Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

4x22: "MR. KAPLAN: CONCLUSION" Episode Discussion Thread (05/18/2017 @ 10PM)

4x22 | Mr. Kaplan: Conclusion
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
SEASON FINALE CONTINUES. Red (James Spader) sets a risky plan in motion to save the Task Force and himself as Mr. Kaplan (Susan Blommaert) launches the final phase of her assault on his criminal empire. With the future of the Task Force in jeopardy, Liz (Megan Boone) confronts the biggest questions about her past.

Last edited by Miranda; 06-30-2017 at 05:58 AM
Old 05-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this Kris!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's it, the finale... I really can't wait and I gladly am able to watch the episodes first thing in the morning Otherwise I wouldn't survive my work day.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to work until 6pm so I can't watch them until tomorrow night..
Old 05-18-2017, 08:02 PM
New Fan

WOW I love it!!!

Only I think Red killed Katerina or she die because of him?

Last edited by GossipBoy; 05-18-2017 at 08:17 PM
Old 05-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm thinking that "this" Red killed the REAL Red and those were his bones. Or perhaps Katerina killed the REAL Red, who was Liz's father, and then this Red took over his identity.

It was weird for them to keep saying Red isn't Liz's father, and that Red never lied to her about that ... only to whip out DNA results from years ago that now say he is. Serious retcon. Especially since Red told Liz she shot and killed her father.

Not a fan of this about-face.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really not sure what to think about the finale... First of all, come on, Cooper... You took blood from 30 years ago! If the Red now is an imposter, that means the Red back then was the real Raymond Reddington and yes, this one would match Liz's DNA! So we now know for sure that the REAL Raymond Reddington (no matter if it's our Red or not) is Liz's father... But I really doubt it's Red. Especially since Dembe asked him: "And you didn't deny it?". He didn't...

So, what corpse did Kaplan dig out? Was it really Katarina's or is it the real Raymond Reddington, Liz's father? And if Red isn't her father, why is he so eager to protect her? I don't get this I'm at a loss here!

There will be a lot of drama in the new season I guess, when all the truths come out finally. I'm wondering, what Red has done.

Tom being the one getting his hands on the suit case! I didn't expect that but very well done... And do you think he called Liz in the end or some of Kaplan's people?

Ressler I'm so shocked! See, that's how easily you can become a murderer and he chose to go down the dark road and have it covered up. He will be devastated and I'm wondering how he'll get through it.

Janet, this stupid bitch!!!! I'm so relieved that Aram found out the truth and that Samar chose to not tell him back when he was in the cell... And they kissed!!!!!

Kaplan killing herself... I guess she could be dead now. Finally! I'm glad she didn't survive the finale but her doings will keep hunting Red still.

Gale... Do you think he'll be back?
Old 05-19-2017, 05:53 AM
New Fan

I was so happy yet so confused with the final episode!

Even though Liz and Red finally spoke about him being her dad, I still cant help but think he is not her father?? how bad is that! I am so happy if he is, i felt quite emotional watching it, but still wondering why Red would say she killed her father in the fire and also admit that he wasnt her father to her in the first series.

The impostor thing, how does that work? Does Cooper and other people remember him from when he was working with them all them years ago? His ex wife? She married Red, im assuming before he became a criminal so how does that work if he is an imposter?
As for the body, it could be her real father. I guess its leading us to think its Kat. Did he kill her? Did she commit suicide and he buried her? There will be evidence on the body that will show how the person died so for Red to want to hide it im wondering if its more than likely her real Dad.
Would be more interesting if Liz opened the DNA test results that she took off him herself to see if they match with her rather than something from 30 years ago.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

I'm at a loss too. So yeah, the blood from 30 years ago was the real Red. I knew as soon as they didn't use The blood from when Red was shot. And Liz didn't bother to do the test when she had the chance? Wow. I th k our Red planned for her to do the test because he knew it would show he was telling the truth.

I have never seen red speechless, but when Liz showed him the test I don't think he was quiet because he wanted to be. I literally think he didn't know what to say. He was stunned. That's why he didn't deny it. He was shocked. I don't think he realized Cooper had old DNA. I can't believe how Liz seemed overjoyed that he was her dad.

So Cooper rescued the real Red all those years ago. He probably never saw him. And that is why our Red surrendered.

Poor Ressler. I didn't see that coming. He is going to be torn up inside. I felt so bad for him wanting to arrest Hitchin but having to do that.

Loved Red's scene with Gale.

I think the bones belong to real Red. The timeline just doesn't work. Katarina should have been drowned right after the fire. Kate and Red didn't meet until years later. And I can't see him just having Kats bones just lying around.

Kaplan shot Baz. I hate her more. Did Baz survive?

Last edited by Fangirl49; 05-19-2017 at 06:19 AM
Old 05-19-2017, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

I havn't watched yet but I am completely confused now
Old 05-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm just lurking right away and will be back later on, but Marilyn, she did make the test but she never had a look at the results.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

That's what I meant, Miss Lurker. Even before the Caul episode she had the opportunity to do the test and didn't. That's another reason I believe this test is not if our Red. The whole idea of 30 year old blood, when Red is right there, I mean, come on.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OH MY GOD! Did this just happen?!
Old 05-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

So Tom was working for Mr Kaplan My first thought is the suitcase is holding Katarina's bones
Old 05-19-2017, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

You think Tom worked for Kaplan? I just thought her associate called him, but wouldn't that be a heck of a twist if he was!!!!