Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Assistant Director [Harold Cooper|Harry Lennix] #3: "I've crossed my share of lines in this job. I've always told myself that wouldn't be one."

Harold Cooper | Harry Lennix
3rd A P P R E C I A T I O N T H R E A D

X

Harold Cooper is the Assistant Director of the FBI Counterterrorism Division and head of the covert FBI task force assigned to pursue the criminals on the Blacklist.
He had a particular interest in Reddington's past, and is willing to oblige Reddington's unusual requests due to this understanding of him.
He was attacked and put into a coma by Berlin's agents.
When Cooper regained consiousness, it is revealed that he has inoperable brain tumor.
With the help of his friend, Attorney General Connolly, he entered an experimental drug trial.
However, he has had to compromise his ethics and perform various morally dubious tasks for Connolly in order to stay in his favor and remain in the trial.
After a few months Cooper discovers that he was never sick and that Tom Connolly set the whole thing up.

x

The fans

01. LOSTCANDY
02. Keroppi
03. Matt logan
04. Deep within me
05. L i N d $ @ y
06. mycreativityuppedandleft
07. Lauren Helen Graham
08. ~MelBelle~

X

Quote of the moment

"You don't know me. My doctors recently detected a mass in within the left hemisphere
of my brain. An inoperable tumor. Within a matter of weeks it will kill me.
This has clarified a number of priorities for me. Among those priorities,
nothing is more important to me than the safety of my collegues.
I'm committed that no one under my command dies during the remainder
of my watch. And I would do anything within my power to honor that commitment.
Episode 2x14

x

The reasons

Because he would do anything for his team.
Because he shares a past with Red we'd love to know about.
Because he isn't as black and white anymore as he used to be.
Because he's been played by Connolly, one of his best friends, as well.
Because he wanted to spend the last of his days with his family.
Because he's a moral code that we all are proud of.
Because he wasn't willing to leak classified information.
Because he tried to save Liz by trying to prevent her from shooting Connolly.
Because he told Liz to run.
Because he'll always be the AD and the head of the task force for us.

Banner by Miranda

Future titles

"I've informed the Bureau. It's time to be with my family."
"If anything happens to those agents, the next time your phone rings, it'll be the Attorney General calling."
"You perjured yourself for one of your team. I admit I didn't expect that."
"Harold is so proud, the idea that you and the others feeling sorry for him..."
"But after what I did today, the truth is, I don't recognize myself."
"You want to play the angles? You want to leverage your friends and colleagues, at least have the decency to admit it."
"I told the judge that you were on that ship for official business, under oath."
"It sounds like you're suggesting that all of this information should somehow impact my investigation..."
"...which can't be true because we've known each other too long for you to cross that line."
"I'm out. I'm not leaking classified data, not for you, not for anybody."
"What little time I have left, I don't want to spend it sitting in a car, blubbering with you."
"You once told me that I was the one person you completely trusted. I violated that trust. I'm sorry, Elizabeth."
"You can take your pills and your clinical trial. I would rather die than be part of this."
"Guess my principles aren't what they used to be. Neither are yours."
“All things are never equal.”
"I'm committed that no one under my command dies during the remainder
of my watch."
"I lost a dozen people today, Keen! This isn't on you, it's on me!"
"I've crossed my share of lines in this job. I've always told myself that wouldn't be one."

Previous threads

01 |02 |

X

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 12-22-2015 at 03:10 AM
Old 06-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt Can I be added please? Cooper stole my heart the second half of this season.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I added you
Btw, am I allowed to ask what your name is? I'm Kris.

And I added me as well since the same happened to me, he stole my heart during the second half of this season. He was stunning!
Old 06-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Thank you. Of course you can, it's Alitia or Ali for short if you like

We got all sides of Cooper this season. Angry Cooper is kind of scary
Old 06-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ali sounds great Then Ali it is

Exactly! Cooper was really brought to the front of the show with his story line. I didn't see it coming and somehow didn't expect him to became that center to the main problem of season 2 but he had and I love it. He went through all the emotions and where he stands now, what he did, I totally love him for every single word he said or action he took
Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Kris!

Welcome to the thread Ali! It's great to have you here to.

I always liked Cooper but this season I really started to love him. Like you said he should use so many sides of himself that we never saw and that is what makes him so interesting and I am so glad he is not sick and that he will be around for S3!
Old 06-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Thank you.

Yes before he was just kind of in charge and giving orders, a character of strength and then that got taken away from him, and so naturally fear and vulnerability set in which leads to the manipulation. It was nice to see him so involved. I'm looking forward to seeing where his character goes from the finale. Any thoughts?
Old 06-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am really curios to see which way his character will go. I am afraid he will be in jail cause they think that he killed Connolly.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

tftnt Kris

I am so glad that Cooper has a new thread I am really forward to seeing how things worked out for him last season.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love it that Cooper made such a hugh development last season. I hope that will continue next season.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yes me too. I will disappointed if they just drop his character in season three the way they did Ressler in season two.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ali, I think Cooper being arrested and him fighting to get out at first will be a main topic in the first half of season 3... I'm wondering though that if his innocence is proven, he'll want to go back to be AD or if (after all he's learned) would prefer to stay out of it. Not sure what they'd do with him then.

I'm also wondering where he stands with Liz now. He didn't want to loose that woman and he did when she shot Connolly. Do you think it changed their relationship?
Old 06-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I'm wondering though that if his innocence is proven, he'll want to go back to be AD or if (after all he's learned) would prefer to stay out of it. Not sure what they'd do with him then.
This never even crossed my mind but maybe you could be right. Maybe after all this happened he doesn't want to have any part in all of it. The thought he was on death's door and maybe this whole thing made him change his prespective on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I'm also wondering where he stands with Liz now. He didn't want to loose that woman and he did when she shot Connolly. Do you think it changed their relationship?
I really hope it won't change their relationship. I think he can understand where she was coming for. I won't day that he agrees with what she did though.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I wonder if they are going to do a parallel between Cooper and Liz trying to clear their names.

With Cooper going through the system and all the proper channels and with Liz doing against the system and using all the wrong tactics.

Who will be more successful faster? At what point does one realize that they choose the wrong path (proper channels vs criminal channels) and decide to switch tactics?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope they will do a parallel. In this case I think Liz will be faster with clearing her name cause the Cabal owns almost everything in the system and that is not going to be in Cooper advantage.

Here are Cooper's new section titles. If you add them in the first part of the title will automatic get the color of the OP.

Quote of the moment
The fans
The reasons
Future titles
Previous threads