Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2021, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

8x21: "NACHALO" Episode Discussion Thread (06/16/2021 @ 10PM)

8x21 | Nachalo
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
When Reddington takes Liz to the mysterious epicenter of his empire, their shared past reveals itself and long buried secrets are divulged.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone know why the episode is airing tonight and not on Friday?
Old 06-16-2021, 05:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Does anyone know why the episode is airing tonight and not on Friday?
Miranda, I don't know right now the reason it wasn't on last Friday, but I know that when I checked the shows that were on in Blacklist's time slot, there was some event (I've long since forgotten), that was on for several hours. And then also the season finale will be on next Wednesday (not this Friday) and when I looked at what was on this Friday in Blacklist's time slot, it had several hours of the US Open golf, followed by hours of Olympic Trials. Anyway, a friend of mine was shocked that it wasn't on last Friday since she had missed the notice that came on the closing of the previous episode that said the next episode would be Wednesday, June 16...so if she missed it, I'm betting a lot of folks missed that announcement as well. Anyway, don't forget tonight and next Wednesday. I'm expecting a LOT of answers to our questions to come out.

Last edited by Jenny Heartland; 06-16-2021 at 06:15 PM
Old 06-16-2021, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Oh god Redarina is gonna happen.

I am literally praying to be wrong

Please let this be a sick joke on the Redarina crowd.

I don’t even care who he is. Don’t tell me. Just keep it to yourself.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 06-16-2021 at 08:30 PM
Old 06-17-2021, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I sooo badly fear that Redarina is going to happen as well I'm praying we are wrong as well but I guess that's it in the end...

Marilyn, I'm all with you about the 'Just keep it to yourself'!
Old 06-17-2021, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

Darn it Kris. That’s now what you were supposed to say. You were supposed to say that I am absolutely wrong! That the show is pushing it too hard so that means it’s a misdirect.

Here’s my new theory I’m borrowing from Tumblr. Katarina became Ivan Stepanov. They are the same height and build. And red is anybody else but katarina.

The only thing that brought me any kind of joy was knowing the person red killed was not Katarina and was using Liz. And only learns of her because she kept asking questions.

And Liz didn’t turn the tracker off. Sigh.

I don’t think I will be back next season if Redarina is true. I’ve read lizzington fanfic. I’ve thought about them as a couple. I’m not a shipper but I could see it.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sooooo Katarina ereased Liz's memories about the night of the fire. Not Red.

The woman we thought was Katarina wasn't! I remember that we did talk about that in the beginning that she might not be the real Katarina. Guess we were right after all.

Now we still don't know who Red is!!!! But I was so scared when Katarina said she constructed Red to protect Liz.. I was yelling Redarina.. I really don't want this to be true!!! I can't live with that. There must be so other explanation.. There has to be.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

My thoughts:

Our Red was young angry and out for revenge. He says that was how he was when he found dembe. That man is nowhere in this story.

He says he had a relatively normal life. That man is not in the story.

He tells Donald that your loved one is the first thing you think about until they are the second. That man is not in the story.

Diane fowler says she knows what happened to his family. No evidence of that in this story from last night.

Red tells Liz he can’t get answers without her. No one in last nights story needs answers.

I was upset last night. But now I am convinced they are not going the Redarina route.

I beleive Katarina got someone to be Red. Or there is more to this that we are missing.

Why would red blow up bubble girls house. But Katarina say she was uncomfortable being there.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

I'm very anxious to get answers, plus this is Liz's last episode. I wonder how she will exit
Old 06-17-2021, 05:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
I'm very anxious to get answers, plus this is Liz's last episode. I wonder how she will exit
Hi Janice. I'm just wondering how you know this was Liz's last episode. I'm assuming I missed something (as is usual for me!).

Other than that, I'm still in Information Overload mode from that episode so I plan to go back and watch it again. I mean for one thing I'm still puzzled as to who Liz's actual father is. Katarina had that back and forth and mentioned as I recall 3 possibilities and for the life of me I didn't grasp who it actually was and was too tired to back it up to re-listen! (sigh)

Anyway, I may or may not be back with some thoughts/theories after viewing the eppy one more time...I sure appreciated reading all of your thoughts even though I was a bit puzzled by some of them as well (again as usual for mel!) For example, I don't know what you mean by it's going to be Redarina. You can't mean she became a man who is our Red can you? Well, it sure would make sense when we saw how Red promised the world if only that person would help get injured Liz some medical help...I'll give you anything you want, just name it, etc. That does sound like a mother's love. Anyway, maybe I'm grasping at straws but that's all my little pea brain could come up with when I read Kris and Marilyn think it's going to be Redarina. So much to digest from that episode...I did love it a lot. Um, but for now, all that information makes my head hurt so I think I need a nap!
Old 06-17-2021, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jenny, you should check out the News thread here some more Megan is going to exit the show after this season, so next week will be her last episode.

Janice, I'm anxious to get answers as well... I still can't imagine how it all will turn out. Worse though, how are they going to continue with the show

Marilyn, I'm so with you. I believe with all my heart that there is no Redarina. I was so shocked and afraid at first as well. Katarina burning the night of the fire, her in that house Red blew up and so on... But honestly, it's too obvious and some things just don't fit. Like Katarina being there one weekend and Red saying that he raised his family there. It doesn't fit and I hope it's not just all a big mistake!?
And yes, where is the normal life, Red was talking about? Katarina never had that. NEVER.

Oh, anybody else that was surprised that Ilya got Liz out of the burning house?

What really disappointed me was that bubble girl is supposed to be Jennifer? Seriously?

I'm really disappointed that Dom was the bad guy here That's so not okay IMO. He blamed Red that he killed his daughter. Did he really? Or what did that mean back then? All the Dom stuff confuses me.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:18 AM
New Fan

Newbie Here.

Never read any chat forum theories or discussions before the latest Blacklist episode.

My overwhelming sense after watching the episode was they are leading up to Red being Katarina...I tossed and turned all night with weird dreams that this was the direction the show was going. I thought this was an original thought that no one else had considered....now I read that it's been a theory for quite some time.

After shows like LOST that left a million unanswered or conflicting conclusions I see no logical reason not to think this "Redarina" theory is true.

One question: Who else could Red be? Every major player in the story arc has their explanations. Is RED just "some guy" from Katerinas past...Or do they create a NEW mythology around a NEW character and continue the show from that standpoint because the LIZ story arc is finished with Megan Boone leaving the show?
Old 06-18-2021, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Hopefully, Liz will have a good outcome from the gunshot. I'm actually surprised the show will continue without her but I'm glad it is. Possibly, Red will make a deal with the FBI to continue to provide information about the Blacklist in return for Liz's freedom. That would be a good way for her to exit and the show to continue. Personally, I really like Liz but it has been proven that Red can carry the show
Old 06-18-2021, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Jenny, Lizs father is the real Raymond Reddington also who Liz shot and killed the night of the fire. And yes the Redarina theory is that Katarina became Raymond Reddington. And that just so doesn’t work because as far fetched as TBL can be(male pregnancy) Redarina doesn’t work. Red is taller than Katarina and a woman just can’t mimic that voice. They should have picked a different actor who’s voice was not like spader if they wanted that to be. Believable.

Kris I was surprised Ilya got her out. But she ran back in and Katarina went after her.

Did you guys pick up on the other man who was there. We don’t know him. And Liz has said several times to red that “he was there the night of the fire”

Welcome just a view! We don’t know who red could be. At this point he could be anyone but Katarina and I would be happy.

I have always believed our red was connected more to RR than Katarina And RR made a statement in the episode that he had started spying on Katarina and something like all that double life was very confusing. Not saying our red was RR, but that maybe more was going in from that side of things.

The thing is the first two seasons were all about red... what happened to him, the family he lost, why he was there.

Then in S3 it’s a complete turn to Katarina and Lizs story and I think they did that to drag things out. I don’t think we are even close to who red is. Maybe we get back to that next season.

Janice, I imagine red is going to change Lizs identity and hide her.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

I havn't been reading spoilers about the show until this last episode aired. One thing is for sure, whoever Red really is has certainly invested a lot into Liz's life. To me, who else would go through all that than a mother or father I really believe Red is her mother. It's been pointed out that Red has some serious health problems and maybe that is why he resurfaced in her life. I think if Megan weren't leaving the show they would probably drag this out even longer