Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Assistant Director [Harold Cooper | Harry Lennix] #8: "But after what I did today, the truth is, I don't recognize myself."

the assistant director
Harold Cooper | Harry Lennix
e i g t h • a p p r e c i a t i o n • t h r e a d

x

Harold Cooper is the Assistant Director of the FBI Counterterrorism Division and head of the covert FBI task force assigned to pursue the criminals on Red's Blacklist. He had a particular interest in Reddington's past, and is willing to oblige Reddington's unusual requests due to this understanding of him. He was attacked and put into a coma by Berlin's agents. When Cooper regained consciousness, it is revealed that he has inoperable brain tumor. With the help of his friend, Attorney General Connolly, he entered an experimental drug trial. However, he has had to compromise his ethics and perform various morally dubious tasks for Connolly in order to stay in his favor and remain in the trial. After a few months Cooper discovers that he was never sick and that Tom Connolly set the whole thing up. After he witnesses Liz's murder of Connolly, he tells her to run, and later turns over his badge. Ressler interrogates him to determine his complicity in Connolly's murder, but eventually decides to release him. Cooper is told by Wright that in order for him to have the charges dropped against him, Cooper not only has to resign, but also take a desk job. Although he reluctantly does, Cooper is determined to help Liz clear her name and he teams up with Tom to find Karakurt. Later, Tom brings Karakurt to Cooper's house and they are forced to flee with Charlene when the Cabal sends a team to kill Karakurt. Charlene suggests they hide at their neighbor's cabin, admitting that she had cheated on Cooper with him. Cooper is reinstated as head of the task force after Liz is exonerated. Later, he separates from Charlene.

Banner by Miranda

The fans
01. LOSTCANDY | 02. Amyღ | 03. Matt logan | 04. Deep within me | 05. L i N d $ @ y
06. mycreativityuppedandleft | 07. Lauren Helen Graham | 08. ~MelBelle~ | 09. Miranda | 10. stlavin95
11. cherrypie12345

"The ones that let anger & emotion, prejudice & carelessness affect their behavior are every good cop's worst nightmare."

social media
+twitter

"None of us are the people we were before this task force started. Before Reddington."

"I admire that about you, Harold. I know so many zealots, men and women who choose a side, an ideology by which to interpret the world.
But to get up every single day and do the hard work of deciding what to believe, what’s right today, when to stand up or stand down, that’s courage.
It’s been a privilege, to see firsthand why the people you lead love you the way they do." - Raymond Reddington

the reasons
Because he would do anything for his team.
Because he shares a past with Red we'd love to know about.
Because he isn't as black and white anymore as he used to be.
Because he's been played by Connolly, one of his best friends, as well.
Because he wanted to spend the last of his days with his family.
Because he's a moral code that we all are proud of.
Because he wasn't willing to leak classified information.
Because he tried to save Liz by trying to prevent her from shooting Connolly.
Because he told Liz to run.
Because he'll always be the AD and the head of the task force for us.
Because he considers Liz like a daughter to him.
Because he held a really nice speech at Liz's funeral.

"You didn't let him go. You put him in Reddington's debt, a place I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy."
"You've become more of a liability than an asset."

"But after what I did today, the truth is, I don't recognize myself."

x

future titles
"You want to play the angles? You want to leverage your friends and colleagues, at least have the decency to admit it."
"I'm out. I'm not leaking classified data, not for you, not for anybody."
"You once told me that I was the one person you completely trusted. I violated that trust. I'm sorry, Elizabeth."

past titles
"I lost a dozen people today, Keen! This isn't on you, it's on me!"
"I've crossed my share of lines in this job. I've always told myself that wouldn't be one."
"Guess my principles aren't what they used to be. Neither are yours."
"I'm committed that no one under my command dies during the remainder of my watch."
"You've become more of a liability than an asset."
"The ones that let anger & emotion, prejudice & carelessness affect their behavior are every good cop's worst nightmare."
"But after what I did today, the truth is, I don't recognize myself."

previous threads
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 |

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 03-29-2019 at 06:35 AM
Old 08-27-2018, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, thanks so much for the new one It was waiting for you a while now
Old 08-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. Good work needs some time.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah yeah...

So, Cooper, here we go again and hope for a really good storyline for you in the upcoming season Some involvement in Red's past would be fantastic
Old 08-28-2018, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be fantastic. He deserves a good storyline!
Old 08-29-2018, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

He does. Some involvement would be great and therewith I don't mean just as the boss
Old 08-29-2018, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you mean. Something like his storyline when he was sick but without him being sick and dying.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

He has a history with real Red and I think this Red. I would love to learn the story.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he only has history with our Red and not the real one. I don't know why but that is what I think.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hm, I really don't know who he has history with... I can't say. I would say with our Red as well... For the real Red, I think him too young somehow.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I think he would too young as well. Cooper I mean.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

He was on a mission to rescue the real Red. But I don't think they met. But I do think Cooper very young then
Old 09-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hm, I really can't tell. I still think Cooper is younger than Red, but not too much I guess. It's hard to tell, really.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

You know since we're getting close to these episodes, I have no idea why the writers decided his wife should have an affair. That was unnecessary
Old 09-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes that was totally unnecessary. And they showed us that and now we don't even know whether they are still married or if they got divorced.