Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2020, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

7x16: "NYLE HATCHER" Episode Discussion Thread (04/24/2020 @ 8PM)

7x16 | Nyle Hatcher
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
Liz and the Task Force take on a cold case that may have some new victims. Meanwhile, Red tries to help a friend of Dembe who is in danger.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-25-2020 at 11:34 AM
Old 04-24-2020, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris. Will be watching it first thing in the morning.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

oh wow, first they bore us with half the season and now at the end they make it exciting. I don't know where to start ... I like the Blacklister - it is not a big fish but it is clearly a psychopath.

I have been wondering how long Liz will keep the secret from Ressler that Red is not Ilya. Now he finally knows. The change between Liz and Red was great: to see how one by one wins the upper hand. But oh ****- I don't think Liz knows how far her mother would go to get Red and the answers, she is Looking for. Now she tries Dembe ... I'm afraid for him, I really am. And Red's sickness is back. I can't imagine where the season 8 journey will go ...I will hope until the end, that he can be saved.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved this episode! Finally a great blacklister again. Such an interesting case. How does anybody come up with doing stuff like that?

So what does Katarina thinks she will gain by kidnapping Dembe's imam?

What happened to Red?! I hope everything is going to fine. He needs to be fine.

What secrets are under Ray Field? What is Ressler hiding? I loved it when Ressler's brother called him baby brother.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

I’m gonna guess now that Resslers secret is that they killed people associated with his fathers murder. Or they buried evidence related to that.

Also what is the ...archive that Ilya has. Do you think it’s an actual archive, a person, or some memory buried in his mind.

Can’t get over liz when the PI says why didn’t you tell me you had a powerful enemy and Liz says something like I didn’t know I had one. I just couldn’t believe liz really thought that. After everything she’s done to Red. And now she’s trying to find Ilya and doesn’t care about Dembes imon. Yeah red has a right to be your enemy.

Lizs blacklister was creepy. But I figured out what he was doing. Am I getting used to this show. Kinda scary that I figured out the plot. lol

But I never realized Katerina had the imam. I didn’t see that coming at all. And that scene where red says Dembe knows it’s reds fault. It hurt my heart. Red will do anything to get him back becuase he loves Dembe.

And now reds sickness is coming back. He had the cough and it sounded just like it did in the poison episode. I’m more convinced than ever that kaplan knew his lungs were weak and she did that to him to speed up their collapse of something like that.

Red interacted with cooper just like normal showing no ill will. But liz seemed like she was still angry.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, this is my guess for Ressler's dark secret as well... But we'll see.

But back to the episode... It was a really fantastic one I loved it so much. It's the second in a row.

Oh yes... Liz statement regarding that 'enemy' which is actually Red made me sad as well. It made me furious. I can't believe that she would blindly follow that woman who says is Katarina and that keeping her safe is more important than Red, his safety, his life, the life of his associates. I don't get it... Wow, what a new low.

I guess the PI will end up dead shall Red find out that she gave away what she gave away. But that was not Ilya's location, right? It was something important to Red.

Oh no, I didn't see it coming that it was Katarina who took the imam. That was a surprise and now I'm worried as well. What does she want from him? I can't imagine either. Maybe she'll find out about Kaplan? Dembe went to the imam after all the crap that happened with Red and Kaplan and so on.

Red WTH is wrong with him????? I need to know.

The Liz and Cooper relationship seemed a bit tense to me as well... I like that
Old 04-25-2020, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good eppy this one

- The case of the week was disturbing

- I must admit I didn't think it was Katarina until the very end of the eppy, what does she want with Dembe's friend..

- What is going on with Red and see him and Liz playing cat and mouse with what they know..

- Seems Ressler's secrets are coming back to haunt him..
Old 04-26-2020, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No the PI didn't give Ilya's location to Liz but a archive of some kind which was important to Ilya. Since you can't live in an archive, I don't think Liz will find Ilya there.

Maybe that has got something to do with Ressler's secret Marilyn. Maybe they killed Tommy Markin and buried him there.. what else could it be? it has to be a very big, dark secret that they intend to keep.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

I don’t think the imon knows anything. Dembe wouldn’t tell him any secrets. I think Katerina took him as a pawn in order to capture red or force him to do something. Or she will use the imon to capture demve which will definitely force Reds hand.

But with this show we have no idea what the archive is. It could be a place something is hidden, it could be a blacklister name, anything

Archive makes me think it’s a place where they keep a record of all their secrets. That could be something buried in Ilyas mind.

We now have the Townsend directive and this archive. I’m curious to see what they both are.
Old 04-27-2020, 12:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

The second half of season 7 has been full throttle for the most part. Let me get started.

Ned Flanders a Blacklister? Well a diddly doo.
Dembe's Imam? Now that's a new low.
Liz trying to guilt trip and intimidate the PI all at once. Spooks > Liz and it's not even close. Either the Archive was a clever Reddington and Illya distraction tactic or my frustration is about to boil over. We don't even know everything about the TD. Enough Already!
Is it clear if Reddington was poisoned or is it a health scare? If he was indeed poisoned, this intrigues me. No I hate he was poisoned it's just Kaplan had the same approach. A strange and crazy parallel.
Great episode again.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, it's been the Sikorsky Archives that were mentioned regarding Ilya... So these archives really exist in London and have to do with aviation history. Not sure if they go for the real archives or if anything is hidden there or happened there. I really don't know.

I really would love for Ressler's secret to be placed around Tommy Markin. I hope they finally give us everything about that story and not another one that happened to him. It always feel even more unrealistic then. Why would all of it happen to one person?

I doubt that Red was poisoned. Wouldn't it be somehow lame to bring the same thing again? I don't see that happening.

The Townsend Directive... We don't even know one person of it, right?
Old 04-27-2020, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

I wasn’t trying to say I thought he was poisoned.

I was saying that kaplans poison targeted his lungs. I think she did that on purpose because she knew his lungs were already weak. I think she knew that if the poison didn’t work, the long term effect of it would cause his death.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Marilyn, it wasn't you. But Jay speculated about it So no worries, I got what you meant.

And still we know nothing at all what had happened with Kaplan's poison and what his pre-conditions were
Old 04-28-2020, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

I still wonder if his lungs were damaged saving liz from the fire.