own daughter wants to kill you because you betrayed her?
Red: It’s complicated.
Dom: I never betrayed Katarina. She betrayed me!
Red: Oh, come on. Enough.
Dom: Not just me. Our country, our our values, our entire way of life.
Red: The truth is, Mila, you’ve stumbled headlong into a family squabble. And the Rostov family can be rather eccentric.
Dom: She broke my heart. Made choices I couldn’t understand. What was my response?
Red: [ CHUCKLING ] Wait, what did Tolstoy say about unhappy families?
Dom: Despite all my anger, my frustration, I did what I thought was necessary–
Red: “Happy families are all alike, but every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”
Dom: Did I make mistakes? Yes. Do I deserve to die for them? Eh, maybe. If I die, at least I will go to my grave knowing that I did what I did to protect my own.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 10-13-2019 at 12:13 PM
Old 10-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

The last sentence from Dom really confuses me...

And see, he hung that guy/boy. I really would have to re-watch because I don't remember everything in detail but he harmed somebody there and who knows, maybe it was Katarina's 'family'?

What if Red is the guy that Katarina started new with? What if it was his family, too? He said they were soulmates, right? And he loved her... What if he was the person she started with after she had to run and give up on Masha?
Old 10-14-2019, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Dom said he did what he did to protect his own.

Is he talking about liz? Did he figure Katarina was bringing danger to liz. Was Katarina no longer a daughter to him?

And it seems difficult to think of Katarina moving on and making a life for herself with a new family. I don’t see how that would be possible.

I don’t think the new life was with our Red. He had lost his family way before this I think.

Dom: (EXHALES) Then what are you doing out here? These boxes are all I have… all I have left of my daughter.
Red: I’m sorry, Dom. I understand.
Dom: No, you don’t. You don’t understand. You think because Masha’s dead, now you… you can understand me? (SIGHS) You can… you can share my misery?
Red: I feel bereft, just like you.
Dom: No, not just like me. She’s gone because of choices you made for both of them. First Katarina and then Masha. As far as I’m concerned, you killed my entire family! No, you’re not like me.

Dom: There was nothing complicated about it. We had to back out of Masha’s life to keep her safe, after you made a colossal mess of everything. Only you couldn’t stay well enough away, could you? Now you… you come to my house with this sorry tale of loss, like you’re the only one affected by this. You’re the only one whose feelings matter. Well, guess what, Raymond? Masha was my granddaughter, and now she’s dead without even knowing I existed! (SIGHS) All my sacrifices shot to hell. I could’ve spent the last 30 years just being her grandfather… You selfish prick.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 10-14-2019 at 09:16 AM
Old 10-14-2019, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hm, since we don't know who our Red is I won't speculate about him losing his family before this... We actually know nothing about him but the house, the girl.

Boah, this all makes no sense somehow, does it? I'm so frustrated. Why blame Red when Katarina blames her father?
Old 10-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Katarina was trying to find out if Red was there. She suspected but wasn’t sure. I guess she didn’t see him.

This mystery appears to be totally turning on the Katarina story.

But there has got to be some back story on Red. Yes all we know for sure is the house and the girl. I’ll give you that he could have been making up the Christmas Eve story although that breaks my heart.

It amazes me that in seven seasons we know nothing about Red. His story really has been overtaken by Katarina’s.

I think there’s a reason for it. I think his story is key.