Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2021, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

8x15: "THE RUSSIAN KNOT" Episode Discussion Thread (04/30/2021 @ 8PM)

8x15 | The Russian Knot
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
The Task Force hatches a plan to steal a Soviet-era cipher machine needed to decrypt coded messages. Townsend puts Liz’s loyalty to the test. Red and Dembe are called to an unexpected meeting.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So another episode with a number. I didn't expect to get 3 episodes in row without a number!

So Anne really died. I had a tiny little bit of hope that she survived.. and Red is blaming himself for it. I expected that but if anybody is responsible for this it's Liz!

When Red was on the bench in park. I felt so sorry for him that he lost Anne.

And yet again Ressler let himself get used by Liz! I can't believe he is still so blind to it all! He knows that Liz has lied and deviced.. I am glad that Cooper lied to him and didn't trust his judgement about Liz.

Okay so the message.. what do you guys think about it?
Old 05-01-2021, 05:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah but Ressler wasn´t wrong, Cooper was. If I got this right, Red gave them a false message and Liz is the one who did not lie to them. So the only one who fooled the task force is Red again. If I try to accept that Liz is a criminal now, I need to add that she was very smart!

I was a little bit disappointed that Anne´s death just was a minor matter. I hoped there will be more shown of Red's sadness. Her death is his responsibility as well, Dembe warned him not to meet her and he was right.

I have no idea what that message means... much more I have no idea what content season nine will be... and why the hell they need to stretch it like that.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Aww Anne , I didn't want this to be the case. I was so hoping the writers wouldn't go this way..Red had that little bit of his life where he could live normally and now that is all gone. Annoyed that it had to go this way, other options they could have gone and they chose this

Ressler, seriously how did he become and FBI agent, he is a laughing stock. I'm glad that Cooper and Park still know how to be a FBI agent, they got their heads on straight. So hoping Park was going to kick Liz's ass, but alas..

I'm glad that Glen's Mum made another appearence and is carrying on in Glen's name..

The scene between Red and Anne's daughter

I have no idea what the message means, I have this big feeling though that Red is not N-13, been thinking that the past few eppy's.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

So Liz was bat **** crazy last week and able to plan a heist this week. Really. Wow. And no kAplan hallucinations. Sigh.

Ressler is stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I don’t know Easter, I’m not sure I think cooper was wrong. Cooper was right to try to catch Liz. She’s a criminal. Yes I think red set it up. But I’m still on his side in this. I got nothing for Liz. I mean If I followed the show. Liz got info about the messsge from her mother. That means her mother was involved. I don’t know. I just think reds the good guy here. Or at least that he’s not N13. I think Liz is wrong about this and red is using this against her. Maybe. Who knows anymore?

Easter my main thing with Liz is this whole idea of how she’s this mastermind of everything and equal to red and even Townsend at all this. Just unbelievable.

I can’t believe she’s aligned with Townsend. And how did she explain not killing red.

I also didn’t get how red and cooper are friends again. This show makes my head spin. I really thought they were working together and using Ressler becuase they know he’s a weak link. Red is right that Townsend will not hesitate to kill the task force. It seemed like cooper at least knew about the attack on red

Omg Paula! I love her!

Yes we needed more about Anne. I needed more. When red met her daughter my heart just broke. And he took the blame again

Last edited by Fangirl49; 05-02-2021 at 03:15 PM
Old 05-02-2021, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oookay, so I'm the only one here who thinks that Anne is still alive? How else would you explain Red's saying of "Anne had a daughter... HAS a daughter."? I somehow believe she's still alive and they only told her daughter about her being dead because they had to get her a new identity and move her to a place where she is safe and can never be found. I know, it might be wishful thinking but still. This struck me.

Aside from that I wasn't a big fan of the episode.

I completely disagree with you, Easter. Cooper wasn't a fool. He was going after a criminal, in this case Liz, and he was right to do so because they don't have a deal with her.

And common, it's way too easy to assume that this proves Red to be N-13. It reminds me of the DNA test back in season 4. I don't believe he is N-13. I never did.

Ressler, man, I have no words for him anymore. He is just annoying the hell out of me. Same as Aram... Park and Cooper seem to be the only ones still with brains here.

How could Liz in the first place team up with Townsend? It's still unbelievable. Besides I want to know why she didn't kill Red. Such a crap, all of it.

Paula, she is my new favorite!!!
Old 05-03-2021, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I did think that concerning Anne too, but then when Red saw her daughter, I thought different, but you never know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

Ressler, man, I have no words for him anymore. He is just annoying the hell out of me. Same as Aram... Park and Cooper seem to be the only ones still with brains here.

How could Liz in the first place team up with Townsend? It's still unbelievable. Besides I want to know why she didn't kill Red. Such a crap, all of it.

Paula, she is my new favorite!!!
ITA to all .

I'm glad we have the memory of Glen in bringing Paula into the fold...

Ressler is so getting on my nerves too, he really is...
Old 05-03-2021, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

Kris, I had the same thought about Anne. Especially since we didn’t really get a scene with Red grieving. Maybe that’s why they moved through it so fast. I’m hopeful but unsure. Just the fact that red seemed able to move forward made me think she was alive.

And I did love dembe telling red about Paula. That was funny. I’m so glad she’s on reds team. That made me happy.

It made me mad when Liz and park fought. It seemed like park couldn’t fight and we know she can.

Aram and Ressler still choosing Liz. Omg. Call me sick of it.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

So we agree that we haven't given up all hope for Anne being alive yet? I can live with that. I guess shall she be alive we'll find out at some point.

Oh yes, Liz and Park... Hm, it wasn't one of my favorite scenes but lets be honest, in the end Park had the upper hand. Although it didn't turn out successful in the end we all know that Park would have done it had Liz not gotten help.

I just ignore all the crap coming from the task force regarding Liz. I'm so done with most of them.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Me too concerning the task force..
Old 05-04-2021, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait, you guys think Anne is still alive? I mean it could be since we never actually saw her dead body.. oh I hope she is still alive!

Park and Liz fighting. I was cheering on Park. I really wanted her to beat the crap out of Liz. Too bad she didn't. We all know she can put up a mean fight.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I'm hoping... and so was I
Old 05-04-2021, 05:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

You know what, I’m totally with you guys regarding Anne…in fact, she is pretty much the only thing I’m concerned about/interested in at this point. I initially had a fleeting thought that she might still be alive, but when I considered how dangerous her life would be as Red’s lady friend, I kind of ruled it out. But after reading your thoughts, I decided to give it another think. Now I’m thinking yeah, they brushed over her death pretty quickly given that she’s been such a huge component in Red’s life in recent episodes. So if she were really gone, surely they would have given us a brief view of a hospital scene where she wouldn’t make it, then a brief view of a funeral and some kind of scene where Red could properly grieve and show us his devastation with her being gone out of his life forever. But they didn’t do that…and why bring in Anne’s daughter as a new character in the story when Red could have easily just mentioned to Dembe that he’s going to financially take care of Anne’s daughter. Okay, but if Anne is actually still alive, I agree with Kris that Red would have to set her up somewhere new, but with his global contacts, resources and know-how, he could easily do that and then when things cool down, level with the daughter and get them reunited. So I’m at least leaning to the possibility she’s still with us. I will be SO disappointed if we find out Friday that she’s truly gone!! The show really did introduce a character for Red and all of us to love and care about. She’s been great!

Ok, now Liz. Ressler and Aram. I’m done…they’re making judgments using their emotions, not even a little bit of skepticism after all she’s done?!! Give me a break...she’s been a conniving person using them and doing all manner of evil as she stuck with her tunnel vision of wanting to destroy Reddington. I say enough! She’s a user and she has used them both over and over so I’m done with her.

And again, I think Park really gets it, so these days I’m totally Team Park!

And yes, Paula! How adorable is she, but beneath the surface I think she also is very very savvy, just like Glen was. I mean she’s the one who probably taught Glen how to get things accomplished and to be pretty dang indispensable to Red, and it sounds like she’s going to step right into that role for him. And of course we’ll continue to see Red’s little frustrations as he’s dealing with her like he did with Glen (which I find very charming actually) but will come to totally trust her abilities to come through with any assignment he gives her. What a cool addition she is among the usually surly, evil characters we all generally see.

Okay, looking forward to the next eppy…hope it’s less of Liz but more of Anne and Paula!!!
Old 05-04-2021, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, Jenny, I don't expect to see Anne again anytime soon if at all this season. Shall she be still alive I guess it'll be later on that we learn or maybe even see her again But just 'IF' she is still alive. It's all pure speculation so far.

All of us cheering for Park That's pretty funny.

And yes, Miranda, I still think she could be alive. I will give up hope when it's made fully clear that she is dead.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Kris. Yeah, I totally get that we may never see Anne again, I just wanted so badly to figure out a scenario where she actually COULD pop up again at some point. And I agree that if by some miracle she did survive, like you mentioned, that it may very well be a while before we'd actually see her again. I can see the writers thinking something like, "Let's have the fans assume she's dead and then when they've all accepted that as fact, we can have her show up in an episode when they least are expecting it." So yeah, dang it, she's likely gone, but I'm with you, Miranda,Crazy Diamond, FanGirl and Easter (and I would guess most fans of the show) in hoping against hope we get to see her again. (sigh)

One quick thing I meant to share earlier that I found so endearing when Anne tried to save Red, was that in all likelihood, Liz being an FBI agent probably had heavy duty, concentrated training in martial arts, and other fighting/survival techniques (guessing here),and of course clearly would have outmatched Anne's abilities in that regard. But nevertheless, Anne did her best in trying to help Red by knocking the gun out of Liz's hand. I mean, come on, is there anything further that could possibly endear her more to us?!! I rest my weary case.