Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2020, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

7x18: "ROY CAIN" Episode Discussion Thread (05/08/2020 @ 8PM)

7x18 | Roy Cain
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
As the Task Force investigates a kidnapping executed by seemingly impossible abductors, Dembe lands in a perilous situation. Meanwhile, a recent health scare causes Red to think about a successor.

Last edited by Miranda; 05-17-2020 at 10:09 AM
Old 05-08-2020, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Wow. Just freaking wow. And this episode is why I love the blacklist. Oh my sweet Red. My sweet Dembe. I even love the imam. I love marvin. I’ve missed him. Great storyline too.

More to talk about later. I’m just enjoying the feel of a well written show

They better never let red die
Old 05-09-2020, 03:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, i just watched it right now…. And actually I was pretty disappointed, because except the beginning and the end oft the episode, i was just bored. I really did not like the blacklister (so sorry) and most of all I hate the promo for the episode because it suggested that Liz would join a confrontation between Red and Katharina.

Besides, I never thought that Dembe would betray Red- i was so sad seeing him cry because he had to choose between the imam and Reds secret. And now, iam worried about Dembe. Hopefully Red can forgive him- I really don´t want to see another „Mr.Kaplan-situation“, not with Dembe! I loved him to be that honest, he did not hesitate for a second to say that he hadn´t told the truth but he was going to.

And I don´t understand what Red suggested in the end, when he said, that Liz will need the money becaus she will enter a dark path without knowing it now. Does he know that Liz chooses her mum and that she is probably being hunted like Katharina?
I'm so sad that there is only one episode left- I think it could have been a great finale.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dembe.. It broke my heart to see him cry and that he needed to make a choice between Red and his imam. That must have been unbearable for him. He really didn't have a choice.. And I think Red realized that in the end while he was talking with Marvin. I really hope this didn't ruin their relationship.

"Yeah I know I'm pretty but you're not my type." I laughed so hard when Ressler said that to Ruell.

Why is Red giving his assets to Liz? Did he forget how often she betrayed him?! Yes he was right that she is going to a deep and dark place but don't give your empire to her! Worst mistake you can make Red!

Red knows that Katarina is still alive.. now we can only wait for the big showdown. Wonder if he knows that Liz has known all this time that Katarina was still alive.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

Great points both of you. And Easter, you said the things I always feel about liz. Please not another episode where she has to choose. We do that all the time. And yeah I was sick about Dembe too. But I don’t think he’s going the mr Kaplan route. Or at least he better not.

So I liked the ep. I will start with Liz. Who I tend to despise. But this episode made me forget that, if only for a minute. In the past liz would run in accuse red of something then run out. Or she would have to choose between him and Kaplan or Kirk or whoever. Now she’s out to kill him or destroy him. I haven’t forgotten. And the plot of the show got old.

That being said, I don’t know why I liked her in this. Maybe because she felt like s1 Liz who always leaned toward Red. Who struggled with who red was but always leaned toward him.

I felt that when she learned he was sick. I felt it during the end montage. Their scene together where he told her he was giving her everything. The way she looked at him when he was at the post office, like she could tell something was wrong. Liz didn’t feel as one dimensional as she has felt. And don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the writers plan to ruin my good feelings. Lol. They always do.

And Dembe, my wonderful Dembe. The imam was right. There was no choice. No choice Dembe could live with. Their scenes were wonderful. And Dembe crying broke my heart. Even the thought of betraying red would destroy him. And red got there in time and Dembe was honest with him. Red was upset with Dembe,yes. But I think the talk with the imam helped red to understand and forgive.

I had read that this was going to be a very dark episode so I was scared red was going to kill either the imam or Dembe. I’m glad that didn’t happen. Anyway, that would have been dark. Instead we get another liz and Katarina and you have to choose. Blah blah blah. I should have known that was the shows definition of dark.

All the conversation about choices reminded me of reds Hobson’s choice in cape May. He does understand impossible choices and living with the consequences

Him giving everything to liz.. he made a vow to take care of her. I don’t think that will ever stop no matter what she does to him. I don’t get the talk about the dark place either. But he knows Katarina. So I’m sure he knows liz is in danger of losing her soul.

I loved red shooting Katarinas man. And Roy Cain. What an evil prick. The look on reds face as he talked about slaves and people being worthless.

So now red knows the extent of Lizs lies. And he’s sick. Can’t believe the finale is next week.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 05-09-2020 at 07:33 AM
Old 05-09-2020, 07:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes I thought after Red found out that Liz knows that he is not Ilya and wondered what else she knows, he knows that Katharina is alive now ... I guess he can imagine that Liz and Katharina are working together. That would mean that the Russians or whoever is hunting Katharina will probably also be hunting Liz and she will need money to escape. He also replied when Liz said: I should inherit your criminal empire? I am a cop! "Yes and you are also the daughter of Katharina Rostova."

Besides, he has cared for her almost all her life, no matter what she does, he can't just stop. Funnily enough, I found Liz indifferent in this episode because she showed little emotion when Ressler said that Red was probably sick and hardly when her mother told her that she would probably have to choose between Red and her because neither can survive as long as the other is alive .
Old 05-09-2020, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Now that is an excellent point as to why she would need Reds money especially with her association with Katerina. I think you’re right. I bet this will force her to run for the rest of her life.

Yeah I get your points about liz and her reaction to his sickness. I’m probably just seeing what I want to see. Lol.

I was happy to see Al Rokers scenes. That was fun.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Haha we always seem to have different feelings about Liz actions And now I guess everybody will think that Liz decides for her mother, so it would be a big surprise if she chooses red... I will hope that until the end!
Old 05-09-2020, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

I lmao when I read your post becuase I just knew we were going to be on the same side. I thought you’d be proud of me!!
Old 05-10-2020, 12:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh I am :-D and I still believe someday will be the day when we both are one the same side, like Liz and Red
Old 05-10-2020, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good eppy

Poor Dembe, wrestling with his conscience. I know Red was disappointed, but I'm glad him and Imam spoke about Dembe's choice in this

I'm glad Red finally knows about Katarina..

Liz though, what is she thinking..., think about this...
Old 05-10-2020, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easteregg (View Post)
Haha we always seem to have different feelings about Liz actions And now I guess everybody will think that Liz decides for her mother, so it would be a big surprise if she chooses red... I will hope that until the end!
I hope that she chooses Red as well but I really think she is going to choose Katarina. But then if she chooses Red, is it going to be because she really wants too and will she stop chasing the past? That is the big question.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here you go you guys. I'll for now post my opinion and tomorrow I'll catch up with all yours.

I loved the episode and I'm so sad that now when the show starts to regain it's speed and awesomeness we'll be done with the season.

First of all, we got Marvin back! YES! I wasn't aware that Red had left him hanging back then. Why would he do that? Not nice at all... But he is back being an attorney and I loved that, too. Their scenes I enjoyed so much.

The shock of Red to find out that Katarina was still alive... And now he for sure knows as well that Liz knew the whole time and was working with her. Why else the PI and all the search for Ilya. I'm glad though that so far they didn't continue looking for him. I am still really afraid.

Dembe... Oh wow, it broke my heart. He again kind of betrayed Red by agreeing to come to see Katarina without Red knowing and he would have told her what she wanted to know. I'm really wondering if she would have killed him afterwards like Red suggested. I really think she would have.
Right now I'm not sure where Red and Dembe stand though. Again...

The imam I really loved. His talk with Katarina, his talk with Dembe and the last one with Red. Do you think he had to leave? That he is now hidden somewhere safe?

Liz... I don't even know where to start. Let's start at the end. Her talk with Katarina didn't turn out as she had hoped I guess. I felt Katarina threatening Liz and her loved ones at the end and I think Liz started to realize where this is going and I sooooo hope that she'll see that she made a big mistake helping a person that (pretends) to be her mother like this and therefore betraying Red and bringing this danger to him (and herself). She knows that he knows everything and the other way around and I'm wondering who'll be first to address the elephant in the room.

Still Red will give her everything he has because 'she is going to need it' for what's coming. Man, this doesn't sound good. He knows that woman and he knows what's going to come. I'm really afraid (not for Liz though).

Ressler telling her about the medical files. Wow... When is this going to be addressed?

Marving Gerald I just love this character soooo much.

How stupid was Park when she got hit by that inmate I could have slapped her.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I hope that she chooses Red as well but I really think she is going to choose Katarina. But then if she chooses Red, is it going to be because she really wants too and will she stop chasing the past? That is the big question.
I think the day she stops chasing the past will be the day the blacklist ends
Old 05-10-2020, 03:56 PM
Supreme Fan

IMO, the dark place that Red was referring to regarding Liz is that Liz will be forced into a choice (which she was - Katarina basically said she doesn't trust Liz, even now, and is demanding her to choose) between Red and Katarina. Liz will kill Katarina and choose Red, taking her into the dark place because she always wondered about her mother, finally found her, but would end up killing her. That will lead to loathing and the similar dark place she was in when they were on the run together, when he had to step in to prevent her from shooting somebody (that one scene where he holds her gaze and says her name, bringing her back from the edge).

I'm tired of Liz betraying Red. I ship them romantically, so this is agonizing for me to see her continuing to lie.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)