Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

5x17: "ANNA-GRACIA DUERTE" Episode Discussion Thread (04/04/2018 @ 8PM)

5x17 | Anna-Garcia Duerte
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

[SIZE="1"]Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
When an associate of the Nash Syndicate is murdered, Red (James Spader) sets Liz (Megan Boone) and the Task Force on the case in order to recover evidence crucial to bringing down Ian Garvey (guest star Jonny Coyne). Meanwhile, Aram (Amir Arison) considers a step forward in his relationship with Samar (Mozhan Marno).

Last edited by Miranda; 04-27-2018 at 04:38 AM
Old 04-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris! The wait is finally over!
Old 04-05-2018, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

I absolutely love this episode and probably not for the reason you think. Wasn't Samar totally awesome? I want to be Samar when I grow up. I love how she can be a tough, strong, kickass woman who stands up for others and for what she believes. I loved that she stood up to Cooper and kicked the principal out of her office.
This is an ep where I loved the case of the week. It took me by surprise. Child brides. Didn't see that coming at all! But it was so well done. It gave Samar a chance to shine and I was so glad to see her try to help our blacklister. Liz could take lessons.

And Aram. I love him. Had a ring for Samar. The scenes with Ressler and Liz were priceless. The show needed some humor! At first I thought Samar knew about the ring and was messing with him but I wasn't sure. So does she not want to get married? I thought Aram was sad then he didn't act that way....???

Red and Liz? See that's how I took what Red did. That he did exactly what he told her he was going to do. Get the bag and kill Garvey. I think Dembe did too because he stopped her from attacking Red. Red would have just let her hit him.

When she and Aram investigated on their own, I'm yelling at the tv for them to stop. I thought they were going to get the witness killed. It had all the feelings of Kaplans big fake death mistakes. I was glad Red had Dembe following them and he saved the day.

I liked their conversation at the end where Liz thanked him. Omg and Dembe made a joke about Red.

One question, Red told Garvey about Liz and told Liz he was sorry. I took it that he overplayed his hand with Garvey and that he made a mistake because he was pisssed. I don't think he was deliberately trying to lead him to Liz. How did you guys take it?

So the white supremacist said you can come in but THIS stays outside. He almost died then. I could see Red forgetting he needed info. Red killed him though. Good. Talking to Dembe that way. It was wrong.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
So the white supremacist said you can come in but THIS stays outside. He almost died then. I could see Red forgetting he needed info. Red killed him though. Good. Talking to Dembe that way. It was wrong.
When that fat, bearded Neo-Nazi called Dembe THIS.... I wanted through the screen and punch him in his disgusting mouth!! No one says things like that to Dembe!! And then, when he let it roll off him like water, I wanted to hug Dembe!! But I was so pleased when Red shot that dude I was like, "HA!! That's what you get!!"

NOW... for everything else.

Samar!!! OMG! Samar!!! I love her more and more with every passing episode! You could see this case was tough for her. At the end of the episode, I had the thought that she might let the girl go, but then I quickly dismissed it because that's not Samar. She upholds the law, no matter what. She did whatever she could to get that girl treated fairly and recognized as a victim, and not just a murderer. I LOVE HER FOR THAT! Samar is the essence of a STRONG WOMAN.

Aram was super sweet with the ring! His first inclination as giving it to her as a gift was dead on, then Ressler had to open his mouth, and make him second guess himself. And Liz... I don't think she was right about Samar and the ring. Samar knows Aram better than anyone. When she was putting the ring on she said, "I know it's from you." She knew Aram was giving it to her as a gift and that's all that it was. A token of his love for her. I think Samar knows that when Aram is ready to POP the question, he'll do it.

With Red taking the witness, I have no problem with that, because that witness is probably living a better life with his grandmother on some island right about now. Red told Liz that he was going to do whatever he had to just to get that bag of bones back. It's not his fault she didn't take him at his word. Garvey is going to die, Red said as much. And that's all I have to say on that.

This episode was REALLY GOOD!
Old 04-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I soooo loved the episode as well. It was fantastic, the mixture just was great. I loved the case of the week and our blacklister, I loved the Garvey part, I loved all we got from Ressler, Aram and Samar. It was such a perfect episode.

Quote:
One question, Red told Garvey about Liz and told Liz he was sorry. I took it that he overplayed his hand with Garvey and that he made a mistake because he was pisssed. I don't think he was deliberately trying to lead him to Liz. How did you guys take it?
First of all to your question. I really think that Red told Garvey about Liz on purpose. He wanted to test how far Garvey would go and he assumed that he'd come for Liz. He was right in the end and he apologized because he had to bring her in danger.

And see, the different eyes guy was important and that Aram saw him because he was supposed to keep digging into it... He had to find out about who the guy was and Liz was there to tell him that he was working for Red, not Garvey.

Samar I have no words besides of that. She was so stunning in this episode! This woman kills it. And yes, she is kind of my example for a role model. Damn, this case really got to her and when she told the story about her cousin It almost made me cry. I'm wondering what happened to her, that cousin I mean.

Aram And yes, never listen to Liz when it comes to engagements, marriages and so on because she really has no idea at all. I hate what she said to him and I hate that because of it his really sweet gesture was screwed for him. I'm sure Samar would want to marry Aram but she knows him. She knows this was just a present to show her how much he loves her. That doesn't always require a proposal... Damn, Liz. Did you learn nothing in your life?

So Red is going to strip Garvey of his power. Nice. This could have been from me

This Neo-Nazi guy that called Dembe 'THIS'. I really though he'd be shot by Red right away. So glad though he suffered that fate not much later. Such an ass! It was good to see though that Dembe kept calm
Old 04-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Damn, Liz. Did you learn nothing in your life?

This Neo-Nazi guy that called Dembe 'THIS'. I really though he'd be shot by Red right away. So glad though he suffered that fate not much later. Such an ass! It was good to see though that Dembe kept calm

To the bolded part: Of course Liz learning NOTHING... she married the same moron three times.... That automatically DISQUALIFIES her from giving any sort of relationship advice! EVER! lol!

It should be the civic duty of EVERYONE to punch a Neo-Nazi in the face... with a shovel, and then walk away whistling a happy tune! lol!
Old 04-05-2018, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

But liz recognized the two eyes guy because she saw him with Red. What did you think of Arams reaction to learning it was Red? Or really no reaction at all.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

I think somewhere in the back of Aram's mind, he might have thought it was Reddington. Garvey is bold as brass, but no one beats Red at a snatch and grab.... especially one that Aram witnessed.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

When they found the tracking device and it looked like an inside job, they showed Samar and I thought for a minute that she helped Red.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think Samar would go that far for Reddington, especially if it had the potential to put Aram at risk.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

For the second time this season, The Blacklist did SVU better than SVU. Another really awesome episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
To the bolded part: Of course Liz learning NOTHING... she married the same moron three times.... That automatically DISQUALIFIES her from giving any sort of relationship advice! EVER! lol!

It should be the civic duty of EVERYONE to punch a Neo-Nazi in the face... with a shovel, and then walk away whistling a happy tune! lol!
He almost was. Had Dembe not said its okay I will wait outside, the door would've gotten a fresh coat of Red Paint. The look on Red's face was very similar to the one he had before he dropped the director off just in time for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT2001 (View Post)
He almost was. Had Dembe not said its okay I will wait outside, the door would've gotten a fresh coat of Red Paint. The look on Red's face was very similar to the one he had before he dropped the director off just in time for dinner.
Sorry I responded to the wrong comment. My apologies

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 04-08-2018 at 12:21 PM Reason: multiple posts in a row
Old 04-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So! I finally had time to watch the episode tonight! I have been so damn busy that this was the first chance I had to watch the episode and I really loved it!

Very interesting and good blacklister! I can totally understand why she did what she did and I am very glad that she will not be charged as an adult. She was a victim as well.

Loved Aram and Samar!!! They were sooo cute together! I loved that we got to see them at home and the moment when he gave her the ring was so cute. He was all awkward as such. So sweet.

I also really liked the scene between Aram and Ressler.

Samar really kicked ass this episode! The way she talked to Anna Gracia was amazing. She really felt for her and she really wanted her to get another chance and I am glad that she was able to talk her down.

Red and Liz.. what I can I say. I don't know at the moment. It's confusing..
Old 04-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, Red and Liz being confusing might hit the nail on its head I'm really lost there, too.

And I knew you'd enjoy the episode as well. It really was one of the good ones.

Tari, your shovel comment Soooo true!

Jason, so you really loved the episode, too, right? I thought it fantastic, too, with this blacklister and the outcome for her not being judged as an adult. It's been the right thing to do.

And I don't believe that Aram knew or considered that Red would be behind the ambush. Though his reaction to learning the truth... Hm, like Marilyn said, none at all. I thought it odd. Especially since he was so into finding out who did it.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe Aram reacted like that because he knew that Red wouldn't hurt the boy? I really don't know..

It really was a very good episode!
Old 04-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

I expected him to say something about Red so we can know what he thought. Idk. Maybe the writers wanted to focus on Liz being mad again.

But since we got nothing we better not find out Aram has been mad for weeks.