Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

5x12: "THE COOK" Episode Discussion Thread (01/31/2018 @ 8PM)

5x12 | The Cook
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
As Liz (Megan Boone) works with Red (James Spader) to hunt for Tom's killers, she begins to question his motives. Meanwhile, the Task Force enlists the help of one arsonist to catch another.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-26-2018 at 09:38 AM
Old 01-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome I'm just so happy that we'll get a new episode tonight Finally! Although I know that next week will be the last one for some weeks though

But I won't be able to watch it until late in the evening again
Old 02-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Liz is so all over the place I'm getting whiplash. So now she doesn't want to avenge Tom. She wants to know what he was hiding. She never wanted to give Agnes up and it's Reds fault she had to. She knows she will have to pay for what she did to Navarro. I'm looking at her and wonderingt what happened. Now it's like she's not revenge crazy at all. And bottom line giving up Agnes was totally her choice. Not Reds fault.

Her whole attitude was like night and day. Now I did like that she asked Red what he knew. I liked Dembe advising Red. And I liked Red initiating the conversation with her. And answering her questions. And I could deal with him saying that it involved a secret he wanted to keep about himself. I took that as him being honest.

I thought their conversation good and heartfelt. It just got me when Liz brought up Agnes and saying she wanted to be with Agnes. Ummm no you don't. Because if you did, you would be. And her saying that totally took away my idea of them writing Agnes out of the show. You don't get to blame Red for that at least.

What did you think of the look she gave him when they saw the note? At first I thought it concern then at the end she says she's going to learn his secret.

Good case of the week. It felt good to see the team. And Ressler and his comments at the end. Excellent. He has really grown.

So why does Red need this arsonist out of jail. What plan does he have.

And again it's like the whole show has been on hold. Because it makes no sense that Red has not been investigating until now. Or that Garvey hadn't made a move. It's like they were just waiting on Liz.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really loved this episode! The blacklister was so interesting and well put together!

We know the truth.. who could have left that note Ian Garvey and his men or somebody else?

At least Red told her that he had a secret that he can't tell her. For a moment I thought he was going to tell her that Tom had a suitcase or that he isn't her father but he didn't say anything, But he had to know that he would only make it worse. That Liz would be even more adment to find out what his secret is.

Red and the mother of the boy. I had to laugh. He is scared of that woman.

I wonder why Red needs that fire guy as well.

What Ressler said at the parole hearing made me sad. but he has definity grown.

I am get more and more annoyed with Liz every episode. And again she makes it seem it is all his fault. That she can't spend her time with her daughter because he is not being honest with her. It was her own damn decision to give Agnes to Scottie.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

This Is Liz. She loves uncovering secrets. But still.....

She asked and Red gave a straight up answer. He told Tom to stop investigating and he didn't. He has a secret he would like to keep. He and Liz are trying to achieve the same results. And yeah he said nothing until she asked. But when she did he told her. I don't know that he is supposed to tell her something he doesn't want to. It reminds me of the scene in S1 when he says something like I killed Sam to stop you from learning the truth. I'm certainly not going to tell you now.
I can see both sides. I can see Liz wanting to know. But she's bound to know Red did everything he could to stop Tom. Kaplan wanted Reds secret exposed. She did it to hurt him. I blame Kaplan for all this.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She likes treasure hunts as well. Just like her dad.

I couldn't agree with you more. I can relate to both sides. Liz should at least try to accept that Red doesn't want to tell her. I am sure there are a lot of things that Liz doesn't want to tell Red.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

She lied to him about keeping Tom in a cage.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finally saw the episode as well And it really was a good one. It felt more like The Blacklist again.

First of all Liz and Red. Really, I loved Liz in this episode until the point where she brought up Agnes and that it all was Red's fault. This makes me angry... Seriously??? She chose to give her daughter away and damn it, if she would have wanted to be with her, she would be. How can a person be soooo selfish and so no capable to realize that not all that happens in her life is to blame on somebody else?

This look of hers, when they discovered the "We know the truth." message I really thought she was concerned as well. But apparently, she doesn't seem to be. At least the final scene made that clear to me... He has a secret and he needs to keep it that way. What is so hard to understand about it? He didn't even say why? Maybe there is a very good reason for it. She didn't even ask.
And she is always asking about honesty, now she gets it, it's not enough as well.

The mother of the tech child! She was amazing and the bad luck on the number four! I normally know that but I didn't even think about it when he showed Liz the spiders

The blacklister was good, too and I loved to see the task force work together. I just wish they would combine it some more again... I don't like Liz and Red being completely separated from the rest. It's not my show.
And what's his plan for the arsonist? I have no idea either...

Ressler at the end It was amazing and I'm kind of happy that the guy got out of the prison. Like Ressler said, everybody deserves a second chance.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

I loved Liz too until the conversation about Agnes. You're right Kris she didn't try to prolong the conversation or keep Red talking. That's always my complaint about her. All these missed opportunities
Old 02-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't get it... Would she not be that selfish all the time, he might have shared a lot more with her already... But she never listens, she always gets so angry and when the breeze cools down Red is closing up towards her even more
Old 02-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You really think if she wouldn't be so selfish that Red would tell her more? I am not sure about that. He is so set on keeping his secrets a secret.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I think he would. He very well might have gotten closer to her.

But all he got was her lying to him, her faking her death, her blaming him. What else would you do with a person you don't trust? For sure not share anything personal about you, right? He might not have shared everything but I bet he would have been less reluctant with some things.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

I was gonna say the exact same thing. If they had continued on as they were at the end S3 part 1 I think they would be a lot closer.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, most of it happened after the season 3 midseason finale All of it to be specific. There was such a break in that relationship that I still can't explain.