Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2020, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Blacklist Favorite Quotes #10: "Haters gonna hate. That's what they do."

the blacklist quotes
t e n t h • a p p r e c i a t i o n • t h r e a d

Banner by Miranda

-- TOP 3 QUOTES SEASON 1 --

1. "Most of all, I want to sleep. I want to sleep like I slept when I was a boy. Give me that. Just one time."
2. "You know the problem with drawing lines in the sand? With a breath of air, they disappear."
3. "It was Christmas Eve. I pulled off to the side of the road, seemed like it'd been snowing for days. No traffic. No cars to come help. Just me and a car full of gifts. It was more than 20 year ago. I must have walked four miles. Five, maybe. It was so still. Just cold and white. The whole time all I could think about was them in our house. The warm light in the windows. The smoke from the chimney. The sound of my daughter at the piano. The smell of the tree, and the fire, oyster stew on the stove. I was so upset to think that I'd ruined Christmas for them, being late, leaving the gifts in the car. But the closer I got, the more I realized how funny the whole thing was. How much they'd love the story. Daddy running out of gas. How every Christmas they'd get such joy from telling that story at my expense. And then finally, I got there, I walked... I walked through the door. And there was just blood. All I saw was blood. All there was was blood. I can... I can still smell the nape of her neck. Feel her little... fingers on my cheek. Her whisper in my ear."

-- TOP 3 QUOTES SEASON 2 --

1. "When you love someone you have no control. That’s what love is – being powerless."
2. "I told you so."
3. "Be careful, Lizzy. Because the truth of it is, once you start down this road there's no logical place to stop. You can see to her education, health insurance, housing. You can watch her or have her watched. Keep her safe. Try to ascertain her hopes dreams, desires. Pull strings, call in favors to discreetly smooth the path. And for the first few years, it may work. You'll draw some measure of virtue from being her invisible benefactor. But that won't last. It's all a fraud. That it's really not about her at all. That it's all about you. And you're just going through the motions to salve your own guilt. Look, all the money, all the time and effort all the favors in the world cannot possibly equal what you took away from her. Everything else is just a nice gesture."

-- TOP 3 QUOTES SEASON 3 --

1. "It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it."
2. "The people who think they know you they don't really know you at all."
3. "There is some good in the worst of us, and some evil in the best of us."

-- TOP 3 QUOTES SEASON 4 --

1. "I had bullets. He had words. But by the time he was done talking, I truly understood which was more powerful."
2. "I really only have one friend. You’re my friend. And I- I misjudged you in a way that no apology could suffice. I’m ashamed of that."

-- TOP 3 QUOTES SEASON 5 --

1. "I'm scared of you. Now more than ever. Of who you are because it might be who I am too."
2. "I know what it feels like to be seen as less than human. A thing transported for money. You saved me from that. Which is why I know you’ll want me to try and save others."

-- TOP 3 QUOTES SEASON 6 --

1. "My mother understood the problems of the human heart in conflict with itself. So she understood Everything. I’ve taught you to think like a criminal. I should’ve taught you to think like her. I-I should’ve learned to think like her. All those years spent worrying about you – fancying myself your guardian angel. She would’ve taken one look at you and known you’d be fine. And not because of the money I obsessively cobbled together for you but because you have in your life the only thing that matters – people who love you."

future titles

"You have the power to destroy me, but you're offering me a way out because you're blinded by passion."

past titles
"There is some good in the worst of us, and some evil in the best of us"
"Revenge isn't a passion. It's a disease that eats at your mind and poisons your soul."
"Secrets put people in harm's way."
"The truth always comes out. I'm talking about your truth. It was bound to surface."
"Everyone here has a past. Whatever your story is, it's your story alone."
"Haters gonna hate. That's what they do."

previous threads
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 |

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 03-03-2020 at 02:47 AM
Old 01-28-2020, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, thanks so much for the new thread

I'm super happy that we've reached another one. It's really the 10th, huh?
Old 01-28-2020, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt
Old 01-30-2020, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

So what quote can we talk about.

I know

I don’t need agent resslers intelligence. I’m perfectly happy with my own.

And this one I attempted from memory.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Now that I see the OP... I'm reminded on me having to still choose some of my fav quotes

The Ressler one
Old 02-02-2020, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes you still need to do your quotes Kris and we also need to do our S6 quotes. I am going to think about mine.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I barely recall any quotes from season 6. It so sucks. I so badly need a re-watch and I simply don't have the time.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

I Don’t remember S6 either
Old 02-04-2020, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't remember much from S6 either but I just look at a website with TBL quotes.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

I guess my S6 would be Red talking about his mother
Old 02-05-2020, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't even remember that he talked about his mother. That is so bad.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

When luz was there right before the execution. He gets his last meal. Liz says she loves him.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't normally look at that website because some of my fav quotes are never brought over there... That's why I need to have a look at the actual episodes.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Just hearing my Red say the lines make me heart pitter patter.

At all..