Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

5x10: "THE INFORMANT" Episode Discussion Thread (01/10/2018 @ 8PM)

5x10 | The Informant
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
When Red (James Spader) directs the Task Force to find a Blacklister who uses his position of power to sell sensitive information, Ressler (Diego Klattenhoff) finds himself at risk of exposure. Meanwhile, Liz (Megan Boone) plans her next move.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-26-2018 at 09:40 AM
Old 01-11-2018, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Miranda do I hear you screaming in excitement? I think I'm screaming with you!!! Finally a good Ressler episode! And Red and Ressler at that. You know I think my only regret for this show is the long time jump. I think I would have liked to see other episodes showing Ressslers struggle you know. Because all this was so hard on him.

But we got Red and Ressler together. And the way it worked out. It was beautiful. Ressler thanked Red for helping with Audrey. He thanked him. And Red no matter what we know he truly cares for the task force. He shows it sometimes but I think none of them will ever know how he looks at them. He called Ressler a friend. Not in the way he looks at Dembe I know. But still that was nice.

Samar is Reds contact at he FBI. That was interesting.

I loved Arams description of Ressler. It was spot on. And Diego did a good job with his scenes. I truly felt his struggle.

I'm kind of over Liz. Maybe if she was getting revenge for someone other than Tom it would matter to me. I'm just not there yet. She did learn that Tom was the one who hired Nik. Good.

So her conversation with Red is as interesting. Is Red just not telling her about Garvey. Or does he really not know who's behind it. He's bound to know if Liz investigates she will learn about him.

Finally I actually liked coopers speech to Ressler at the end. I thought I wouldn't. So what has Cooper done? Did he fake the DNA results he gave Liz? Lol. Just kidding. I wonder if he did something during the time jump or before?
Old 01-11-2018, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

I do like what Red said to Cooper. "I'm on the Devil on her shoulder, you're the Angel."

I like Dark Liz... but the reason she's gone to the dark side is just BLAH.....

I'm glad Ressler is no longer working for that Fixer. Dude was a pretentious jerk...

Red and Tattoo Girl was awesome! And he gets her an appointment with a famous tattoo artist! I have tattoo's and I find that extremely KEWL!
Old 01-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes you definitly heard me scream Marilyn!! I love this episode so much! It was a great episode! Especially regarding Red and Ressler. I teared up when Ressler thanked Red for what he did for him when Audrey died. I loved that they talked about Audrey again and that Ressler finally thanked him.

Every scene between them was so amazing! And I am so glad that Red helped Ressler with Prescott and like we thought, Red knew everything from the beginning! If it wouldn't have been for Red, Ressler would have wound up in jail. Or he would have killed Prescott but I am soo glad he didn't do it. If he did, he wouldn't have been able to come back from that I think. He already crossed a line I never thought he would cross.

Prescott really had everybody under his thumb and I am so happy that he is gone now! And that he is never coming back cause otherwise this would have never ended.

The last scene between Ressler and Cooper brought tears to my eyes as well. I am so glad that Cooper is not going to do anything with his confession (yet). I am really curious what Cooper gave Ressler. Do you think Ressler will check to see what Cooper gave him?

Did you guys notice that when Red introduced Paris to Liz, that he only said: "I would like you to meet Elizabeth." He didn't say that she was his daughter..

I really wish we knew what happened during the time jump. I don't know why Red doesn't tell Liz about Garvey. Maybe he wants to get to Garvey himself?

Liz officially crossed over the line for me now. And there is no way back.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ooookay... I thought it a really good episode Finally our show is back on its course somehow.

First of all, you were right. Liz isn't back with the task force and aside of not being interested in her daughter's life, she isn't in the lives of any of the task force members or the task force in general anymore... It's pathetic. Don't get me wrong, but it's true... I'm over her wanting revenge over Tom's killers as well because seriously, the extent is pathetic. I can't think of another word.
I really love Liz in action and she was pretty good there, but I'm so not interested what she is doing it for and she completely lost me there with to what extremes she goes and her disinterest in the others And don't even get me started at the end If you want to be the cool and tough chick, don't freak out when a guy dies because of your actions or if you almost die through it I'm really over it.

Ressler and Red! It was fantastic! They talked about Audrey again and Ressler recalls what Red told him. I loved it soooo much! It was fantastic. I really loved it.
But I'm not soooo sure what I think about Red killing Prescott. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Ressler didn't have to go to jail and that Prescott is gone, I'm just not sure how Ressler will live with that for now.

I loved the conversation between Cooper and Ressler. It was great. What do you think is in the envelop that Cooper gave Ressler? I'm really curious.

Samar suspected it... I'm glad she's paying attention.

And what about this case... Was it really just about Prescott and helping Ressler and protect himself from being exposed to be working with the FBI?

I loved that we saw Garvey again. Red can't tell her about him because they are involved into the suitcase. And Garvey was happy that Liz was back... Why? Because he might be able to find Red through her? Or what was it or is it that he hopes to get from/through her?

Liz finally figured out that Tom wasn't the all innocent guy there... What a surprise to her, huh? So Nick died because of Tom... She'd make that conclusion now, too.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

I think Red gave the case to test and find a way to save Ressler I agree Ressler will struggle with what Red did. I guess that's why Cooper kept the confession. To help Ressler and prepare for when Red leaves, of Ressler still wants to confess. Hey could coopers comfession be that he told Red how to get to Prescott?

Prescott was an ass but I didn't realize everybody he had under control. Even the judge!
Old 01-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Prescott would have been better as the blacklister then this informant guy.

I am so glad that Samar picked up that Ressler wasn't doing good.

I think Garvey thinks he can find Red through Liz. And that is of course why he doesn't tell her about Garvey, because of the suitcase. It kinda slipped my mind that Garvey has the suitcase.

If Liz hadn't killed the guy working for Garvey ( I forgot his name) do you think he would have also told her about the suitcase or not? He told her that Nik was working for Tom.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah but here we go with Reds list. The informant was a means to an end. And in this case Prescott could not be the blacklister because everything would point to Ressler.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

True... The Informant wasn't really such a blacklister. Prescott was so much better but yeah, we won't change it.

And yes, it turned out that Prescott really operated on high ranks Didn't expect that either.

Hm, not sure if the guy would have told her... I somehow doubt that. He didn't seem as if he wanted to tell her anything else.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder what number Prescott would have.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me, too... I think he would have been a lot higher than The Informant
Old 01-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

Ressler must have really been in deep for a cop to be investigating him. When the password was his fake nAme I thought oh no.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Prescott would have had a higher number as well.

I think Ressler was in way deeper than we know. I was shocked when the password was his alias name. And I knew it was going to backfire in his face.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was really shocked as well that another cop was investigating him and that Prescott somehow found out and got this one killed and the judge to drop it I really didn't think that it was investigated sooo deep already.

Or do you think that cop only started when Ressler was going against Prescott? No, right?
Old 01-14-2018, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No I think it was a longer process than that. I am so glad that Ressler no longer has to ea with Prescott anymore.

And we were right when we said that we thought Red knew what was going on and he did.