Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2021, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

8x13: "ANNE" Episode Discussion Thread (04/16/2021 @ 8PM)

8x13 | Anne
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
Red enjoys a quiet visit with a friend (guest star LaChanze) at her home in rural America.

“The Blacklist” is starring James Spader (Raymond ‘Red’ Reddington), Megan Boone (Elizabeth Keen), Diego Klattenhoff (Donald Ressler), Hisham Tawfiq (Dembe Zuma), Amir Arison (Aram Mojtabai) and Harry Lennix (Harold Cooper).
Old 04-16-2021, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Why is my takeaway that anything james Spader says makes me think about sex?
Old 04-17-2021, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^

I really loved this episode! It was so nice to see Red and Anne together! He can really be his true self with her. I just wish that who he is, what he does, didn't put her in danger. I was so happy she survived all this but now that Liz has gotten to her, I don't know what will happen to her..
Old 04-17-2021, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

I’m going to start by saying that I have no idea what red was thinking or why he took such a risk with Anne. That was so OOC for him. He would never put himself at risk like that and certainly not an innocent. I watched the episode wondering What is red thinking? Becuase he was so obviously wrong. Even dembe told him his own rule about patterns.

I went into the ep wondering how they would bring Anne back only to learn red was visiting her. What was he thinking. And I swear if he did it to give Liz a pattern to follow so she could catch him, I am going to be furious.

So I have stated that I know red was wrong. And now I am going to say that this is one of my all time favorite episodes. Ok. There. I loved it, absolutely loved it.

I loved seeing red with Anne. I love their relationship. I love that she loves him. And the ending. After everything she went through. She wanted to leave with him. And my heart broke. Becuase that’s all I have ever wanted for red and Liz. Just for Liz to see the man he is and love him enough for that to be enough. Now I doubt we ever get that from Liz.

I loved seeing him dance with her. And when she pushed him against the wall. Yep, you go girl. He trusted her to fall asleep in her lap and she stepped in front of him when her friend was going to capture him

So i am going to ignore that red knew better than this. That he would never do this. And never mention it again.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

For me, this was far and away the best episode of the season

I loved seeing Anne and Raymond together , they are such a lovely couple . Also Red saying he can finally be himself with her. Wonderful scenes with them...

Those last 15 mins though , I did think Anne might get caught in the crossfire. I loved that Anne, despite when she learned, still loved Red and hearing their song in the car, Red going back

Liz , I tell you if Liz harms Anne in any way

It was such a welcome change with a Red eppy with some Dembe. Can we have that every week..

Also loved the eppy title too..
Old 04-17-2021, 10:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Whoa, yeah! One of the best episodes ever, I agree with you! However, I’m pretty sure my take on it is way different than yours…and I’ll only share it if you promise not to come and beat me up. Deal? I admit it’s a little bit wacky, a little bit out there, is kind of a reach, but it did cross my mind so thought I’d risk sharing it with you guys. I like YOUR take on Anne SO, SO much BETTER!!

Here goes: I truly believe that Anne has developed feelings for Red and vice versa. The whole dang episode was just the sweetest ever between them! However, that last scene when Red surprised her by coming back to the house only to find Elizabeth there, I didn’t think anything differently about Anne, UNTIL I saw the preview of the next episode and heard what I’m guessing is Anne’s voice! (And I could be totally mistaken for sure!)

First of all, the horrified look on Anne’s face could be due to the fact that while she has been aware of Elizabeth’s plan to locate him, she didn’t anticipate that she would develop feelings for Red, and so now she’s horrified that she agreed to help Elizabeth because she doesn’t want him to die! And right after they showed a closeup of Anne’s face looking horrified, they then showed I assume Elizabeth’s arm stretched out toward Red and holding a gun. So that's when my evil mind started thinking that Elizabeth and Anne could have been in cahoots, so Anne alerted Elizabeth that he was there and now she doesn’t want to go along with Elizabeth’s plan of killing him…you know, since she truly has come to love him.

Now…here is where I want to tell you that I HOPE I’M WRONG!! I loved the peace, solace and comfort Anne was able to give Red, something I don’t think we’ve ever seen Red have before. He’s always been in the position of having to watch his back and so the peace he’s had in those five visits with Anne that he mentioned has been such a treat for not just him but also for all of us to see. So I honestly hope she is the kind of person she appears to be and that she'll be a running new character on the show (for Red's sake).

The reason I hate my theory, is that her voice in the preview (if it was even her voice) sounded angry and evil and like her true self is maybe NOT the sweet, lovely person she has portrayed herself to be. So there, I’ve said it and I’m SORRY to be such a stinkin’ cynic! I honestly hope we all haven’t been duped by Anne, and that as soon as we see the next episode I will be running away from you guys with my tail between my legs yelling, “I’m sorry I doubted her, I'll never doubt her again, please don’t hurt me!!"

I have to admit that seeing Anne's name in the title of the show, which is usually only for actual blacklisters (at least I think that's the case, correct me if I'm wrong), is when I first had a thought that Anne could be someone other than who she was portraying herself to be, like the head of some syndicate or something.

You guys are the best, thanks for listening to my evil rant, and once again, PLEASE let me be totally wrong! P.S. When Red doesn't show up to meet Dembe like they planned, Dembe will hopefully get there to help Red out of whatever situation he's in!
Old 04-18-2021, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

So you guys, I'm so with you about loving this episode soooo much! It definitely was one of the best ever on the show

First of all I need to comment on Jenny's post though Jenny, nobody will ever be not nice to you, so no worries. You can bring over the craziest theories (believe me, we've all been there ) and it would be totally fine. I just want to tell you that the voice we hear in the promo is not Anne's but Mr. Kaplans... And second, the name Anne as a title without a number means she's not a blacklister and I believe with my whole heart that Anne isn't working with Liz at all. I fear though she'll fall victim to that war between Red and Liz in the end And that would sooo crush me!

Okay, back to the episode... Damn, where to start. Red and Anne. HOT! What was that, huh???? What an episode. This was perfection and man, how would I like to get such an ending for Red on the show.

Anne, you gave me hope. She was willing to carry his burdens as well and that's all I even wanted for Red. One person to be there for him like that and still love him for who he is. She is the only female one on the show that wanted to know the truth to carry it with him and not just because it would give her satisfaction. It was what I had hoped and wished for Liz to do one day. But that hope is long gone. So there comes this woman and gives it back to me to some degree.

Marilyn, I totally get what you mean... It all being so OOC for Red. I was wondering about it as well and damn, the fifth time. I would even want to know how and why he decided to meet her again after their last call when he stood her up on that theater date.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Jenny, nothing wrong with your theory there. With this show, every theory is on the table. I so want Anne to be just Anne though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I fear though she'll fall victim to that war between Red and Liz in the end And that would sooo crush me!

Okay, back to the episode... Damn, where to start. Red and Anne. HOT! What was that, huh???? What an episode. This was perfection and man, how would I like to get such an ending for Red on the show.

Anne, you gave me hope. She was willing to carry his burdens as well and that's all I even wanted for Red. One person to be there for him like that and still love him for who he is. She is the only female one on the show that wanted to know the truth to carry it with him and not just because it would give her satisfaction. It was what I had hoped and wished for Liz to do one day. But that hope is long gone. So there comes this woman and gives it back to me to some degree.

I am fearing that as well, and I hope we are both wrong. When Red told Anne about his postcard, I thought that's it, that's the ending I want for Red, reuniting with Anne .

and ITA about Anne, she knew some of his life and still stood by him, still loved him...

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 04-19-2021 at 01:57 AM
Old 04-18-2021, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, I soooo hope that we are both wrong as well I'm so afraid and it will break my heart shall she die. Imagine her dying by Liz's hand. There would be no way Red and Liz could ever be the same as they were before. They can't at all but if she crosses this line... This would be dramatic.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Jenny, speaking as the queen of theories that are out there, you can truly speculate all you want on this site. The people here are always kind even when they are rolling their eyes at you. Hahaha!

The same idea crossed my mind as yours, that Anne is working with Liz. And that red figured it out and went along with it to get to Liz. I also thought that red did all this visiting Anne to set a pattern that Liz would follow and he could stop her.

And believe me I hate both ideas. I want to be wrong about it becuase I love Anne and this episode

And yeah if either idea is right, I will pretend it’s wrong and believe what I want to believe.

So I saw this elsewhere: but you guys remember the “Cindy” who made the cake. She met Anne through a fender bender and had the cabin in the woods. I think that is Liz.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 04-18-2021 at 07:34 AM
Old 04-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Oh yes, I soooo hope that we are both wrong as well I'm so afraid and it will break my heart shall she die. Imagine her dying by Liz's hand. There would be no way Red and Liz could ever be the same as they were before. They can't at all but if she crosses this line... This would be dramatic.
Me too , Red needs Anne and Anne needs Red. If Liz did that, the line would definitely be crossed..
Old 04-18-2021, 03:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

You guys really are the best! Thank each one of you for your kind words about my yukky theory! Kris, thanks also for the info about a number being included with the name in the title only when it’s actually a blacklister…I had no idea! Also, when you told me the voice in the preview was Mr. Kaplan, I immediately turned on my DVR and listened to it again, and yay!! You’re SO RIGHT, it IS WITHOUT A DOUBT Mr. Kaplan!! I was SO relieved!! In my mind she died when she jumped off that bridge into the river a long time ago but apparently she’s back! Good grief, how in the world did I miss THAT?!!

And Fangirl, you are SO queen of the deep in your own theory, the one where for a minute you thought maybe Red was playing along all this time…you know, faking it so he could set a pattern that Dembe warned him about…just so Liz would locate him and he could finally confront her in person. You are DEEP, girl!!! That never even crossed my mind so you get the prize on that one! Ha!! Oh and your thought about the “Cindy” in the eppy who made the cake actually being Elizabeth! Whoa girl, yet another good catch! I hadn’t thought that far along whatsoever but you’re likely right! Oh, and your first comment about people on this board being so super kind that they wouldn’t put me down even if they were rolling their eyes at me. I do admit though that I thought I felt a whole bunch of eyes rolling as I was typing out my theory! Ok, teasing, but thank you all for not making me feel stupid. As an aside, another character in this episode, Anne's friend Lois the police officer...she looked so familiar to me but I couldn't place her so I looked her up. Turns out she was the detective lady on that show a long time ago called Law & Order, Criminal Intent.

And Diamond, thank you for your encouragement, that too made me feel ever so much better. And trust me, I’m so with you all in hoping that somehow Anne survives the Red/Liz battle. If she as a breath of fresh air and innocent bystander gets killed, I’m with you guys as far as Liz is concerned! No matter what the writers try to sell us after that would happen, Liz will forever be dead to me! Let’s hope that the absolute worst that could happen is that Anne might have some mild injury but would absolutely survive!

And I swear, Elizabeth is absolutely consumed by hatred! And for what, for Red killing that horrible, deceptive woman she called mother that she was acquainted with for what, 10 minutes and didn’t really know whatsoever?!! Liz didn’t question her at all but could so easily and so quickly doubt, question and come to downright hate Red after all he’s done for her?!!

I swear I have NO idea how the writers are going to write some kind of happy ending to this relationship between Red & Elizabeth, but it won’t be one I’ll ever accept! The only one I’m ready to accept is that Red has some kind of information that will turn her totally around and she comes to her senses, but trust me, even at that point, I’ll say to myself, “Oh, that’s nice, she doesn’t want to kill him any longer”… so gee thanks writers, but no thanks, I’m done with her and could never trust her again! She might as well run along with Ressler & Agnes and start their own spinoff show…you know, a show that I will NEVER watch!

Well, I’ll end this now. You all should know I’m hoping right along with you that Anne survives and will keep her sweet self in her sweet little house so Red can come and spend time with her whenever he needs to be with someone he can absolutely trust! The ONLY downside to that I can think of is that she might end up being a target for his enemies. Banish that thought!!! -- I am SO anxious for the next episode!! In the meantime, here is a group hug and some flowers for each of your sweet selves!!!!
Old 04-19-2021, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Heartland (View Post)

And Diamond, thank you for your encouragement, that too made me feel ever so much better. And trust me, I’m so with you all in hoping that somehow Anne survives the Red/Liz battle. If she as a breath of fresh air and innocent bystander gets killed, I’m with you guys as far as Liz is concerned! No matter what the writers try to sell us after that would happen, Liz will forever be dead to me! Let’s hope that the absolute worst that could happen is that Anne might have some mild injury but would absolutely survive!
, we have had so many characters being on the shady side, we just want a person who loves Red to be a good person, no hidden agenda's and concerning Liz
Old 04-19-2021, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Jenny you are too sweet!!!!

About mr kaplan, I beleive she’s dead snd this is going to be a flashback. I really don’t need her to still be alive after all this and we have to kill her again. How many times can one show kill a character?
Old 04-19-2021, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very good episode , Anne was a good character for read to be around. Love how it was all focused on Red and Anne . Finally the last scene Liz , well got to see her in the previews for next week. Love how without Dembe , he still remembers to always be on the lookout .
The most obvious scene in the police station , the chief was going to be killed !!

Yes Mr Kaplan was killed off 3 seasons ago .She killed herself jumping off a bridge headfirst instead of facing red

Last edited by Logan; 04-19-2021 at 06:23 AM