Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

6x07: "GENERAL SHIRO" Episode Discussion Thread (02/15/2019 @ 9PM)

6x07 | General Shiro
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
While Red (James Spader) and Dembe (Hisham Tawfiq) enlist Glenn's (guest star Clark Middleton) help in stacking the jury to Red's advantage for his upcoming trial, the Task Force investigates a series of mysterious deaths resulting from weaponized insects. Ken Leung, Becky Ann Baker and Mark Linn-Baker also guest star.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-14-2019 at 03:37 AM
Old 02-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:30 PM
Supreme Fan

I was bummed that Glenn didn't get on the jury after all. I have to admit the blacklister didn't interest me all that much (found the bug scenes gross - I'm not a bug person), but I wanted the ep to spend more time on Red and Dembe. Hoped to see Dembe admit to Liz that he suspected her, when she said, "You know, don't you?" I wanted him to say, "Yes. I know everything." I get the feeling Liz was afraid he knew too because she suddenly went weepy-eyed the same way she did with Ressler.

Not a fan of Red still being in jail, and Liz being the reason that he's there.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-15-2019, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Yuck to bugs. Let's never do that again.

Still hate Liz.

Red and Dembe. Omg. Love them so much. Dembe has to know after Lizs stupid speech. And Red is worried. That scares me more than anything.

Glen is so funny. He blew getting on the jury. I thought he did it on purpose

Loved Cooper and Red.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Donna, I agree with you about the blacklister aspect of the story...I yawned my way through it thinking what a reach! The courtroom scenes were the best part and Glen's ranting was pretty entertaining. I found myself thinking though that if he actually made it onto the jury, that maybe his plan was to actually betray Red by convincing the others on the jury that he was guilty rather than innocent, given his proposition to Dembe earlier about betraying Red. So I was pleasantly surprised when the judge tossed him.

The last scene with Dembe and Liz has me concerned. She realizes he knows everything because he just admitted that he does. And then they left us all hanging by going on to the next scene and leaving Dembe with Liz, so now I'm thinking the unthinkable, that maybe Dembe ended up revealing everything he knows to Liz, especially since we know he's been trying to get Red to tell Liz everything for a while now but Red has consistently refused. I hope Dembe didn't cave though because if that happened, I feel like Red would never be able to trust him again, and that special trusting relationship between them has been such a positive aspect of the show from the beginning. So I don't know...Liz is quite the manipulator so again, I hope Dembe didn't cave!

So now, a 2-hour episode next week, wow, but it didn't say it was the season finale so sounds like a lot is going to transpire, and then maybe the episode after that could be the finale for this season? I can't even imagine which way this is going to go or end!

P.S. I was just glad that Jennifer wasn't in the show at all tonight...maybe she'll just run along. P.S. #2 Fangirl, I too don't like it when Red is worried! But for whatever reason, I'm guessing he finds a way out of this situation. The preview of next week's show had him standing, with the judge saying, "And the verdict is..." And if they have us wait for the episode after that one, I'll be ticked. Let's hope something surprising pops up...the writers on this show can come up with the coolest stuff sometimes (but not the bugs!).

Jenny

Last edited by Jenny Heartland; 02-15-2019 at 09:20 PM
Old 02-15-2019, 11:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wasn't sure I was watching Blacklist until I saw the opening credits. (I Thought it an episode of Fringe.) Aside from the initial shock/yuck factor, the Blacklister was unimpressive.

I thought Dembe would suspect or threaten Glen when he suggested they leave Red to rot. No way Dembe was gonna go for that but they were looking for a traitor.

I am glad Glen didn't get on that jury. I mean the Judge/Prosecutor might get another Anonymous tip that Glen was a plant.

I was worried Liz would go after Dembe after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Heartland (View Post)
The last scene with Dembe and Liz has me concerned. She realizes he knows everything because he just admitted that he does. And then they left us all hanging by going on to the next scene and leaving Dembe with Liz, so now I'm thinking the unthinkable, that maybe Dembe ended up revealing everything he knows to Liz, especially since we know he's been trying to get Red to tell Liz everything for a while now but Red has consistently refused. I hope Dembe didn't cave though because if that happened, I feel like Red would never be able to trust him again, and that special trusting relationship between them has been such a positive aspect of the show from the beginning. So I don't know...Liz is quite the manipulator so again, I hope Dembe didn't cave! Jenny
Dembe may want to but I don't think he would. It will be a betrayal of Reddington.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

No, Jenny, Dembe did not betray Red. Of that I am certain. It's funny. That scenario didn't cross my mind. I think he was looking at her like that because he realized that she set Red up. Or he was thinking that his best friend is fighting for his life and she's whining because she doesn't know everything about him.

I also think when Red compared her to Katarina he didn't mean it in a good way. Directly after that he says there's someone close to him that he can't truet. I'm sure he meant Liz.

I love your thought about Glenn being reported as a plant. That's a great thought. Liz probably would have done that.

Jenny this season is a full one with around 22 episodes. So it's nowhere close to being over.

Aram, I love him. When Cooper mentions that they could get in trouble for working with Red and Aram says we are all in, if that's what you want to know. Team Aram for me.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Heartland (View Post)
Donna, I agree with you about the blacklister aspect of the story...I yawned my way through it thinking what a reach! The courtroom scenes were the best part and Glen's ranting was pretty entertaining. I found myself thinking though that if he actually made it onto the jury, that maybe his plan was to actually betray Red by convincing the others on the jury that he was guilty rather than innocent, given his proposition to Dembe earlier about betraying Red. So I was pleasantly surprised when the judge tossed him.

The last scene with Dembe and Liz has me concerned. She realizes he knows everything because he just admitted that he does. And then they left us all hanging by going on to the next scene and leaving Dembe with Liz, so now I'm thinking the unthinkable, that maybe Dembe ended up revealing everything he knows to Liz, especially since we know he's been trying to get Red to tell Liz everything for a while now but Red has consistently refused. I hope Dembe didn't cave though because if that happened, I feel like Red would never be able to trust him again, and that special trusting relationship between them has been such a positive aspect of the show from the beginning. So I don't know...Liz is quite the manipulator so again, I hope Dembe didn't cave!

So now, a 2-hour episode next week, wow, but it didn't say it was the season finale so sounds like a lot is going to transpire, and then maybe the episode after that could be the finale for this season? I can't even imagine which way this is going to go or end!

P.S. I was just glad that Jennifer wasn't in the show at all tonight...maybe she'll just run along. P.S. #2 Fangirl, I too don't like it when Red is worried! But for whatever reason, I'm guessing he finds a way out of this situation. The preview of next week's show had him standing, with the judge saying, "And the verdict is..." And if they have us wait for the episode after that one, I'll be ticked. Let's hope something surprising pops up...the writers on this show can come up with the coolest stuff sometimes (but not the bugs!).

Jenny
Good take on Dembe and Liz. My biggest fear is just how far Liz may try to go with Dembe. Whatever she's thinking she needs to stop. But yeah back to the just like her mother comments. I also think it wasn't meant as a compliment. But for some reason the episode Lady Ambrosia came to mind especially when Red received the Poctoba Rostova file which made me wonder if that was a clue as to were Katrina has been all this time.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

If she hurts Dembe... if she kidnapped him, she would stop him helping Red and she could interrogate him. She is so desperate to learn about Red that she has truly lost herself

And now she knows that Dembe knows the whole story, she might torture it out of him or put him in a position of having to betray Red to save him.

If she goes that route, I truly see no way the writers could bring her back from this.

The juror with the pug... Red owns a dog place. Could she be the plant?

Last edited by Fangirl49; 02-16-2019 at 09:59 AM
Old 02-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here I am! Just finished watching and first of all: I soooo love Aram!!!! He is my favorite, that's for sure! And I love Cooper and Dembe, too.

The story that Red shared with Cooper about Dembe saving his life was great. I love that he shared something. So it's not just Red who saved Dembe when he was a child, Dembe saved him over and over again. I'm sure Red didn't mean it just in the sense of actually saving him from really dying but from dying mentally.

Nooo chance, that Dembe would tell Liz anything that Red wouldn't want him to. I think that Dembe knows very well that it's on Red to tell her and to decide if and when to tell her. He might have his opinion about it, but it's not on him, it's on Red.

Oh, and speaking of Dembe, was anybody else surprised about Dembe telling Liz that he as well reminded him of her mother? What does that mean? Is that a clue on him actually knowing her? Having met her in person???

Glen Actually I don't believe that he ever considered to betray Red. We very well recall that one episode with the elephants and the closing scene between Red, Dembe and Glen. I think he is loyal to Red and I think he really cares.
But him screwing the interview for the juror job Soooo Glen!

Marilyn, I as well expect the dog woman being the plant It was my guess right when the dogs were mentioned because of the dog place Red owned.

I'm still annoyed that the tape has not been mentioned again... I'm wondering if Red ever got to listen to it.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I was surprised too that Dembe said she reminded him of Katarina. I'm thinking it's got to be from a picture. I always picture Red saving Dembe years after katarina died and he became Red.

From that specific scene, I got the impression Dembe literally saved Red from drowning i thought Red drowned in the water but Dembe got him on some type of board and saved his life.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Or maybe it's him knowing about her betrayal and Katarina betraying Red back then, too? Just a thought but we don't even know if Kat betrayed Red in any way so it's a wild guess.

Yes, from this scene it was Dembe saving him from actually drowning but Red said that he always saved his life... That's what I was referring to.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Got ya. Yes Dembe always saves Red.

No we don't know anything about Katarina or what happened. I picture Red trusting Dembe enough to tell him.

But ya know from what Red said to Liz I think Katarina betrayed him.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was so sweet how Red said it. And Cooper, he was really touched by what Red told him. I loved to see that, too.

Oh yes, I'm sure it's true, what Dembe said... He knows all of it.

But Liz now knows that Liz is looking for answers (he for sure did before but she now admitted it).

The thought of Katarina betraying Red is super sad. I hope we are wrong about it because it would be such a repeat of history shall she have been the same Liz is now.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

First she tells Red she's looking for answers, then Dembe. I just thought how stupid! But didn't that just make you mad how she made it all about her.