Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2021, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

8x07: "CHEMICAL MARY" Episode Discussion Thread (02/19/2021 @ 8PM)

8x07 | Chemical Mary
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
The Task Force must race to stop simultaneous danger presented by two blacklisters. Cooper approaches a congressman for intel.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris.

Chemical Mary.. love that name!
Old 02-19-2021, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Im utterly confused

Bottom line though. I don’t really care what Liz is doing.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What a pleasant surprise that we didn't see Liz again! I really hope that the team sees now what kind of person she has become and that they will stop protecting her! Look liks Cooper finally sees how far Liz is willingly to go.

So Cooper used Red's fingerprint to open the drive. Is that another hint that Red is N13? I really hope that with doing this, he didn't sign his death warrant. You think Red would really eliminate Cooper like Sikorsky asked?

I loved that Park said that Liz isn't an agent anymore! She is the most cleared eyed when it comes to Liz.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

First of all, very exciting episode...I really enjoyed it. Most time I thought "NO" - that storyline would not work if Liz was willing to kill 200 innocent people- nobody gets that evil so fast. So I hoped there is more to the story- and because I don't hate her- I was pleasantly surprised. Especially because everyone was complaining about her lack of ability as an FBI agent- and now, she is quite smart.

Did anyone recognize the conversation at the beginning between Dembe and Red? For some, it still was a possibility Red is her father: Now we know he´s not.

And I was so excited for your reaction to this episode because you all love Red that much, that no matter what, he is always right. So, what do you think if he kills Cooper...
Old 02-20-2021, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

I never believed liz was going to blow up the plane. I figured a catch was coming somewhere. I just couldn’t figure out what. But if her plan hadn’t worked!

I never once thought liz wasn’t a capable FBI agent. She has always done her job well. I have been frustrated by her lack of profiling skills regarding Red. And I’ve felt like all her character development has been destroyed to put her against red. Maybe because this is a Liz I never wanted to see.

What bothers me is red is the master criminal and strategist. Now liz is suddenly his equal in that area? No. Not buying it.

But that doesn’t mean I didn’t think her his equal as far as her life and her choices. Everyone has their strengths. I just don’t want or beleive liz to be a criminal mastermind.

Maybe if I had realized this was the story line we were going to get from the beginning it wouldn’t bother me so much. The angst from season 1-3 was perfect snd made me love them. Maybe if I had always hated either liz or red, this would be okay.

My blacklist story was always red and Liz working together to reveal who killed reds family. Them being equal as partners. But not this.

And yeah I love red. And Liz has put him in an impossible situation regarding Cooper. And I gotta admit if red has to kill cooper that may be it on me watching the show. I hope the writers don’t go that direction. I really do. That would be too much for me. And yes I beleive it would be a step too far for red to go. That would mess it up for me.

And honestly how could the show be enjoyed of that happens. Liz would have caused red to kill cooper. A point of no return for both characters.

I do think the writers want us to hate red. I think that is their point. And I hate having a show that just pitted the two stars against each other. I never wanted a winner and a loser out of Red and Liz. They deserve better than this. I just wanted them working together. And I never wanted the task force to be used and abused like this and manipulated by Liz. And now I’m scared this is the show until the series finale and Liz will kill red and then she regrets it or she just doesn’t care.

And I’m just gonna say I’m tired of red right now too. I don’t know what the big grand reason is to protect Liz. But he needs to forget it and stand up. It better be a heck of a reason. But I’m tired of him being like this over liz.

And now I’ve been ranting about this show all morning. That’s how tired I am.

I loved red and Dembe looking at the magazine. Made me laugh at them. I also loved the opening with red Dembe and cooper

I was glad of park statement about liz and to see her flashback to red cleaning up the murder

Last edited by Fangirl49; 02-20-2021 at 08:43 AM
Old 02-20-2021, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)

I loved that Park said that Liz isn't an agent anymore! She is the most cleared eyed when it comes to Liz.
I'm glad someone if, it did annoy me when Cooper says that Liz has finally gone to the point of no return, I thought wake up Cooper she did that a few weeks ago!

I thought it was an ok eppy, the case didn't really interest me. It does seem to point to Red as being the spy considering his fingerprint opened the file and also the end scene to with that meeting between Red and the Russian. Will Cooper tell Red he's opened the file...

Old 02-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
I never believed liz was going to blow up the plane. I figured a catch was coming somewhere. I just couldn’t figure out what. But if her plan hadn’t worked!

I never once thought liz wasn’t a capable FBI agent. She has always done her job well. I have been frustrated by her lack of profiling skills regarding Red. And I’ve felt like all her character development has been destroyed to put her against red. Maybe because this is a Liz I never wanted to see.

What bothers me is red is the master criminal and strategist. Now liz is suddenly his equal in that area? No. Not buying it.

But that doesn’t mean I didn’t think her his equal as far as her life and her choices. Everyone has their strengths. I just don’t want or beleive liz to be a criminal mastermind.

Maybe if I had realized this was the story line we were going to get from the beginning it wouldn’t bother me so much. The angst from season 1-3 was perfect snd made me love them. Maybe if I had always hated either liz or red, this would be okay.

My blacklist story was always red and Liz working together to reveal who killed reds family. Them being equal as partners. But not this.

And yeah I love red. And Liz has put him in an impossible situation regarding Cooper. And I gotta admit if red has to kill cooper that may be it on me watching the show. I hope the writers don’t go that direction. I really do. That would be too much for me. And yes I beleive it would be a step too far for red to go. That would mess it up for me.

And honestly how could the show be enjoyed of that happens. Liz would have caused red to kill cooper. A point of no return for both characters.

I do think the writers want us to hate red. I think that is their point. And I hate having a show that just pitted the two stars against each other. I never wanted a winner and a loser out of Red and Liz. They deserve better than this. I just wanted them working together. And I never wanted the task force to be used and abused like this and manipulated by Liz. And now I’m scared this is the show until the series finale and Liz will kill red and then she regrets it or she just doesn’t care.

And I’m just gonna say I’m tired of red right now too. I don’t know what the big grand reason is to protect Liz. But he needs to forget it and stand up. It better be a heck of a reason. But I’m tired of him being like this over liz.

And now I’ve been ranting about this show all morning. That’s how tired I am.

I loved red and Dembe looking at the magazine. Made me laugh at them. I also loved the opening with red Dembe and cooper

I was glad of park statement about liz and to see her flashback to red cleaning up the murder
The whole story would‘nt make any sense if red kills liz. For any reason she is the sense of his last 30 years. He was willing to give his life for her a lot of times and now he should kill her because of what? As if he did‘nt know that if he kills her „mother“ in front of her would cause all this. And she is not responsible for reds situation regarding cooper. I mean he did everything he could to save reds life as he was in prison and now he just said yes if he needs to kill him. Red is the russion agent who gains american intel, not liz, not cooper. He should have known the risk that anyone would find out. Dont get me wrong, i love Red and want him and Liz together, but to give her the fault for everything is just nonsense.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved the episode. One of the most exciting ones in a really long time! What I enjoyed most was Liz not being in it again. Please keep it that way. It would be fantastic!

Quote:
I so loved that one, too. Finally her speaking up because honestly, she was completely right.

Quote:
I thought it was an ok eppy, the case didn't really interest me. It does seem to point to Red as being the spy considering his fingerprint opened the file and also the end scene to with that meeting between Red and the Russian. Will Cooper tell Red he's opened the file...
Red got that file for himself, so who else's finger would have opened it if not Reds? I never expected anything else...

But man, what has Liz done... Now Cooper is in danger. I doubt that Red will kill him. I really don't see that happening but if Red doesn't others will come. And that's even more dangerous IMO.

And Easter, to give Red all the fault is nonesense, too.

Besides, Marilyn never said that Red would kill Liz but the other way around. She just said that he should stop protecting her like he does because after all the betrayal that doesn't make any sense anymore if there isn't a super good reason.

Quote:
First of all, very exciting episode...I really enjoyed it. Most time I thought "NO" - that storyline would not work if Liz was willing to kill 200 innocent people- nobody gets that evil so fast. So I hoped there is more to the story- and because I don't hate her- I was pleasantly surprised. Especially because everyone was complaining about her lack of ability as an FBI agent- and now, she is quite smart.
And still she accepted the possibility of it going all wrong and two airplanes crashing in the end That makes her super smart... Sorry, but that's the truth as well. She isn't the good guy here and she actually isn't a criminal mastermind. She's a profiler and she should stick to her roots.

Besides, we still don't know if Red is N13 We should keep it that way. Everything is point there but we know this show.

Oh, yeah, I'm glad that again it was made clear that Red isn't her father... Man, now everybody hopefully will get it.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

I’ve been reading tumblr and people are thinking that cooper is n13. (I don’t beleive it) but I did think that if red kills him, at least we have a reason.

But I don’t think cooper is N13. But I have always felt like cooper knows more about red than he has let on. I’ve even pondered if cooper has been working with red since the beginning. But that’s just a thought. I really don’t have any idea what their knowledge of each other is but I think there’s more than we know. And I think these episodes may reveal it.

I also think that senator guy is crooked. He found out that cooper has the drive snd now Sikorsky knows the file is missing? Pretty big coincidence

Yeah red had the drive. I always thought his print would open it. But I’m leaning more toward he stole it and then had it set up so he could open it.

I’m sure there more to the N13 thing than that being who red is. I see a twist coming.

But I gotta admit n13, Sikorsky and this Ratitdi hacker...I’m getting so confused.

Yes red is not her father. And Jenny, my mansplaining husband, watched that scene, wondered why Red said that, and promptly concluded that he is her father but doesn’t want dembe to know. SIGH.

Ps kris I loved the episode too. It was exciting. And I didn’t miss Liz. And it helps me to watch and to forget her role in all of this.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

Red got that file for himself, so who else's finger would have opened it if not Reds? I never expected anything else...
I wasn't either really, soon as I saw it on screen, I thought that will be opened in a mo. It's just everything is pointing to Red being the spy, if he is, how underwhelming that will be

Old 02-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no, I don't believe Cooper is N13 either... But man, the theories are ablaze

I don't think that this senator guy is crooked. I think he is being watched or might being watched or his asking around might have got to a person that is inside the government system and informing Sikorsky. I bet it's a wide spread network he has.

But Red got the drive from Sikorsky this season... Why and when she he have stolen it?

Quote:
I wasn't either really, soon as I saw it on screen, I thought that will be opened in a mo. It's just everything is pointing to Red being the spy, if he is, how underwhelming that will be
I totally get what you mean... That would be extremely underwhelming for me as well. I really hope that's not the case. I want it to be somebody else and it being a big surprise.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

I totally get what you mean... That would be extremely underwhelming for me as well. I really hope that's not the case. I want it to be somebody else and it being a big surprise.
Me too... after all these years waiting, we want something huge for the reveal of Red, not this..

Old 02-22-2021, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Kris, you said Red got the drive from Sikorsky this season... did I miss something? I know I tend to a lot. But I don’t remember Sikorsky giving him the drive????
Old 02-22-2021, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Kris, you said Red got the drive from Sikorsky this season... did I miss something? I know I tend to a lot. But I don’t remember Sikorsky giving him the drive????
Indeed. The first time they met, Sarkorsky gave him the drive and said "fresh from the archive". What makes me wonder why he GOT intel from the archive instead of GAIN intel FOR the archive.

I´ve read a theory, that Liz did not kidnap chemical mary to kill red, but to find a cure- for any reason. I know, it is not very likely, but as the show always continued to prove: Nothing is like it seems.

Last edited by Easteregg; 02-22-2021 at 11:36 AM