Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

5x13: "THE INVISIBLE HAND" Episode Discussion Thread (02/07/2018 @ 8PM)

5x13 | The Invisible Hand
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
When bodies are discovered in abandoned woods, Red (James Spader) points the Task Force toward The Invisible Hand, a group that targets those whose actions are morally reprehensible yet fully legal. Meanwhile, Red steps in to assist one of his employees, and Liz (Megan Boone) discovers a major clue about Tom's investigation.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-26-2018 at 09:44 AM
Old 02-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah... that promo isn't creepy at all....

Thanks for the thread!
Old 02-07-2018, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

So Dom is Oleander! Wow. I still don't remember the first mention of Oleander though. And Red's secret must be powerful is Dom is willing to lie for it.

So Red and Big Willie and Anthony. Sorry I shot you balloons. That was funny. So Red has been investigating and has discovered the Nash Syndicate and the police behind it. I guess he was further along than we thought. He just didn't tell anyone. And the Hand was connected to the Toy maker.

I liked the case and felt sorry for the people committing the crimes. All these relatable crimes are killing Ressler...and was anybody else screaming at him when he ran in the polluted field?

And when he said "I know, he's adorable." AHAHAH. I guess they've been hearing that a lot.

Enjoyed seeing Dom again. Liked his interaction with Liz, but he didn't tell her who he was. Still can't believe it. Now, how does Oleander fit in with the suitcase and the bones.

I do not want Katarina to be alive.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Dom looked like he was about to have a heart attack when Liz showed up at his door. We know he was lying... and Liz probably knew he was lying, but played along.

The cop investigating Tom's murder.... great... Crooked as crap! Ugh! And Garvey.... why did he have to be a US Marshal? double UGH!

I liked Red holding the dog! It was so adorable!
Old 02-08-2018, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved this episode!! It was amazing!

OMG! I can't believe Dom is Oleander! I wonder what the big secret is that he is keeping from Liz. That he is lying to her for Red's sake. For a moment, I really thought he was going to tell Liz that he is her grandfather. I really hope one day he will get a chance to do so and build a relationship with her.

Garvey is a cop!!! and the cop "investigating" Tom's murder works for him!!!! This is one big corrupt mess. What is going to be next.. Do you guys think Garvey is a part of the Nash Syndicate?

So now Liz wants to be back with the team. Now they are good enough to help her. I don't understand why Cooper let her come back. He knows that she is going to abuse her badge.

Ressler was so cute when he was saying that Aram was adorable! I had to laugh!

The blacklisters were great! Of course I don't condone what they did but they did it for a good reason.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Dom must know the secret and he's helping him keep it. If the bones are Katarinas I can't imagine dom helping Red. They really have a love hate relationship. It's like Dom doesn't like him. But Red is the first person he called. And a Red turned to Dom after the fake death.

I don't think Liz picked up on who Dom was. I watched that scene thinking her profiling skills are gone.

Going back to the team got me too especially Cooper saying how will you get revenge or whatever. I mean revenge to me means murder. Arresting them is something different.

The Nash Syndicate is tied into Garvey and the other cop. But I bet someone else runs it. And Red knows that. So he has been investigating right? He hasn't just learned that since Liz returned, did he?
Old 02-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here I am, finally!

I really loved the episode as well Finally something great that tied to the whole storyline and the mythology of the show

First of all, Tari, you're right. It's really the badge of the US Marshals that Garvey was wearing on his belt... Damn it, I can't believe it.

About the Nash Syndicate, where did I hear that name before? I know that I heard it before but I can't grasp where it was... So please, anybody help me?

Dom is Oleander... I didn't expect that. But wow, Oleander really was important. I wasn't so sure since it was never mentioned again since the beginning of the season. Marilyn, you still need a re-watch You should join me
But he didn't tell Liz... And what does it mean that Dom was Oleander, what does it mean regarding the mythology of the show. If he was an agent, that means he never was that harmless guy either. It always seemed to me that he was super innocent and that he blamed Red for everything. But is it really all Red's fault? Dom must somehow be involved. And he willingly lied to Liz about who he is... Wow, that's big!

Liz wanting back into the team How selfish can a person be and I don't get it either, Miranda, why would Cooper let her back on the team while he knows exactly that she just wants revenge for Tom's death and therefore will go against the rules in the process?

I really felt sorry for the blacklisters. They just wanted for there to be justice and they didn't get it and therefore thought this was the way. It really was sad.

Ressler was amazing! Him and his 'yeah, he is adorable' It was super cute! And I was with you when he ran into the contaminated field without any protection
Old 02-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

I don't remember hearing about Nash Syndicate before but that doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, that's huge with Dom. He was a spy. Didn't see that coming. So did he drag Kat into the spy business. What is his part in this ?

You remember Reds story about the farmer in the stewmaker. Once we met Dom I thought the story was about him.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe I'm really mixing things up? Because if you don't recall anything about them, I'm not sure I remember right...

Exactly! I didn't see it coming myself and am wondering if he was the one who dragged all of them into this?! Did he somehow work with Red? Against Red? Or whatever... Have they been enemies?

I remember that story very well... And it's true. It very well could have been about Dom, too.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

I hadn't even thought about whether he drug them into it. What if he was there the night of the fire?
Old 02-11-2018, 02:50 PM
New Fan

So Dom was Katerina's father and is Oleander, a Russian spy. He has to be a bigger player in all this because they are bringing him back more and more. Cape May was my absolute favorite episode. I think it holds so many clues to all this. It also led into Red going to see Dom after finding the locket. Did he know Dom in Russia when he was having the affair with Katerina? Why was Dom so important to him? There was an episode where Red went back to see him but I can't remember which one. Red made a comment to him that he wished he could have been everything he wanted him to be ?? If Dom was Katerina's father, why would he say that? My own personal feeling is that the bones belong to the real Raymond Reddington and that Katerina faked her death and then took on his identity. Mr. Kaplan cleaned up the body and hid it that night in the hotel room where they were staying. Not sure how with Liz there but maybe we will see that part at some point. I know it is crazy but too many things point to Red being Katerina, at least for me.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Whatever the secret of who Red is, it will be something we don't expect. The episode you're talking about is right after Cape May but I don't know the name. I don't remember Red making The statement to Dom. I need to rewatch it.

Katarina being Red. I hope you are wrong but I must admit I've thought about it.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Dom is much bigger player in all of this as well. I think Katarina got into the spy business because Dom was in it and I also think that Red knew Dom when he had the affair with Katarina. I just don't know how everything else adds up but I certainly do not believe that Katarina took on Red's identity. That is just too crazy. That means she would have had so many surgery to look like a man, let alone look like Red. That theory goes way to far for me.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

I was rethinking Kate's statement to Red about him putting Liz in her arms as a baby and trying to reconcile that to Kate's memories which seem to reveal that she met Red later. So yeah that made me wonder if Katarina was Red. But no I don't believe it. Because that statement and the memories don't go together.

But for me Kate's memories seemed to mess up the timeline. I've said that many times before.