Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2019, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

7x03: "LES FLEURS DU MAL" Episode Discussion Thread (10/18/2019 @ 8PM)

7x03 | Les Fleurs Du Mal
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
Aram goes undercover to infiltrate a secret society of wealthy thrill-seekers, whose entertainment hinges upon spectacular acts of violence. Meanwhile, Red tries to negotiate with a former associate involved in the Townsend Directive, while Katarina Rostova (guest star Laila Robins) takes steps to insinuate herself into Liz's life.

Last edited by Miranda; 11-25-2019 at 01:34 PM
Old 10-18-2019, 01:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread! I truly hope that Liz shows some suspicion about the new neighbor ... given everything she put Red through, I wouldn't want her around MY child.

ETA: Liked Aram tonight and I felt bad for the woman that he helped. Her husband is now a living vegetable, so I get why she wants somebody she can interact with and be close to. Can Liz please wake up now and realize she's staring directly at the enemy?
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 10-18-2019 at 08:08 PM
Old 10-19-2019, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't understand that Liz is not suspicious of Katarina at all! She is an FBI agent for crying out loud! She knows that so many people can't be trusted and since Katarina planted a listening device, it is all up to her. She is going to have Liz backed into a corner and I wonder when Red is going to find out that Katarina is living next door to Liz.

Loved it that Aram got to be out in the field so much this episode and that he was undercover! He did so good!

Loved the references to Samar. I am so glad they haven't forgotten about her.

the blacklister didn't do much for me. Just a means to an end to find a dead Steinhil. And I am guessing he is really dead this time.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

When Liz asked Katarina why she was estranged from her daughter, I thought she had suspected something. But I can understand why she does not know the connection. At the moment she thinks Katarina is the hunted one. Why should her own mother enter her life disguised as a neighbor after all these years? Why would Katarina attack her own father? And why should she suddenly appear in public, where she hid herself all these years. Besides, Liz (and I'm surprised) still seems to trust Red even though he has hidden so many secrets from her all these years. I wouldnt trust him when he said he has no idea who the woman is which attacked Dom. And he never mentions Katarina. After telling her she was not a threat to Agnes, one would expect him to warn her. I can not wait to find out and even less that Red learns about Katarina and Liz.

In the meantime, I thought Liz might not be Katarina's daughter. Because Katarina said she lost her family in Belgrade and nobody could bring her back to her. And in this episode, she said she misses having children. But that is probably too unlikely.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easteregg (View Post)
When Liz asked Katarina why she was estranged from her daughter, I thought she had suspected something. But I can understand why she does not know the connection. At the moment she thinks Katarina is the hunted one. Why should her own mother enter her life disguised as a neighbor after all these years? Why would Katarina attack her own father? And why should she suddenly appear in public, where she hid herself all these years. Besides, Liz (and I'm surprised) still seems to trust Red even though he has hidden so many secrets from her all these years. I wouldnt trust him when he said he has no idea who the woman is which attacked Dom. And he never mentions Katarina. After telling her she was not a threat to Agnes, one would expect him to warn her. I can not wait to find out and even less that Red learns about Katarina and Liz.

In the meantime, I thought Liz might not be Katarina's daughter. Because Katarina said she lost her family in Belgrade and nobody could bring her back to her. And in this episode, she said she misses having children. But that is probably too unlikely.
Easteregg, that made me think too. Either she isnt the real Katarina or maybe something I've wondered about for a while is going to be uncovered. During the fire, Liz wasn't in the closet alone during the night of the fire and by not alone I mean a sibling was in there with her.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

What do you mean with „sibling“? I cant remember there was another person, only that a man put her out of the fire- she thinks it was her real dead. But in some episode red told that one time he was normal man with birthdaypartys, kids and friends. The story with diane folder and his family ist still open and since than it has never been mentioned again. And i still wonder about katarina- i mean We met her as a young woman who loves her daughter, protects her and gives her away with a heavy heart. Now after 30 years she sees her again and is not interested in her life at all. It seems she just use her to get information about Red. At the moment, all this makes no sense for me!
Old 10-19-2019, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

I think Belgrade happens after the night of the fire. I think Katarina moved on and had a new family.

Liz knows a woman attacked red and now a mysterious woman lived next door. And she’s not suspicious. She’s supposed to be an FBI agent. Just that alone should make her suspicious. And coopers worried enough to have fbi protecting her. It is now bothering me that Red hasn’t thought Katarina could be at Liz. Liz should have made the connection the minute the woman moved in. And Red should have thought of it

Can’t believe liz asked red again what happened after last week when she promised to leave him alone about it

Aram is so handsome. Glad to see him have a chance to shine. I am not ready for him to move on from Samar. Why do shows never give people time to grieve.

Why is Frankie lying to Red?

Last edited by Fangirl49; 10-19-2019 at 06:51 AM
Old 10-19-2019, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oookay... I somehow am wondering where this is supposed to be going.

Quote:
When Liz asked Katarina why she was estranged from her daughter, I thought she had suspected something.
Same here! I was like: YES! There is the profiler! But there actually wasn't and I was being so disappointed. I really don't get her

I think though that Katarina is kind of melting as well. She might be after Red, she for sure is, but for Liz and Agnes, I think it won't be dangerous at the end. I really think she is starting to care the more she gets to know them. I can't wait for the shock and reaction as soon as Liz finds out.

I'm not mad of Liz for not making the connection right away but she should have been suspicious at least. Not even that she was and that's what's annoying me. Just being careful would have been all I needed.

We got Liz the same way she was all the years again when she asked Red about what happened. The brat was back It didn't last too long, the good old Liz feeling.

Aram... I loved almost everything regarding Aram, just not him moving on... It's way too fast for me and it sucks. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it.

Franky is a mystery to me... I have no idea.

Red has been so busy with his own stuff that he didn't even bother to care for Liz. Man, why is that? He didn't even check on her or put somebody close to watch her and Agnes.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh yeah I miss the Liz and Red Moments, the time as he cared about her. Now he seems to be angry everytime. BUT Liz said: Whats about the woman? YOU SAID you have a lead! So it seems Red ask her to come! and I found it very noticeable when Liz asked: how is my grandfather? And Dembe looked at Red! I expected that Dembe said again that Red should tell her the truth, but unfortunately that did not happen.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I bet Red was the one who called her when Katarina was in her apartment... I didn't expect otherwise.

But man, give us old Red and Liz back.

Funny thing is that when Katarina was at Liz's house I felt a spark there and I liked it. It was more than Red was getting for years and this with a stranger.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

See that moment, I immediately thought of Donna and Lizzington. Liz had just fininshed talking about fairy tales and Prince Charming and her phone rings!!! Of course it was Red.

I think the whole Katarina next door thing might have worked better if at the end of the previous episode we learn that Katarina had been her neighbor for months. Then I wouldn’t be all irritated about it

I feel nothing for Liz and Katarina. I feel an instant repeat of S4 and Alexander Kirk where liz keeps trusting him no matter what. Part of me says well at least she doesn’t know who this woman is but that doesn’t work for me because she should be suspicious.

And yeah this episode definitely needed more red and Liz.

But see I don’t mind red still being mad at her. Look what she did to him. She almost got him killed and now her questions have caused Dom to be hurt.

Nope not softening to liz for me. I wobbled those first two episodes. But now I’m back to normal.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even notice that about Prince Charming and fairy tales...

True, why didn't they play that card? Would have been fantastic actually having her live there for months already.

Oh, I really start to feel for them because I noticed that Katarina might start to care. I bet she will the more she gets to know Liz and Agnes. That doesn't mean she wouldn't still harm them, she is a psychopath to me right now. But there was something.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
See that moment, I immediately thought of Donna and Lizzington. Liz had just fininshed talking about fairy tales and Prince Charming and her phone rings!!! Of course it was Red.
You're right -- I LOVED that moment! Then she went back to demanding things of him, saying, "You said you had a lead." Seriously, Liz?!

Quote:
And yeah this episode definitely needed more red and Liz. But see I don’t mind red still being mad at her. Look what she did to him. She almost got him killed and now her questions have caused Dom to be hurt.
Totally agree. She faked her death, put Red through a LOT of grief, almost got Red executed after keeping him in prison ... and then she's demanding things of him? Nope . She can't very well say that Red put her kid in danger when she's letting Agnes fall asleep in the arms of the same woman who tortured Red and almost killed him.

Seems like Liz was only sorry when she thought that Red would actually never talk to her again, when he made it clear that he didn't trust her anymore. Red made her life meaningful, special. She chased him around the world and said she'd wait for him to forgive her ... but she's back to trying to manipulating him for answers. So her apology was meaningless since he's back in town but not giving her what she wants. If he's not useful to her, then she wants to bully him. He told her himself that he's killed people who did what she did, and he was troubled because he could NOT kill her. She's gotten cocky, and she needs to reign it in.

I love Lizzington as a ship, but not when Liz is acting like this .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

A bunch of thrill seeking adrenaline addicted narcissists..... awesome....

I loved Aram taking the risk and going undercover. I felt he was better suited to work with the woman. Kinda not upset that he turned up at her door. Feeling numb is horrible... some get used to it and others try to make it go away -- for a little while. I know what that's like from personal experience.

Katerina is messing around with an acme dynamite kit and I can't wait for it to blow up in her face. The moment Red knows she's living near Liz... he's gonna go ballistic.

Franky.... I am LOVING HER!! I wanna see more of her and now she's caught Red's criminal interest, it's gonna be a ride for sure! LOL!
Old 10-20-2019, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Isn't it strange but I really have no idea what else to talk about regarding this episode... It was really so boring to me.

I get how frustrated you are, Donna I do.

I'm still wondering if Liz cared about her grandfather at all... She never went there again, right? To get to know him?