Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2017, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

5x06: "THE TRAVEL AGENCY" Episode Discussion Thread (11/01/2017 @ 8PM)

5x06 | The Travel Agency
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
While Cooper (Harry Lennix) enlists Red (James Spader) on a case of personal importance, Ressler (Diego Klattenhoff) leads the Task Force on a mission to stop the resurgence of once-dormant murder-for-hire ring. Determined to find answers, Tom (Ryan Eggold) disregards a warning to halt his investigation into the suitcase.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-26-2018 at 09:36 AM
Old 10-31-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome I'll again watch this one first thing in the morning on Thursday if my boss is okay with it.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am off tomorrow so I am going to watch it in the morning as well.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, that's really amazing news!!!!
Old 11-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

And next up on Tom Keen's collateral damage hit parade!!!!! The nurse from the clinic. I didn't bother remembering her name cause she's gonna be dead soon.

The entire time Tom was talking to Red in the back of the car I kept shouting "SHUT YOUR FACE!!" His hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Then the end.... I had to shut it off! The pointless Keens at the Justice of the Peace to get married! I;m good thanks.

Now, onto things I liked!!

Red playing Miniature Golf! hahaha!

Red helping Harold!

RED BACK TO WEARING HIS SUITS!!! YAY!!! AND HIS HAT!!!! (I really liked that a lot)

Dembe and Red having their tournament, and their little exchange! Hahahah!
Old 11-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, guys... I considered this Red and Cooper stuff really good. But all I have left to say after seeing the final scene is:

I can't puke as much as this final scene deserves me to. That's it.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously.. this was such a great episode and then they end with this?! Why? Why? Why? I really thought that Liz was suspecting that something was going on with Tom but I guess she doesn't otherwise she wouldn't have married him..

Tom is such a backstabbing lying two faced you name it.. him accusing Red of lying to Liz when he does the EXACT same thing to Liz. Like, how can you look at yourself in the mirror. I can't believe this...

I really loved seeing Cooper work together with Red! I think they are more alike than Cooper would like to admit. Hopefully his attitude towards Red is going to change because of what happened in this episode.

The blacklister was really awesome too! Having amnesia sucks big time of course and it gets even worse when your wife takes advantage of you like his wife did but this blacklister was so well written. I really loved it!

Red and Dembe playing miniature golf! I loved that. One of my favorite scenes and Dembe not being able to name a thing that Red was good at had me laughing.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

The ending never happened. I have a total block. I will stop at miniature golf with every rewatch.

This episode had so much to love. Red and Dembe and the tournament. I love their friendship.

I loved Harold and Red. Maybe I pretend S4 didn't happen either. I have always seen them as friends. I firmly believe they knew each other before Red turned himself in. I think they have a mutual respect. It was obvious this episode. I love that this show was not afraid to discuss cops killing unarmed black men. It's such a problem in this country. And they did it with respect for all. And Cooper has such a poignant and powerful speaking voice imo. I thought he did a great job with that scene.

Red and Tom. Sigh. I hate Tom. So he's so worried for Liz and wants to protect her that he hides the suitcase. But now he's going to find out the truth and tell her? Make sense Tom. And Red told him his plan and how dangerous it is. Tom you should listen.

Yep the girlfriend is going to die. I was totally wrong about her. So Tom thinks Pete hired the guy to scare her? I don't. I think it's the big bad.

I loved the blacklister story too. But thought he got. what he deserved. When the wife looked at Liz and said then you'll understand this.... my heart broke. I also thought they were foreshadowing Liz and Tom. Liz is totally the wife. Betrayed lied to by her murdering husband. That's Lizs story. And I just knew she was connecting the dots and thinking of Toms history. But no..... she's not. That was just me. She marries him.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that the person who was following Pete's girlfriend talked to the person who killed Nik on the phone. The guy who was following her obviously did it because he was told too and both times he called someone and I think that is the person who killed Nik or who gave somebody the order to kill Nik.

I really thought when Eleanor heard Liz say that she understand that she was going to lower the gun and surrender but instead she killed her husband which in these circumstances I can understand. Not that I am saying it is good that she did it but it was his fault that their girls died. But what I don't get it why she waited this long? She said it took her 4 years to figure it out and then another 6 to find out who worked for the agency (or the other way around) so that is 10 years. Why go through all this trouble and do this 30+ years later? I don't get that.

I am going to try to pretend like the ending didn't happen either.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Not that I am saying it is good that she did it but it was his fault that their girls died. But what I don't get it why she waited this long? She said it took her 4 years to figure it out and then another 6 to find out who worked for the agency (or the other way around) so that is 10 years. Why go through all this trouble and do this 30+ years later? I don't get that.
The loss of a child, and in her case both her children, is a pain so unbearable that it would have led her to do anything she could to make it stop. When she found out that it was her husband's fault, the man she loved.... that anger mixed with that tremendous loss pushed her over the edge, and she wanted to seek revenge.

Pain and loss make people do extreme things, but each person is different.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

She could have been in shock or stuck in depression or denial.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Some people get angry... Some people just break.... It's different for every person. For her, she felt her deep loss, and then she discovered her husband's betrayal. That feeling of hatred ran so deep that there was no coming back from it. The father of her children was the reason her babies were dead. The is no creature on earth more deadly than a mother. She felt vengeance was her only solution.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
The loss of a child, and in her case both her children, is a pain so unbearable that it would have led her to do anything she could to make it stop. When she found out that it was her husband's fault, the man she loved.... that anger mixed with that tremendous loss pushed her over the edge, and she wanted to seek revenge.

Pain and loss make people do extreme things, but each person is different.
Believe me, I get that and you are right about it so that is why I wonder why she waited so long to seek revenge. How hard must it have been for her to keep this act up that everything was normal for so long..
Old 11-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

No one can really know...

Some people want that automatic act of vengeance, others take their time, plan, and re-plan. But like I said, people react in different ways.

Last edited by Miranda; 11-04-2017 at 01:53 PM Reason: double post