Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2019, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

6x10: "THE CRYPTOBANKER" Episode Discussion Thread (03/08/2019 @ 9PM)

6x10 | The Cryptobanker
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
The Task Force delves into the unregulated world of cryptocurrency in order to stop an impending attack, while Red (James Spader) undertakes a risky endeavor in order to secure his freedom. Ken Leung, Becky Ann Baker and Coy Stewart guest star.

Last edited by Miranda; 11-25-2019 at 09:07 AM
Old 03-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

This season is ripping my heart out and stomping on it. Dembe was right there. He almost got away. Omg. My heart was pounding. Omg. Darn it liz.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, Fangirl, Liz messed him over yet again, and even though she didn't know she was interfering with his escape, I'm still disgusted with her!! And I see she's trying to help him again but her attempt to work her way back into our hearts is not going to work, I so dislike her I can't even tell you!

I loved the part where Red is walking down the halls dressed as the warden, and the music was so cool. Then I was also so relieved to see Dembe but then...what a disappointment the plan crashed and burned...thank you again, Liz...but so glad he got away! However, that part did go to show us how highly Red still thinks of Dembe though since Red wanted him to be protected by calling him off even though it meant he would be stuck in prison.

And from the preview of next week's episode, Red is actually in the room where the lethal injection is to take place...good grief! On the one hand, I know he's got to find a way out since the show can't go on without his character in it...but on the other hand, I just DON'T KNOW what the writers are up to! Maybe he really WILL come to an end and it will turn out to be the final show. But wait...I can't accept that will be the case; no, no, no, somehow he's going to escape and if nothing else, he'll continue working with the task force, and just go back into hiding like he's had to do for the past 30 years. Maybe?

Sheesh, what an eppy!! I hope someone else has some theories of what will happen next, but right now, I think I need to go find something to calm my nerves after THIS episode!!

Jenny
Old 03-09-2019, 03:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Like everyone else...Liz AAAARg Darn It!

Okay I was never really worried about the trial as I knew he could escape if he wanted to. He just wanted to keep working with the task force thats why didn't go outright.

Honestly the escape played out almost how I imagined it in my head. Except that:
1. It happens in the Season Finale
2. He would be wearing his signature suit and hat not the warden's hand outs
3. Everyone was running to the front gates after a decoy while Red was actually waiting for the helicopter in the roof.
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY HE ACTUALLY MANAGES TO ESCAPE!

A little something I toyed with a while back Red has killed people who talked about his deal; I wondered if after Red escaped/acquitted would he have killed everyone in the courtroom. I dismissed it as too bloody and I liked the judge but the prosecutor well I hope Red pays him a visit.

For the episode, Cryptobanker may be a part but wasn't really interested in that. So for the episode, Liz! I don't know how to feel about her.

It is her fault that Red is here; his escape plan failed because of her etc; but, for Red sake I hope she regrets it; her testimony; the things she is saying. I hope she deeply truly regrets her actions

I wanted Red to tell Liz about the escape plan it would redeem her in my eyes if she let him escape.

ESCAPE PLAN!

I still have faith Red will escape; My idea requires Mr. Kaplan's skillset. Right now I am thinking poison to fake death; Morgue switch after the execution... I just realized Kate did this for Liz. I wonder if it is better if this does happen and it turns out Mr. Kaplan is still alive and they can work together again or Liz does it for Red to prove her loyalty and get forgiveness. I can't really decide.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Darn it!!! Liz... Again. Really, I know that this time it actually wasn't her fault but if she had used her brain a tiny little bit, she could have guessed herself that he had a plan. I still hate her sooooo much.

Dembe really was there It broke my heart when he flew away and didn't take Red with him... But why did nobody follow Dembe, huh? I would have wanted to get the person who was going to help Red escape

The case in general was good, too I think. I really liked it and I liked how the task force was involved. For once the episode was not about Liz's crap. So it didn't make me as mad as the others about Liz and now even Ressler working together to bring him down.

Really, I don't even get why Liz isn't happy about this right now I don't believe one tear, one good or kind word that she addresses Red with anymore. Not at all... And Dembe

I hated though that we didn't get any insight on if Red suspects Liz still.

Jack, I've got the same theory you have... I somehow think that the task force might even be behind him getting out in the next episode. I think the poison actually won't be poison. It will be as with Liz's faked death.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I hated though that we didn't get any insight on if Red suspects Liz still.

Jack, I've got the same theory you have... I somehow think that the task force might even be behind him getting out in the next episode. I think the poison actually won't be poison. It will be as with Liz's faked death.
Great minds think alike its either that or Red suddenly gets a presidential pardon. He isn't guilty of treason after all.

Maybe its great acting on Megan's part or I am just gullible.

To me when Liz hatched her plan to have Red arrested she looked determined and she wanted the truth so badly but over the course of the season I think she regrets what she did. That it hit her what she did will get him killed.

Honestly thats why I lean more on the Mr Kaplan version. Liz doesn't know the plan. Multiple benefits for me.

1. I get to see Liz suffer as Raymond did.
Liz is there when Red gets the lethal injection. Red Flatlines, I want to see her reaction to that. I want Liz to suffer. I want her to go to Cooper and admit what she did. I want Dembe to say that He wants to kill her but Raymond would not want it and either she will never know the secret or Dembe tells her I will not tell you his secret except that he was your Father. I want Aram to be Aram sincere, and sympathetic to Liz. Even Ressler has good word to say. Maybe confront Liz that he figured out it was Liz that ratted him out

2. Mr Kaplan Lives
3. Raymond lives!

Last edited by Black_Jack; 03-09-2019 at 05:53 AM
Old 03-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

I must admit I actually thought Liz went to jail on purpose to stop what ever plan Red had. Cooper kept telling her he might have a plan. That's just testament to how much I dislike Liz that I thought like that. I do believe it was an accident on her part. When Dembe had to leave, Red looked devastated. My heart broke. But it's true, Jenny, hewould never risk Dembe.

I loved how Liz profiling him paralleled the second episode and how her thoughts have changed. But it killed me that I couldn't love that scene like I normally would. I just can't read her. Jack I'm totally with you in wondering what she thought would happen to Red. Is she truly just now realizing what she has done and that he might die. Did she just believe he would find a way out. Or did she just not think?

When he told her that when she spoke in court her words were very kind, it made me remember when she was trying to pay for the harbormasters daughter to go to college. And Red talks to her about guilt and regret. And at the end he says something like at the end all you have is a nice gesture.

Him saying her words were kind seemed like he was saying what a nice gesture. I just felt like he knew what she did to him and that now she is trying to assuage her guilt. I may be wrong but that's my thought

I think he is going to find out who bought the poison from bug guy and use that to get a new immunity agreement

But I must admit liz dealing with seeing him die, is like to see that.

And you know, this show... I was so furious with Dembe last week. And still am. But seeing him coming to get Red and telling him to come on and not wanting to leave him there.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 03-09-2019 at 07:43 AM
Old 03-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Good eppy

Ahh Red , near but yet so far...

Didn't think much of the blacklist case tbh

What is going on with Liz!, one week it's 'oh I want ot find out who Red is, he's got to stay in jail, next minute oh i want to get him out', it's all over the place
Old 03-10-2019, 12:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

My biggest takeaway from this episode, I know what I would want the final scene from this show to be.

Dembe asking Liz if she's ever been to Scotland? (Fade to Black)
Old 03-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode!

I was so bummed that Red wasn't able to escape. I knew he had a plan and I really thought he could execute it. Dembe was right there. He was so close but yet again Liz had to come in and ruin everything.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Red's plan failed because of Liz ... he would have gotten away, and I think part of him still suspects her which is why he didn't tell her of his plan to escape and how he intended to do it. But the way she ruined it ... SHEESH!

The pacemaker thing was ... eh. Cool to see Aram be the hero we all know him to be, but the fact that Liz NOW regrets what she did means nothing to me. Zilch.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT2001 (View Post)
My biggest takeaway from this episode, I know what I would want the final scene from this show to be.

Dembe asking Liz if she's ever been to Scotland? (Fade to Black)
Hi Jay , I loved your choice for a final scene...and then yeah, after Dembe's comment it fades to black! Too good! Well, it's not as though she hasn't put us all through the ringer over the past few episodes with her hatefulness and plotting against Red!

I'm with you too, Miranda and Lauren...Liz did Red in yet again and it's really disgusting! It's been really odd to see her turn from her quest with Jennifer to get the scoop finally but then now she whips up those tear ducts to get us all to think she's had a change of heart. I trust her as far as I can throw her. And like Crazy Diamond says, she's been all over the place and some of it I've bought into only to be disappointed later. So right now I'm still disgusted with her and only if and when she somehow is responsible for Red escaping somehow will she get back into my good graces, but even then, I'll still have a bad taste in my mouth because of her being the one to actually send Red to jail to face a possible death sentence!! It's going to take some doing for me to trust her again! I'm with Wes & Fred...her regrets don't carry weight anymore! Oh and yeah, I do agree that Red absolutely knows it was Liz who turned him in and that's why he didn't share his escape plan with her! So glad he's onto her but yeah, as someone else mentioned, it sure would be nice if the writers would include some kind of scene that lets us know that Red knows it was Liz.

Jack, they should hire you as a writer...I mean fake death, morgue switch, Kaplan still alive, all great scenarios!

Fangirl, yeah, a scene where Liz is watching and believing Red is dying! She showed what looked like some genuine emotions when she was questioning that guy trying to find out where he sent the money so she could get a lead on the Cairo guy for Red. So I found myself leaning to semi-trusting that she's halfway sincere again...but I'm still reserving judgment! Think about it, it takes a LOT to turn someone in to face a possible DEATH penalty! So yeah, I'm still mad at Liz for being so hateful, angry and emotionally immature to do such a thing, to anyone, let alone to Red!

About the only thing that makes me feel good in this entire scenario is thinking about Dembe and what a great and faithful friend he has been...except for that one glitch of not sharing about Liz. I also was glad to see Vintae show up again...and the fact they had another guy helping with the escape plan makes me wonder if both of them might be showing up as regulars to the cast in the future. I hope so.

Jenny
Old 03-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wait a second............ Maybe it wasn't suppose to work and him attempting to escape is a facade to make it seem to the media, world,etc that he's never had a deal with our government because he knew if he escaped or stayed doormat he would be dead just as quick. I think he and Cooper have worked something out that no one else can know for now. It had to appear to be a legitimate attempt for appearances and perhaps he didn't let Dembe in on it for that reason. He was counting on Liz showing up when she did. But now I wonder if he is leery of Dembe now too. As in he knows he's hiding Liz's secret.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Oh wow jay you make a lot of sense that maybe Red and Cooper had a plan.

And here's my new thought about Liz. She knew Red told her to change dinner plans to that day and also that he "rushed" her testimony. We also know Cooper said that Red might have had a plan. So it wouldn't be inconceivable to me that liz rushed to the prison in order to stop whatever Red planned.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to believe that. I want to believe her arriving at that specific time was just a coincidence and I'm holding that belief. Or trying to. But I don't trust Liz at all.

And if in the next episode, Liz is grilling Red about her past right before he is to be executed, I am going to completely write her off.

Oh and jack to add to your comments, I hate Mr sima. And I think it so wrong that he was willing to put Reds CI status in jeopardy to make sure Red died no matter what. I hope he gets some Red justice.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Oh wow jay you make a lot of sense that maybe Red and Cooper had a plan.

And here's my new thought about Liz. She knew Red told her to change dinner plans to that day and also that he "rushed" her testimony. We also know Cooper said that Red might have had a plan. So it wouldn't be inconceivable to me that liz rushed to the prison in order to stop whatever Red planned.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to believe that. I want to believe her arriving at that specific time was just a coincidence and I'm holding that belief. Or trying to. But I don't trust Liz at all.

And if in the next episode, Liz is grilling Red about her past right before he is to be executed, I am going to completely write her off.

Oh and jack to add to your comments, I hate Mr sima. And I think it so wrong that he was willing to put Reds CI status in jeopardy to make sure Red died no matter what. I hope he gets some Red justice.
I may be very wrong but something about it just seemed off. I don't know what but something's off.