Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2019, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

7x10: "Katarina Rostova" Episode Discussion Thread (12/13/2019 @ 8PM)

7x10 | Katarina Rostova
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
Red and the Task Force pay a visit to a former blacklister, as an explosive confrontation leads Liz to make a critical choice. Laila Robins, Brian Dennehy, Aida Turturro, Michael Cerveris, Rade Serbedzija, and Brett Cullen guest star.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-25-2020 at 11:28 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks Kris! Can't wait to see the episode!
Old 12-13-2019, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

I HATE LIZ. No redemption for her ever. How stupid can you be.

Red and Liz are the heart of the show. And I have spent three years waiting fir the show to remember it.

I was literally hoping Katerina would just kill liz. I would be happy
Old 12-13-2019, 08:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Katarina Rostova Blacklist Number #3

Number of the most important women in Red's life he believed died in front of him. #3

He saw what they wanted him to see.
JayT2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:30 AM
New Fan

Ok- so is Katharina really Katharina? And Reddington just watches her get killed? After telling Liz for 6 seasons not to Judge her so hard and she loves her child? Then he just faces Liz? I mean that he loved her once he was pretty emotionless when he saw her "shot" on the street. Somehow it doesn't go together. And even if everyone hates Liz again, if Katharina's story is right - why shouldn't Liz help her? She is her mother ... i mean i love reddington and i want the old chemistry between liz and him ... but i can understand that after all these years she is trying to protect her mother, sorry. I know iam alone with that. And now, everything starts new.. wow!
Easteregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Really... I'm fed up with that crap. There is nothing more to say.
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:19 PM
Warp Speed Mr Sulu

Ok, I just don't get this episode or this storyline tbh.

They just rehashed a storyline a couple of seasons ago, but with some different characters. Liz, seriously!!, she goes from pointing a gun to believing her in 10 mins flat!. What is the cop Liz, I would have checked her out before anything and she believes her. Seriously Liz!!!

Then Red sees her shot, all the history we know before, I think the writers have had brain freeze

RB / SR

LaCasa De Papel
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

And the audacity to imitate Anslo Garrick ending. Omg. My anger has no limits.

Easter, I wish I could feel like you.

But all I keep thinking of is Red and Diane Fowler where she says she Knows the truth about his family and Red shoots her anyway.

Liz should have remembered all the good feelings she had for Red and her promise to stop asking questions. And she should have told katarina she didn’t care about answers. Liz doing the same thing every time is old news. And leaves me uninterested in future episodes.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

And yet again another fake death. I just literally can't.. how many times can a person fake their own death.

I wonder if Red really thinks that she is dead. He told Liz so bluntly that they killed her on the streets but I don't if he really believes it. He could be playing Liz cause he knows that she is helping Katarina.

I kinda get that Liz wants to help her mother but to believe her so quickly. I don't get that! She has heard so many stories about her mother and then her mother has her tied up and she starts crying and telling a sad story and bam Liz believes her. I DON"T GET IT!

Liz saying she is on the side of the truth and not on the Red or Katarina's side. Come on! Yet again, she chose somebody else over Red. I am done with that.

I am glad though that Aram remembered the note!

Dr. Krilov, what goes around comes around. I really did think Katarina hired him to extract Ilya's memories, Luckily he didn't get the chance to. But now we still don't know either who Reddington really is. Guess we're going to have for that a little while longer.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Again, really happy with the episode. I think it took too long to unpack some things but it made the last ten mins shocking for me. Where to begin........ hmm...

Liz, I get all the frustration with her 110 percent. She is soooo quick to turn on Red. But in this case, I'm going to throw her a bone. I know I know I shouldn't but hear me out. I chalk this up to timing in which like all of this season could NOT be worse for Red. Had Liz discovered the truth sooner or perhaps even later. She kills Kat or at worst gives her the Tom guest treatment. But yes. Her flipping on Red again does piss me off. A lot! I'm scared it's going to take him dying for her to understand she's a complete idiot. I do get he isn't forthcoming with her but her best interest are first with him.

Illya Koslov is one tough SOB! I get it. He tried to bail on us to keep from talking but what he endured afterwards and survived was brutal. I was scared they'd kill him.

Ressler - My friend, welcome to the darkside.

Agent Park You're a treasure. Now get out! Red you're the best.

Liz you should've known your brand of fiction does not work on Cooper.

A fake death? I was actually stunned by this. Come to think of it would anyone else be ready to see Red vs Liz because I just knew that's where it was heading for a final showdown.

And finally it's pretty clear Red is very ill. And I truly hate seeing it but what Liz said to Dom really made me sick. I get it he lied but terrible time to act like a badass.

In short, I think they built for some pretty interesting future conflict. I do think Red and Liz are better together but I wouldn't be surprised to see some I made you I can break you in the future. This should get pretty chippy?
Old 12-14-2019, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Katerina got shot and I literally said she’s not dead. Hated being right. And the scary part is wondering if Dembe was in on it since he stopped Red getting out of the car.

Going out on a limb but with Liz loving Katarina, I have pretty much decided she’s faking her identity. Sigh. Plus Red told Ilya that woman is no threat. He never said a name so I immediately thought that’s not Katarina

Liz treating dom like that was awful. No words. And her laughing and saying I’m a rostova. Arrrgh. Look jay, I agree. I unfortunately think it’s going to take Red dying to ever get her to see. I hate that

Jay you said you could tell red is sick. Is it because he seemed to forget Park was in the car. Or that he just accepted Katarina death. I thought he was being sarcastic with park.

So Ressler is going to mess with krilov. Does that mean all knowledge of the second memory manipulation will be gone? Or will krilov tell Ressler the memories he took from Liz.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Katerina got shot and I literally said she’s not dead. Hated being right. And the scary part is wondering if Dembe was in on it since he stopped Red getting out of the car.

Going out on a limb but with Liz loving Katarina, I have pretty much decided she’s faking her identity. Sigh. Plus Red told Ilya that woman is no threat. He never said a name so I immediately thought that’s not Katarina

Liz treating dom like that was awful. No words. And her laughing and saying I’m a rostova. Arrrgh. Look jay, I agree. I unfortunately think it’s going to take Red dying to ever get her to see. I hate that

Jay you said you could tell red is sick. Is it because he seemed to forget Park was in the car. Or that he just accepted Katarina death. I thought he was being sarcastic with park.

So Ressler is going to mess with krilov. Does that mean all knowledge of the second memory manipulation will be gone? Or will krilov tell Ressler the memories he took from Liz.
In regards to Red, maybe it's just me but he seems worn down. Like a man accepting his fate but I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

I get you. I feel the same especially with his death speech.

I imagine that he knew or felt that liz would betray him yet again with Katarina
Old 12-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Ultimate O/K Shipper

I'm so frustrated with this show. The way Katarina is manipulating Liz. First she ties her own daughter up after watching a guy knock her out. Suddenly, Liz is fine and helping her break free.

Once again Liz uses faking a death to affect Red, to make him think he saw something that he didn't. When he tells her that Katarina's dead, it's for Katarina to make Red look like a liar to Liz ... since he told Liz he saw her die. The key canon point that was established is that Red never lies to Liz.

Was I surprised that Katarina was not dead? No. I was furious that Liz was in on it. How gullible has she become? I wanted this Katarina plot to be over. And it continues.

Not okay.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Wes&FredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:53 AM
New Fan

Did anyone hear what name Dembe said in the car when Red got out and wanted to help Katharina? He said "Raymond xxx would kill you too". I didn't see who that was. Maybe Red is afraid that Liz will help Katharina and thus become a goal herself. There MUST be a reason why he doesn't tell her and why he doesn't help Katharina. In any case, with his identity lie and his lack of openness, he has contributed to Liz interacting again. I have no idea where the story is going but I HOPE he doesn't die !!! please- dont die!!!!
Easteregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread