Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2021, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

8x08: "OGDEN GREELEY" Episode Discussion Thread (02/26/2021 @ 8PM)

8x08 | Ogden Greeley
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
The Task Force investigates the apparent disappearance of a defense contractor. Cooper receives an unexpected offer and Red makes a connection.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

So we saw Ann again. Kris, I had decided she wasn’t real too until Dembe saw her. Wow Red must really like her. And I like them. And all I want is for them to live happily ever after. Sigh. I felt like red did when dembe rained on his parade. He rained on mine too.

I can’t decide if she was sent by Liz, someone red was going to use, or if he really liked her. But now I’m at he really liked her and maybe she truly is an innocent bystander. At least Dembe seemed to think so. He said he knows what she represents to red. I know people thought she was the lady at the shelter after Katarina tried to drown herself. But I’m not going there. I did notice when red said he was number 1 fbi most wanted, Ann said he was number 4

All I know is I would like to see more of them.

I also loved red and cooper. I do love their relationship. I love the mutual respect thing they have going. I get mad when cooper talks mean about red to the team. I still think that is uncalled for. But I have never minded when they yell at each other. But the scenes we had last night were priceless. They trusted each other.

That’s what frustrates me about the team. Yes red is a criminal but with them, he is loyal. Cooper knows that. The team should to. Good to see Charlene to. I think she misunderstood when cooper told her Red said the senator thought cooper was bad. It wasn’t that cooper isn’t moral but that people thought he might not be.

And I loved seeing Dembe worry about red. You are unguarded. You can’t continue seeing Ann. I love their friendship. Dembe also said that red walked away from a normal life. So who could red be. Is Ann connected to whoever he was. That statement tied directly into Luther Braxton when red told Liz I once had a relatively normal life. And kris you will be as happy as I am that these statements absolutely knocked the Redarina theory right out of the water for me. Because she never had a normal life. I just so want to know who red was and what happened to him. I need a prequel to this show.

I gotta admit I never thought red would be trying to buy the intelligence at the end. I thought he would get there to try to kill the guy. So that was a twist I didn’t expect. And then to sell it back to the fbi. Really red? That’s just red for you.

I also was glad to see Arams moral code and his unwillingness to use the kill list. Glad they didn’t have to.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 02-27-2021 at 08:34 AM
Old 02-27-2021, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes Anne is real! I am so glad that Dembe saw her as well cause at that moment I knew she was real and boy I am shipping them! I feel like Red can really be himself with her. He wants to be himself with her and I was really sad when he cancelled their plans but I think he is doing it to keep her safe.

I really loved the scenes between Red and Cooper as well! I am so glad that Cooper didn't let Red die! That says a lot to me.

It was so weird though seeing Charlene again. How long has it been since we've seen her last?
Old 02-27-2021, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I thought the scenes between Red/Cooper and Dembe/Cooper were really well done in this episode. You can see the friendship there even though they are different sides of the line. Wonderful

Also lovely scenes between Anne and Red , lovely to see Red having a normal life if only for a short while. I do wonder though is Anne who she said she is. I hope so, but I have doubts...

Old 02-27-2021, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh my gosh, what a good episode, for so many reasons! Yes, it was really good to see the friendship between Red and Anne, but it's funny, even though it all seemed so genuine, when she offered Red half of her chicken sandwich, I was quietly saying to myself, "Don't do it, Red, don't eat it!" Ha! Guess I'm just geared to be suspicious of anyone who cozies up to Red. And so in a way I agree with you guys, I really saw how it gave Red an actual moment of quiet joy & relaxation and a sense to him of how enjoyable, relaxed and carefree a normal life would be...such a departure from his actual life...but I guess I don't have a trusting bone in my body at this point. If a character shows up in an episode...at least two so far I think...all my antennas go up and I'm totally thinking she is most definitely not who she appears to be. If that turns out not to be the case, I will be SO pleasantly surprised and grateful based solely on how it affects Red so genuinely. So again, I'm genuinely pulling for Anne to be an innocent who will continue to have this lovely effect on Red but have to tell you, I trust no one, especially someone seemingly so innocent who has now shown up in a couple of episodes. I hate being such a cynic!

I found the intense discussion with the intel group at the White House to be very interesting...all the reasons why a kill of an American citizen was justifiable, and all the reasons why it was not. Such inside stuff...really interesting. And yeah, it totally surprised me when Red & Dembe showed up with the highest bid to get the intel and the look on Cooper's face, not to mention the dilemma it put him in...but not really, I didn't think for a moment that he wouldn't be loyal. And I loved it when he stuck it to that senator! Red was right again when he told Cooper they would likely see him as someone they could easily compromise and so would fit their plan perfectly to help him become a senator. SO glad he's ending up staying with the team!! And also glad he now has the inside skinny on that corrupt senator as a bonus going forward.

And not to be repetitive but I have to say, another episode without Liz was genuinely just so refreshing! I'm honestly thinking that if she for whatever reason leaves the show, thousands of us fans would still stick around, that's just how strong the story line with Red, Dembe and the team really is! She has just become a Debbie Downer for me. And even if somehow or another she ends up being team Red again, I'm not at all sure I would be able to trust her again...I'd always be wondering what she was REALLY thinking or what her next devious move could be.

Oh and Fangirl, one last thing. Your last comment about your dear, mansplaining hubby in the last thread (Chemical Mary) was priceless! I about fell out of my chair laughing! Too funny!
Old 02-28-2021, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed the episode as well.

First of all I'm all with you celebrating that Anne is real And I really love her. She is so great with Red and she really likes him and the other way around. It broke my heart when he called her at the end and canceled on that movie date. He did it to protect her and I get it but it was still heartbreaking.

Cooper was great in the episode as well. I loved every single scene with him and yes, he isn't one for politics if you ask me. He wouldn't survive in this world for long.

Cooper and Red together It was fantastic as well. I always enjoy their scenes soooo much. They have this respect for each other and man, that's all I need.

I as well enjoyed another episode without Liz. Please keep it coming. I know I'm hopelessly wishing for it but yeah... A woman can dream, right?
Old 02-28-2021, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah I'm thinking the same about Liz...

I do hope Red/Anne meet again...

Old 02-28-2021, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Yes Jenny, Liz is the Debbie downer. It makes me so sad to see her like this and her behavior brings me no joy. And I have no way to even think how this can be resolved becuase I don’t see any way I can ever trust her again.

And if Anne is a plant by Liz and neither red nor dembe suspected a thing, then I am going to be furious. Red didn’t survive this long by being trusting. It was bad enough that she tricked him about Marvin (although I’m still hopeful that red knew what she was doing) but for him to continue being duped in what should be easy enough to be suspicious Of is crazy.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, I tend to believe that at some point Liz will find out about Anne and that she'll use her to lure Red out of hiding... She might even hurt or kill her to do so. Liz is that far gone now and she won't stop at anything.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you Kris. I could totally see Liz doing that. I just really hope that Liz didn't bring Anne into his life like Marilyn mentioned. I just hope Anne is a genuine personand that she wasn't hired by anybody.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Honestly, I tend to believe that at some point Liz will find out about Anne and that she'll use her to lure Red out of hiding... She might even hurt or kill her to do so. Liz is that far gone now and she won't stop at anything.
I could see this happening.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey Kris, Miranda & Fangirl that's a great point that hadn't even crossed my mind. You're right, it could be that Anne is truly an innocent but that somehow Liz, seeing Red & Anne's mutual affection for each other that puts him into a genuinely relaxed mode, that Liz could find a way to weasel into a friendship with Anne and then use that friendship to harm Red! I hope that doesn't happen obviously because honestly, I think the show was due to have some genuine kindness and down to earth caring for a change. And Anne is such a sweet, surprising and refreshing presence, I hope their friendship is genuine and lasts! At least we can all hope! Oh my gosh, I just had a thought: maybe we'll even see some kissy face between Red and Anne? Well, while I'm hopeful for that, my suspicious nature just isn't at all sure...but fun to imagine such a thing for our Red. At least now I'm actually looking forward to the next episode for a change!
Old 03-01-2021, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

I’m all In on kissyface!

So look at the plot descriptions for the movie red wanted to take Anne to see.

North by Northwest is a tale of mistaken identity, with an innocent man pursued across the United States by agents of a mysterious organization trying to prevent him from blocking their plan to smuggle out microfilm which contains government secrets. The characters on the show include a Kaplan and Townsend. And one of the actors is Cary Grant.

Red gave a monologue on him in S6 and I thought the description might actually be Reds story. Anyway I thought this was pretty cool and sounds like our show.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

My gosh, Fangirl, you are SO on top of things. How interesting to know the plot line of North by Northwest...and to wonder now the significance of that movie being Red's choice. And you mentioned Red did a talk on Cary Grant in S6. Hmmm, my guess is that Cary Grant is possibly one of James Spader's cinematic heroes and so asked the writers to somehow incorporate him into at least one of the episodes as a way of honoring him? Anyway, thanks for that insight! One thing's for sure! Ain't nothin' gets by our Fangirl, that's a fact! SO glad to have your brain here on the site to help fill in the blanks for someone like me!
Old 03-02-2021, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Heartland (View Post)
My gosh, Fangirl, you are SO on top of things. How interesting to know the plot line of North by Northwest...and to wonder now the significance of that movie being Red's choice. And you mentioned Red did a talk on Cary Grant in S6. Hmmm, my guess is that Cary Grant is possibly one of James Spader's cinematic heroes and so asked the writers to somehow incorporate him into at least one of the episodes as a way of honoring him? Anyway, thanks for that insight! One thing's for sure! Ain't nothin' gets by our Fangirl, that's a fact! SO glad to have your brain here on the site to help fill in the blanks for someone like me!
Oh wow! Thank you so much. But Now I have to confess that I actually saw a post on tumblr about the movie and that made me look up the description. Haha. But I’m still accepting all the nice things you posted.