Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2019, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

6x05: "ALTER EGO" Episode Discussion Thread (02/01/2019 @ 9PM)

6x05 | Alter Ego
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
While Red (James Spader) argues in court to uphold the validity of his immunity agreement, Liz (Megan Boone) and the Task Force question a man whose recent inheritance seems too good to be true and Dembe (Hisham Tawfiq) offers Red some advice. Ken Leung, Becky Ann Baker and Terrence Mann guest star.

Last edited by Miranda; 02-08-2021 at 09:26 AM
Old 01-31-2019, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! I can't wait.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me neither... The promo looks promising
Old 01-31-2019, 06:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm with you guys and am anxious for the next episode! The courtroom scene that's included should be great for sure, but that tape they're talking about in the promo also is going to be interesting!! Btw, I just noticed that James Spader is one of the guests on the Today Third Hour show tomorrow morning 9:00 a.m. central time (Fri) so I'm going to set my DVR to catch it just in case he has some little tidbit to share with us.

Jenny
Old 01-31-2019, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Really excited for this one.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris! really excited for this one but I have to work tomorrow so I can't watch it until tomorrow night.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry for the false lead guys, James Spader was listed to be a guest on Today Third Hour but I just FF'd through it and he wasn't on for whatever reason. Oh well, no clues from him but at least the next episode's on tonight...can't wait!

Jenny
Old 02-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Blacklist in 4 words = Its Not That Simple and this episode embodied just that.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

DEmbe broke my heart. I can't believe he thinks Red should tell Liz the truth. Red doesn't owe Liz anything. If anything Liz needs to apologize to Red. She has gone too far. And I don't know how much more Red can take.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
DEmbe broke my heart. I can't believe he thinks Red should tell Liz the truth. Red doesn't owe Liz anything. If anything Liz needs to apologize to Red. She has gone too far. And I don't know how much more Red can take.
I cant blame Dembe. To be fair Dembe does not know Lizzy had a hand in this betrayal. To him this is a father making amends/peace with his daughter.

It was a complex episode. It didn't go as I thought. I mean I thought there would some genetic faking/tampering science. That had a hand in how Reddington COULD have faked the genetic test that Lizzy was his daughter.

Still it was great episode full of twists and turns.

I know it would have been too early/easy for Red to hear that recording but I expect it would be slipped into his hands or waiting for him in his cell at the end of the episode. It is Reddington's style.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

So I'm upset with Dembe. And the Red Liz scene at the end. I mean, Red seemed so sincere. Like he has no idea it's Liz. Surely he's playing her. But looking at that and Dembe, maybe they have no clue. Or maybe Dembe suspects her and he wants Red to tell her so she will get him out. I loved Red promising vengeance at the end. But surely he knows it's Liz. I will be upset if he doesn't.

So other than my frustration, I loved the court scenes. I think Red is charming the judge.

So yes can't decide if liz called the judge and said she was the tipster. That would give it credibility. Or maybe the judge just decided against Red. I don't know.

Red called the cop a marshmallow. That whole scene was excellent. The cop was scared of Red. You could tell. Red said why would I be nervous.

Liz telling the guy she knows what it's like for family to betray her. No Liz you don't. Red never betrayed you. Tom did.

Samar, glad she went the friend request to Aram. And see that bothers me too. He should see something is wrong.

And Ressler hit my nerves too talking about Red st the beginning. Did like Aram offering to be his date. Only Aram!
Old 02-02-2019, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, I'm not upset with Dembe. I'm just sad as to him indicating that Red is just not telling her about it because of profits and power... If that's true, bye bye TBL.

And I'm with Jack here, Dembe doesn't know Liz has her hands in the betrayal. I bet as soon as he finds out he will change his mind.

But what frustrates me is that I as well got the impression for the first time that Red doesn't know or suspect it was most likely Liz. If that is true, bye bye TBL as well.

The judge decided against Red because I get her ruling

Samar sending the friend request was super cool and I'm happy she did that. It was about time. I'm still amazed that Aram doesn't suspect anything

Ressler went to Alter Ego to get a 'date' for the wedding... Oh man, I'm curious who that will be. Or do you think we'll never find out?

Quote:
Liz telling the guy she knows what it's like for family to betray her. No Liz you don't. Red never betrayed you. Tom did.
Liz really is just so annoying and self-righteous. and her fake tears at the end. I could hit her, seriously!
Old 02-02-2019, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

I think that's s my whole problem. That Dembe doesn't seem to know or even suspect. That's just beyond my comprehension and in this episode Red doesn't seem to suspect. It seems like that is all you would do is "suspect" people. And the fact that liz doesn't seem to be concerned about finding the betrayer should be a give away because that is not her nature. And I'm with you kris, if he is completely clueless, I don't think I can keep watching either.

Kris you were supposed to convince me that a Red knows or has an idea it was liz.. but you saw that scene like I did.

And I keep thinking about the poster who talked about Liz putting Red in jail with no plan to get him out. I see that so much now. I can barely look at her. Red would never do that to her.

Maybe Resslers date will be someone he can love.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Supreme Fan

I was so angry with Liz at the end, pretending that she actually cared about him. Then the way she said, "You haven't heard the recording" meaning that she realizes he will recognize her voice (if SHE made the call).

I get the feeling that Red will reel when he learns/discovers that Liz betrayed him. Watching Red be broken hearted (again ... he was so broken when he thought Lizzie died) will NOT be fun, but I know that James will act the heck out of the betrayal storyline.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

I think maybe he still feels so much regret for thinking Dembe poisoned him, ya know. I wonder if that is coloring his thinking, if that's making him hesitate to think it's luz.